To Be or Not to Be, that is the Question... --What was the longest time you have gone without wearing diapers???

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
#Bingeandpurge

So I got to thinking (which is dangerous sometimes)...

Most of us have gone through a binge and purge cycle. Where we have had a love and hate relationship with wearing diapers or being ABDL.

While I no longer really experience this, as I accept this as part of who I am, and while I am not going to go out parading the fact around or telling others who are not ABDL about it, I actually think this is something that makes me a better and stronger person now that I understand it. But for a long time, while I loved diapers, I also hated that I loved them. I wished that I didn't have this interest and had a real internal conflict about it and it affected my self esteem. I often tried to quit wearing them and succeeded upon occasion to go for some time without wearing them. However, as most everyone who has experienced this will attest, for one reason or another, I was always brought back to them.

But I digress... My question among this is simply,

1) For those of you that have done so, what is the longest time (since you realized you liked diapers and had been wearing them) that you have been able to go without wearing them during a purge cycle in your diaper interest?

2) Was there an event or something that happened that you recall that specifically brought your interests back?

I am very interested in your responses, and think others here may likewise be so as well.

I guess I should start by answering my own question. Besides the fact of while growing up, there were years when I didn't wear for a few years as I wasn't quite old enough to figure out how to create my own diapers, but yet I remember from shortly after being potty trained that I had this interest and experimented with it. This included getting into a box of stored baby clothes and wearing and using some cloth pull-up training briefs.

But truly, the longest time I have ever gone without wearing diapers was for about two and a half years. I thought I had actually achieved a success in giving up diapers, even though I had had thoughts and strong desires at times. But after two and a half years, I figured I had overcome this and as I had not come to accept it (or even really understand that there were many others who shared this interest) I was quite pleased that I had done so.

But what really ended this fast of wearing, was an event that happened as a sophomore in college. We had a Halloween party, and one of my apartment mates' girlfriends came to the party in a baby costume. She was even wearing a real diaper underneath her costume. --side note: How come it seems girls can get away with something like this, but if a guy had done this, it would have seemed really weird?

A bit of background... My friend's girlfriend was an assistant at a nursing home to help pay for her college, so she had access to them. I don't think she was actually ABDL (but who knows).

Well, when I saw this person wearing the baby costume in public, and actually wearing a diaper underneath, my own mind did a death spiral. I tried hard for a week or two to get it out of my mind, but ultimately, the feelings that have been a part of me since I have my first memories came back full force, and I couldn't help but go back to wearing them on occassion.

It was many years that I continued in the "binge and purge" cycle before realizing there really was not a reason for hating myself and my feelings for this. It finally "clicked", that this really is part of just who I am. I am a little person inside, and while I know the times and places that it may be appropriate for doing so, I can't help but be who I am. It is really a refreshing realization when this happens. All of the sadness and anger and hate towards myself for thinking I am not normal, was replaced with the knowledge that I am uniquely me. I don't have to explain it to others, for it is just part of my life and I think makes me have a better and greater understanding of the world than those who can only see things through the eyes of adulthood and have forgotten the joys and marvels of being a child.

--well enough on that. Just a few thoughts from an ol' Teddy Bear Cowboy. What are your experiences in this regard?

🧸

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: NooNoo
Oh man... I had a really long purge cycle where I didn't wear for 8 years.

Funnily enough, I actually was scared off of diapers at 11. Because of all things, I got my first period. And growing up in a super religious home, I honestly thought God had come to punish me for wearing diapers when I shouldn't have. I seriously thought I was dying and that I had some horrible disease or cancer (yay lack of sex Ed...) And had cried to my mom to take me to the hospital.

From then to 19 I didn't wear diapers or engage in any kind of ABDL activity (though I would always love to play with toys and my younger relatives through my teens).

What triggered my interests again was a lot of soul searching I did when I got in a bad accident leaving me bedridden for 5 months. I suddenly had a lot more free time to think about who I am and what really made me happy.

Reactions: DisneyDaddy99 and TeddyBearCowboy
I haven't worn a nappy for about two years, which would have to be the longest I've ever gone, at least as an adult. I haven't lost any of my desires to be a baby in nappies, but there is something about wearing as an adult that has lost its lustre for me at the moment. And I actually have nappies in the house, so it isn't even a case of not being able to get my hands on any.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy
I've never really experienced binge/purge and I never hate them or hate myself for wearing nappies. There are times when it's less convenient or desirable, so I'd go without for maybe a few weeks e.g. at the beginning of a relationship, during extreme hot weather, or working away from home in adverse conditions. It's usually an external factor like that, not variations in my own underlying desire, that tips the balance in favour of not wearing, and I pick back up as soon as conditions change.

from age 2 till age 16

apart from night time, I had a dry spell for about 8 or 9 years. But apart from that the only times I don't wear a nappy is for showers.

The longest time I could get my hands on diapers but had no interest in wearing was probably 3 years. This was the full span of 1 relationship where I lived with my boyfriend and his mother, and the beginning of my current relationship where I was just too busy working 60 hr weeks with a 1hour one-way trip commute. My work situation has changed to about 50-60 hour weeks plus no commute(5 min walk). And quarentine got me to explore my little side for the 3rd time.

I went for about a 2 year stretch without wearing when I first got married. I didn’t want the new wife finding out about my diapers so I swore off of them “forever”. But like everybody on this message board, the desires came back too strong.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy and RedPandaDL
I think in my adult life the longest I have gone without diapers is 2 weeks. During my first marriage about six months into it my wife gathered all of my diapers and drove to a nearby dumpster to get rid of them. I went without for those two weeks but couldn’t take it anymore and bought a bag of cheap adult diapers. She never knew until one night we had friends over and one of her friends wanted to barrow a sweatshirt. My wife dug into the bottom drawer of my dresser with her friend standing beside her and along with the sweatshirt came a diaper. She instantly came to me furious and embarrassed but long story short she got over it and I returned to wearing when I was by myself. Years later she actually started enjoying wearing them with me.

• Wow
For me, it was just under 4 years, from September 2004 to July 2008. I got rid of the remaining Depends I bought as my first adult diaper purchase because I was worried about being discovered. Then, in July 2008, I went and bougt some of the brand-new Underjams. I thought the white button girls Lg/XL design was very cute. But, as I and most people figured out, the sides were trash.

And it's a good question, love content (on here) like this!!
It's funny (not funny ha ha) really but it's only recently that I've spent moderate handfuls of time not in nappies. I first got into nappies - for non-standard useage - around the age of 4/5 (of course that's another block of words for another time!!) and wore (let's say even though I'm really not) religiously every night until I was 21. After that I tried leaving home and failed horribly, they were tough times and my ABDLI+ism pendulumised alongside or in the mix with standard depression, I would find myself taking three nights off (litrally off!!) but also at least twice and surprisingly not via choice (no washing machine and too much trouble at home to hang around in for more than an hour!!) I ended up in nappies 24/7 for about a week and a half ...just to clarify I never lost continence but HAD to resort to disposable underwear ...sorry to say I feel I'm already revealing too much AND a short answer is most likely wanted!!
This outbreak and all the uncertainties around it have un-settled my Infantilistic side the most, until May the 18th - when I got my current nappies of the moment (aka the only brand I have atm) - I think I was completely nappy free for a week for the first time in a very long time (since I was four!!!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And yep it was not that easy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
GISW

Last edited:
Well for me things are a bit different since I am blind, still have a little vision but not much, this puts everything with me at a much later start. I didn’t really move out on my own until about 30 until then I was either at college or living at home between my dads or moms house, since I can’t drive it was all about getting them where I could so for me and Diapers were a very often on kind of situation. During that time there was definitely periods where I wouldn’t wear for years and that’s when things mentally we’re really tough. Now that I am in my early 40s and living on my own, it’s probably only been a few months time where I didn’t wear diapers consistently because now I have had the ability to wear diapers whenever I want for however long I want for about the past 12 years or so. For me Diapers have always been about a sense of comfort and I’ve always had that fear of having an accident. But in recent years since my blindness has gotten worse and my bladder control has gotten a bit worse and have had accidents at night I have become aware of Diapers on a 24/7 basis. The fact that I was already used to this and OK with it made it a lot easier to except it and in fact it is how I would’ve preferred to have been all those Times where I wasn’t able to wear them. No they have become a necessity for me, even in times when I am not going anywhere because of the coronavirus, they are definitely still needed even at home and still definitely help me mentally in these current times. Sorry for any miss spellings, as voice to text is not always accurate and editing things after the fact can be a giant pain in the ass.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
#Bingeandpurge

So I got to thinking (which is dangerous sometimes)...

Most of us have gone through a binge and purge cycle. Where we have had a love and hate relationship with wearing diapers or being ABDL.

While I no longer really experience this, as I accept this as part of who I am, and while I am not going to go out parading the fact around or telling others who are not ABDL about it, I actually think this is something that makes me a better and stronger person now that I understand it. But for a long time, while I loved diapers, I also hated that I loved them. I wished that I didn't have this interest and had a real internal conflict about it and it affected my self esteem. I often tried to quit wearing them and succeeded upon occasion to go for some time without wearing them. However, as most everyone who has experienced this will attest, for one reason or another, I was always brought back to them.

But I digress... My question among this is simply,

1) For those of you that have done so, what is the longest time (since you realized you liked diapers and had been wearing them) that you have been able to go without wearing them during a purge cycle in your diaper interest?

2) Was there an event or something that happened that you recall that specifically brought your interests back?

I am very interested in your responses, and think others here may likewise be so as well.
1) 30 years
2) I had figuratively fallen into a black hole in my life, my mother died (96) My dog died (15) my health deteriorated seriously affecting my profession. I just wanted to crawl into a black hole with diapers on. I was ready to go it alone, but broke down and told my wife about my little side... she never knew up till that point. I did not know how she would take it... I have been diapered by her for nearly the last 3 years, she changed my life... she saved me.

The longest I've gone without wearing was probably the majority of my teen years. I discovered diapers when I was around 12-13 and tried them out a few times, but it felt too risky to wear them at home with my parents around, so I didn't really get back to it until I was in the beginning of my twenties. Since then I've had periods where I wear, but then I tend to go months, where I don't really feel like wearing.

Longest I've gone was the period of years after I stopped bedwetting at 15 to the age of 18 when I ordered my first pack of diapers

I stopped wearing around age 16, got busy with gym stuff, high school sports, discovered girls and was a punk with my other teenage friends. Then I enlisted into the military right after high school and went away for almost 4 years. I kind of got back into diapers as a DL after I bought my first house, I guess I had extra time and privacy so I decided to experiment a little. I lost interest again for about 6 months or so, I was dating a new girl, got heavy back into the gym and things seemed to just fall apart somewhere along the way, me and girlfriend at the time were losing interest in each other, little things were bugging me and I spent a lot of time between work and gym.
We broke up and I went through a purge on my life, felt like I was just existing, no purpose in life, just was a live, to compound things worse I went with some friends of mine to our towns local Christmas tree lighting, I saw people I knew from my school days, same age as myself getting out of cars with there young families, it really hurt my ego to see that, I just felt like I was a waste which then transpired to me up and leaving this community and doing some serious soul searching.
I don't know what it was, and it was months after the Christmas cliff freefall I started paying attention to myself and my thoughts, I found inner peace, I started realize and rationalize who I was and rebuilt myself. Slowly got back into this side of myself, now I'm with my fiancée and things are looking better then ever.

Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy, littlemoosey and RedPandaDL
I was out of diapers for 40 years before I became a DL, so I guess that doesn’t count. I have been a DL for a little over a year now. The longest I have went was a couple weeks without wearing. That was before I told my wife. Since telling her, I have never went more than a few days.

I spooked myself every time I bought diapers and used/enjoyed them each time in 7th, 8th, and then 10th grade. Didn’t pick up another package of diapers for another 3 years until I was a freshman in college, but even then there was this weird dance of buy a pack, get spooked, buy a pack, get spooked. But my windows in between were shorter.

It really wasn’t until I owned that I was gay senior spring that I also owned I’m a DL — I’ve basically never not had a large stash of diapers since

TeddyBearCowboy said:
This is a tough one for me because I was living at home and in college when I still had binge/purge cycles, so a lot of times me not wearing during a purge cycle was a combination of a purge cycle plus no opportunity, no diapers on hand, and not really a good financial choice to be spending money on that kind of thing.

If we ignore the purge cycle qualifier though, I'd say 3 weeks when forced not to (traveling with non ABDL friends) is about the longest I've gone without wearing one.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
No single event, and my interests always came back on their own. That said, the binge/purge cycle definitely went away as I gained self-acceptance. The interest still waxes and wanes sometimes, but it's nowhere near the extreme whiplash that binge/purge was.

Back