BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Here's the scene: in 2006 I was in Alberta at the Diaper Camp near Hinton and had to take my red sportycar into Hinton's Safeway to get some goodies, so I brought along DougDoug, an Ontario Adult Baby (and overall good chum), for the ride.

We got there, I parked in a disabled spot (because, well, I was disabled then), reached for my placard to put up. Doug asks me "Dude, you got plates for this spot? It's a disabled spot" as I put up the placard. I tell him the placard is a state-issued permit from my US home state. He says "I don't think placards are accepted", so I tell him "It's state-issued, it's good".

He goes with it but then says that in Canada, a person who violates disabled parking gets a non-negotiable $5,000 ticket: you can't get it reduced, etc. 😲😵💸 Is this fact? Or was it fact at that time? Frankly, I'd love to see that kind of violation here get someone a $1,000 ticket. But is it fact that it's $5,000 in Canada...or that it was at one point? Thank you for your real, factual replies! 🥳

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hello,

I'm Canadian

As far as I know all you need is the card handling in your window there is no special license plate.

I had my level 2 insurance adjuster license and never heard of such a thing.

Reactions: neurallink

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In Ontario it’s just a placard you place on your dashboard when you park. No big deal. They’re issued by our version of the dmv as to keep it all legit.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks

LstNwf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
In NL its a fair size cardboard plaque that some folks get laminated and either put on their dash when they park or have it permanently fixed to their sun visor. The fines vary by province and I know they have been raised here a few times in recent years, but thats because there are too many ignorant folks who park there just because they can. Currently (according to a search to remind myself) its a range of $400-$700 here, but again, its given out about as often as folks are ticketed for parking in no parking/fine lanes :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks