• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

top reasons i need to move somewhere tropical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
1. I hate snow. But everyone says that, don't they? No, I actualy hate snow with a passion. It stops me from doing the things I love, it's wet, cold and ugly. I can not find one redeaming quality about snow

2. I hate winter. Why? Because it gets cold. It's been -30 for over three months now, and I'm sick of it.

3. I'm a cyclist. I use my bike as my main mode of transportation, and when we've got 5 feet of snow I can't bike anywhere.

4. I'm out of doors oriented, but the winter stops me from doing anything outdoorsy. I become a sloth durring the cold months simply because I can't do anything.

5 I'm built for the warm weather. I'm extremely sensitive to cold temperatures, and artificial heating makes my nose bleed. A lot. I've had 3 nose bleeds in the past week.

6. I like raw, tropical fruits. I've only been to a tropical place once, but the fresh fruit there was awesome. The mangoes I get here taste like cardboard.

7. I'm slow. not slow as in stupid, but slow as in my pace of life is a lot more relaxed than what people around me are used too. In canada everyone is always busy; we're always working and we never slow down. We work hard in school so we can get a good job. Then we work hard in that job for the rest of our lives, insisting we'll be able to relax when we retire. when retirement finally does roll around, we die. In places like the south pacific, people are less worried about their futures and would just rather live for the moment.

8. I'd rather be too hot than too cold.

9. My dad's got this weird thing with wood. Out of all my friends, I'm the only one who has to chop and pile wood. The worst part? The heat from the woodstove doesn't reach my room, so I have to rely on a pittly little electrical heater.

10. I like reggae music and Sublime. That probably doesn't mean anything, but it should.

Last edited:

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
1. I hate snow. But everyone says that, don't they? No, I actualy hate snow with a passion. It stops me from doing the things I love, it's wet, cold and ugly. I can not find one redeaming quality about snow

2. I hate winter. Why? Because it gets cold. It's been -30 for over three months now, and I'm sick of it.

3. I'm a cyclist. I use my bike as my main mode of transportation, and when we've got 5 feet of snow I can't bike anywhere.

4. I'm out of doors oriented, but the winter stops me from doing anything outdoorsy. I become a sloth durring the cold months simply because I can't do anything.

5 I'm built for the warm weather. I'm extremely sensitive to cold temperatures, and artificial heating makes my nose bleed. A lot. I've had 3 nose bleeds in the past week.

6. I like raw, tropical fruits. I've only been to a tropical place once, but the fresh fruit there was awesome. The mangoes I get here taste like cardboard.

7. I'm slow. not slow as in stupid, but slow as in my pace of life is a lot more relaxed than what people around me are used too. In canada everyone is always busy; we're always working and we never slow down. We work hard in school so we can get a good job. Then we work hard in that job for the rest of our lives, insisting we'll be able to relax when we retire. when retirement finally does roll around, we die.

8. I'd rather be too hot than too cold.
1.) It's cold

2.) It's cold.

3.) It's fucking cold!

4.) It's freezing!

5.) I like heat.

6.) Fucking COLD!!!

Did I mention that it's cold?

A

Asher

Hey chillhouse

Considering you're probably going to college pretty soon, why don't you go to Arizona State or somewhere in Cali. so you can go somewhere warm? Vegas ain't too bad either : )

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Hey chillhouse

Considering you're probably going to college pretty soon, why don't you go to Arizona State or somewhere in Cali. so you can go somewhere warm? Vegas ain't too bad either : )
Sorry man. I was thinkin about it, but it would cost to much for a Canadian like me. Plus I wasn't really looking forward to taking your SAT exams. AND i already got accepted to humber in toronto. So, at least for two years I won't have to shovel snow and chop wood.

From there? The south pacific, maybe autralia, maybe california. Anywhere warm really.

Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I would kill for a cold weather... would you switch with me? It's nearly 60ºC here during summer.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Oh please, motorbreath, would you switch with me? The summers here are hot, but they only last about 2 months.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm not a fan of winter either. My main problem with winter is the ice, since my balance is pretty crappy and ice doesn't help one bit. The piles of snow doesn't bother me too much, but when the temperature stays in the -30C range for long periods of times it can get pretty annoying.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Chill,

Radio Stations in Martinique

You parle Francais, oui?
Salut. Oui! je parle francais tres bon!! i'm still learning, but i'm getting there.

Merci for bringin martinique to my atention. It seems like a very nice island, and je veux bien habite dans la caribean. Unfortunately, the radio stations don't seem to be working for me.

Cheers

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
I recommend South Florida, pleanty of good deals there at the moment ;)

-Gus

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sorry man. I was thinkin about it, but it would cost to much for a Canadian like me. Plus I wasn't really looking forward to taking your SAT exams. AND i already got accepted to humber in toronto. So, at least for two years I won't have to shovel snow and chop wood.

From there? The south pacific, maybe autralia, maybe california. Anywhere warm really.
Oh man. Did you look at prices too? American colleges are so expensive, and ten on top of that thousands in international fees. Super crazy.

A

Asher

I don't blame you, chillhouse. It gets extremely expensive, and the SAT's do suck... bad

Heard Canada is pretty nice though (besides the winters of course). : )

Et oui, je parle francais aussi. : P

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Keep complaining and you'll be deported, you fake Canuck!

(Just kidding, I'm getting sick of the cold too)

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Keep complaining and you'll be deported
Lets just hope I'm deported before next winter.

Jesus, the british are idiots. "Hey chaps, I have an idea! Lets all go live in the coldest, most inhospitable place in the new world... and we'll send our prisoners to a tropical island!"

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Chillhouse, sounds like you need to make an adjustment on your username. I think *HOT*house would suit your feelings about cold and snow better.;):D

Even though a dumping of snow in itself isn't your cup of tea, you have to admit (well maybe you don't) the designs of individual snowflakes are absolutely beautiful.:smile:

~Pramrider

Role
Private
Tropical climate, aye?

Well I'm sub-tropical, and it's usually pretty good weather all year round. Last year I really only had to rug up in warm clothes for about 15 days of the year, most of the time it was cozy enough for jeans and a shirt, and only a few hot days that required shorter pants. Really great weather! :D

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I suggest we all move in with Lukie. That should freak him out pretty good. You would think it would be warm in Virginia, but we have had a cold winter with temperatures down to 7. Last night we got 8" of snow. I know that doesn't compare with Canada. I lived for 9 years in Ohio, and we have a summer cottage up beyond Perry Sound. But I am sick of winter as well. I'm tired of going to school in cold weather. I have to put my wife's electric cart on the cold steel carrier which is attached to the Jeep. I'm ready for warm weather.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Jesus, the british are idiots. "Hey chaps, I have an idea! Lets all go live in the coldest, most inhospitable place in the new world... and we'll send our prisoners to a tropical island!"
You know what? The cold is worth the fact that hockey, the greatest sport ever, was created.

And saying that Canada is the most inhospitable place in the world... I can think of worse. Greenland, for example.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
Want to switch lives? Come to freakin' hot Atlanta, Georgia! You'll want to be home in no time.

It should not reach the 80s in winter. Ever.

But it does here.

Status
Not open for further replies.