Top Ten List - thinking about wearing diapers...

greatlake5

Profoundly incontinent since the beginning.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
#10 - shameful
#9 - upsetting
#8 - humiliating
#7 - embarrassing
#6 - humbling
#5 -secure
#4 - warm / comfy
#3 - safe
#2 - relieving
And the #1 about thinking about wearing diapers...
vulnerabler

Reactions: Diprs2

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm not quite sure about this list- is it least worrisome to most, or the other way round?
greatlake5 said:
#10 - shameful
Definitely feels that way in the audience of non-IC folks.
greatlake5 said:
#9 - upsetting
I don't feel "upset" about it really, though I was at the start.
greatlake5 said:
#8 - humiliating
#7 - embarrassing
#6 - humbling
Like #10, diapers are humiliating, embarrassing and humbling in the audience of non-IC folks.
greatlake5 said:
#5 -secure
#4 - warm / comfy
#3 - safe
#2 - relieving
And the #1 about thinking about wearing diapers...
vulnerable
Diapers certainly provide reassurance and comfort to IC folk. Otherwise, we'd go out into the public terrified that we're about to embarrass ourselves with a visible/smelly accident.

For the more severely incontinent, just managing around the home is a problem. It's one thing for the house cat to pee on the couch, but quite another for one of the cat caregivers to do so!

greatlake5

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
Definitely feels that way in the audience of non-IC folks.
i don't create this list for non-IC people. Just like any other posts I make. I acknowledge that there are abdl members who like to read these posts. Like I said, it's a free forum. But everything I post here on the IC forum is directed to IC members.
slimjiminy said:
.Diapers certainly provide reassurance and comfort to IC folk. Otherwise, we'd go out into the public terrified that we're about to embarrass ourselves with a visible/smelly accident.
"Terrified" didn't make the list. I've been IC since the beginning. I think I'm OK when I go out even though I've had some BM accidents before. I'm sure there are some newly IC people that fear some of the list (me too). The older I get I know there's a learning curve. Items on #5 to #1 make's it better for me. My new partner told me that being vulnerable makes me lovable. I'm cool with that.

Tenaman

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I can associate with all those feelings but above all the implications of not wearing protection - in my case adult nappies - does not bear thinking about. They allow me to lead a normal and full life.

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
For girl its this order !!!
#3 - safe
#5 -secure
#4 - warm / comfy
#6 - humbling

Reactions: Diprs2 and greatlake5

greatlake5

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Don't forget that it's vulnerable. If you're lucky, friends, families and partners will help with us. I'm good with both of these. Being IC is not a fun thing.
Humbling? Sure. Actually all of my lists are right. But being vulnerable, with having a really good partner, you have to except their help. I'm still working on that. But she does love me.Despite IC.