Total Dry diapers

ThatHiddenDL

There are, in fact, flamingos.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Does anyone have any thoughts on Total Dry diapers? I’ve read a few reviews that they are a decent moderate capacity diaper and I’m thinking of ordering some.

ThatHiddenDL said:
Does anyone have any thoughts on Total Dry diapers? I’ve read a few reviews that they are a decent moderate capacity diaper and I’m thinking of ordering some.
It depends which one. The X Dry Plus is the same as Bambino Bianco. Not a heavyweight but decent thickness and about 3500 ml capacity. The Total Dry Overnight is a good choice for daytime despite its name. 2500 ml plastic backed and discreet. About $1 each plus shipping from Betty Mills. Overall good quality on both. The air or fabric versions of Total Dry are not that great.

Reactions: ThatHiddenDL
Dalmatian said:
It depends which one. The X Dry Plus is the same as Bambino Bianco. Not a heavyweight but decent thickness and about 3500 ml capacity. The Total Dry Overnight is a good choice for daytime despite its name. 2500 ml plastic backed and discreet. About $1 each plus shipping from Betty Mills. Overall good quality on both. The air or fabric versions of Total Dry are not that great.
I’m going to remember that. I went ahead and got the plus after reading up a little more. If for some reason they don’t work out for me they’ll just end up being emergency supply.

I've been wanting to try these myself, I look forward to hearing how they perform.

BrattyPrincessSophie said:
I've been wanting to try these myself, I look forward to hearing how they perform.
I will certainly post about this!

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
The best I got from their Plus Protection diaper in a real-world test was 1,386 ml / 47 fl oz. You would get twice that or more with most premium diapers from Tykables, Rearz, or NorthShore.

They're inexpensive, but if you're going for absorbency per dollar you can do much better with Abena, Medline, and even Certainty which is available in Walgreens stores. Here are some good choices.

And here's what I know about the Plus Protection:

Total Dry Plus Protection Fitted Brief (more photos and info at link)

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

Last edited:
the total dry x plus is a super quality diaper. I worn them almost 5 years then the place I was getting them started having a hard time stocking them and all they have now is XL. I think they fit as good as any diaper I have ever used. They fit a lot like a mega max and have that reinforced landing strip. Unfortunately after buying a very large volume of cases from them they will not even reply to a email to say what is going on so I switched to Northshore. The total dry x plus was way better and more absorbent than the the total dry plus.

https://totaldry.com/totaldry-x-plus-fiited-briefs.html

This is where I was getting them but Like I said there customer service is less than spot on and I never got a reply after emailing them a half dozen times even after spending $1000's with them. I am so happy with North shore Mega Max and the customer support they have. If you find the Xplus else where under 90 bucks a case of 48 please let me know.

I ended up ordering a case of these and the DL in me is honestly excited to give them a shot. There aren't a whole lot of diapers like these that are plastic backed with a landing zone. I have my reservations on the lack of SAP, but, apparently, reviewers rave over their leak guards and their leg gatherers. Ultimately, I'm hoping for the best from a functionality standpoint because I have my "fun diapers" and I have what has become my "everyday diapers". I'm hoping that these will work out.

Reactions: Diaperman95
They have to bring the overnight version back those are good

I liked the Plus as a discreet daytime diaper, but they're certainly not something I'd wear for more than 6 hours, less with heavy wettings. The X-Plus were my absolute favorite diapers for a while. Running out of the ones I bought a few years ago, they were moderately thick and pretty absorbent, and probably my favorite plastic backing and tapes and landing zones on any diapers I've ever worn. Unfortunately I've been trying to restock for a while now, and the mediums seem to be out of stock both on their site and at Bambino. If anyone knows where else to get them, I'd appreciate the info.

cmon6969 said:
They have to bring the overnight version back those are good
Agreed. I still find them available at a website in the US meant as a supply house for nursing homes. It’s called Betty Mills.

Dalmatian said:
Agreed. I still find them available at a website in the US meant as a supply house for nursing homes. It’s called Betty Mills.
they out of stock too. I am thinking they might have Discontinued the x plus and people are only selling the sizes they have left. Its a shame they won't even answer a email to a customer who has spent thousands with them. I switched to mega max about a year ago as my daily driver they fit very similar but are far more absorbent. Total Dry plus was a lot cheaper but I am not too sad I had to switch.

So, I just got my shipment in. Haven't tried them yet, but just first impressions of the diaper based on sight--omgosh they are THIN! Like more thin than I expected and it's a little concerning lol.

The plastic backing is rough enough that I had to make sure it actually was plastic because it felt almost like a cloth backing.

The leak guards are very tall which is an absolute plus and the leg gatherers do seem to have a lot of stretchiness, but they do feel a little loose.

At this point all I do is give it a shot and go from there.

I'll give a "review" of these a little later.

Mmk . . . So, here are my thoughts on these diapers:

I'll start with my overall impression which is that they are a sufficient diaper for moderate Urinary incontinence which is discreet and comfortable to wear during the day. I would highly recommend using a booster to help with capacity. They are certainly not a shining star, but I've experienced much worse.

Pros
These diapers are very discreet under any clothing.
Leak guards are tall and leg gathers fit snuggly enough that I experienced no leaks.
They don't retain body heat.
Plastic Landing Zone
Priced at ~$68.00 for 96 diapers
They seem to control odor well.

Cons
They don't absorb very fast and being so thin they don't retain moisture very well, so at times you feel wetness ( compared to other premium diapers).
Low SAP content.
Frequent changes will be necessary ( every 4-6 hours, depending on the person).
Likely will not be sufficient for bedwetting without a booster.

Wearing these today, I was very comfortable and they were not noisy despite the type of plastic used on the product. I'm not a heavy wetter, but it is very apparent that I will be going through 2-3 of these during the day; usually, one Tena will last the whole working day for me without needing a change. They are sooooo thin and light that I was concerned about leaking within a few hours, but that didn't become an issue so far. Obviously, I was not going into this expecting them to be a 5 star product, but they will work until I can get more of my normal product. I'm not entirely sure I would recommend these to most people, but if you're not a heavy wetter and you don't mind changing fairly often then these can be a cheap fall back option.

ThatHiddenDL said:
Mmk . . . So, here are my thoughts on these diapers:

I'll start with my overall impression which is that they are a sufficient diaper for moderate Urinary incontinence which is discreet and comfortable to wear during the day. I would highly recommend using a booster to help with capacity. They are certainly not a shining star, but I've experienced much worse.

Pros
These diapers are very discreet under any clothing.
Leak guards are tall and leg gathers fit snuggly enough that I experienced no leaks.
They don't retain body heat.
Plastic Landing Zone
Priced at ~$68.00 for 96 diapers
They seem to control odor well.

Cons
They don't absorb very fast and being so thin they don't retain moisture very well, so at times you feel wetness ( compared to other premium diapers).
Low SAP content.

Wearing these today, I was very comfortable and they were not noisy despite the type of plastic used on the product. I'm not a heavy wetter, but it is very apparent that I will be going through 2-3 of these during the day; usually, one Tena will last the whole working day for me without needing a change. They are sooooo thin and light that I was concerned about leaking within a few hours, but that didn't become an issue so far. Obviously, I was not going into this expecting them to be a 5 star product, but they will work until I can get more of my normal product. I'm not entirely sure I would recommend these to most people, but if you're not a heavy wetter and you don't mind changing fairly often then these can be a cheap fall back option.
The x plus are way more absorbent and thicker but other than that they fit about the same. I wish I could still find them. I used them for close to 5 years but am now a Northshore fan Mega max has been good to me but they are pretty pricy too.

Diaperman95 said:
The x plus are way more absorbent and thicker but other than that they fit about the same. I wish I could still find them. I used them for close to 5 years but am now a Northshore fan Mega max has been good to me but they are pretty pricy too.
Yeah I was looking for them myself, but couldn't find them. Megamax are awesome to say the least, but, like you said, pricey.

Reactions: Diaperman95
ThatHiddenDL said:
Sounds not too different than the kind of mileage I usually get from Tranquility ATN.

Further update:

I can safely say I’m already tired of these diapers lol. I thought I wouldn’t mind having to change often but now I’m over it. I’m not an absorbency junky but this might be an exception.

Diaperman95 said:
The Bambino Bianco is the same diaper as the X-Plus and is available at Bambino’s site. Not cheap. $95 for a case of 48. Samples available too.

Dalmatian said:
The Bambino Bianco is the same diaper as the X-Plus and is available at Bambino’s site. Not cheap. $95 for a case of 48. Samples available too.
Thank you. I knew it was one of them. They are a pretty good diaper for the money. They always fit me well. That is not a horrible price for 48 quality diapers.

Back