to any furry out there question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Well, I started without knowing furry existed. It all begun with TLK, then my interest over that kind of movies/drawings started to grow. You don't need requirements to become a furry. This isn't a game you can only run on a CoreDuo with 2Gb RAM. This is an interest, and as that, it only needs you to be interested.

You might like to select your fursona (your furry self) and maybe get a fursuit or start drawing, but none of those are obligatory. Like I said before you can be it only with being interested in it, but your participation on that only depends on your choice.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
There really is no way to become a fur XD, I'm not one myself but I have studied deep into the furry fandom. A lot of my online friends are furs, and I hope to have my partner as one because they are so great, usually always kind and nice.

Really if I were you I would just look deeper into the furry fandom make sure you want to be a furry, then choose your fursona, the furry fandom is probably one of the most confusing groups in the world.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
There really is no way to become a fur XD, I'm not one myself but I have studied deep into the furry fandom. A lot of my online friends are furs, and I hope to have my partner as one because they are so great, usually always kind and nice.

Really if I were you I would just look deeper into the furry fandom make sure you want to be a furry, then choose your fursona, the furry fandom is probably one of the most confusing groups in the world.
Totally agree.

Samaki

Contributor
Role
To me Id don't find it a choice I think it's more of something that you feel, kind of hard to explain.

I don't really like people who join a group just because they think it would be cool, or because everyone is doing it, that's why I don't hang out with this kid at my school. Not only because hes greasy all the time and he smells bad -.- but also because he says he's bi but he shows it off to everyone and yells it out, I think he just says that to look cool, I don't think he actually feels any love towards men... bu heh wat do I know maybe he really is.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
No... It's not a matter of wanting to be a furry, it's feeling attracted to the furry fandom. Ever since I lurked around TBDL, I looked at Munkart's art thread a lot, because I felt a lot more attracted to it than to normal infantilism pictures.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Somehow I got pulled into it. It's not as much as a wanting to more like a realization (which is still in process).

LilRabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Incontinent, Carer
Its a general interest, I would say. I like the people... I like the idea of having a fursona, maybe getting a fursuit, and just having an excuse to act a little sillier than I normally ever would. It's just plain fun to me.

Ren

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
To qualify being a furry, you must first pass the test of A Thousand Pains With Crackers and biscuits but not Tea, where you need to roll over mud and then chase around a bear to hug him and get his snout full of mud, this while singing the canadian national anthem backwards, 16 prayers of the Koran in ancient greek and discovering new Archetypes for Jung's list! if you want to be a babyfur you must do this with a diaper on and wagging your tail as well! If such a tail is not possessed then you must do all of this under the strict vigilance of another furry, preferable a non-mammal, non-scaley, non-feather furre.

If you would rather not do the test then you must possess a sincere interest in joining the furry community in the forums, or RP, fursuits, covnentions, or even watching the art and feeling a sortof connection with the thought of being a furred lil' critter! ^^

I did not mean anything insulting...but I agree with those who have posted before me ^^

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
You don't become a furry. You just are one. You don't start to become, go through a process, or any sort of "test" as Ren jokingly suggested :).

It's just a matter of being a furry or not being a furry. If you feel more emotionally connected with animals than people, if your ideal "you" is more animalistic in nature, if you can identify with a certain animal persona (fursona) easily, if you roleplay (either in real life, or just in your head) as an animal, you are probably a furry.

If that just sounds really ****ed up to you, you probably aren't :p.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Allanon, you took the words right out of my mouth and explained them better than I ever could have.

But your point is well and truly accurate, a lot of people seem to think that they need some sort of "requirement" to be furry, but that is just not true. Only you will know when you're ready to step into the furry fandom.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
well let me put it another way how can I get interested in it, because I saw some furry pictures an I said to myself "Wow that looks cool, and I am going to respect them like I do for ab/tb/dl's out there"

How can I find out if I can find out which animal am I?

Btw spirit nice avatar pic

Thank you all for helping me understand the furry side of it all!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You just do some searching. What animal do you feel like you connect with? What animal's your favorite, maybe?

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Exactly as Akira put it.

(should I say it? what the hell...)

Being a furry is like being in love. Nobody can tell you, you just know.

Excuse me while I go drown in all the cheese :p.

-----

In all seriousness though, you don't choose, acquire, search, etc, this sort of thing out. It kind of comes to you. It's as basic as knowing you are a guy or a gal.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
To be fair, Allanon. Quite a few people kinda struggle with that last decision y'mentioned...but that's beside the point. >>;;

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
To be fair, Allanon. Quite a few people kinda struggle with that last decision y'mentioned...but that's beside the point. >>;;
Well that's certainly right. I can't decide on one final fursona. ;-)

Dragon

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Well, I always thought of the whole, anthromorphized thing to be really cool. I love the thought of humanoid animals and wished I was one myself from a young age. Then it was mostly things like a t-rex and the sort, beastly things I could pretend to be to scare my little brother. Then it sank back for a few years. I really discovered my furriness when I started hanging out with my group of high school friends. A large amount of them were furries, I remembered my thoughts years ago, and things resurfaced. Only now I was some manner of feline. Now I find my fursona to be that of the cat-boy, though, things can change.

Also, as everyone has said, you don't become a furry overnight, it's something that you have for a while that develops into, well, an alternate side of your personality pretty much. During the day you could be boring cubicle slave, but once you get home, you're a lovable fox that everyone wants to glomp!

Allanon

Contributor
Role
Well I suppose you are correct on that. I should it is as easy as knowing you are a guy or a gal, for a majority of the population :).

I couldn't really think of anything that would be a universal metaphor though :).

RevLegna

Contributor
Role
um....just sorta, happened >.>
i was a fan of furredom for awhile, then i found fa, but then i relized to start one id need a fursona, or character, then it just kinda developed from there X3

Status
Not open for further replies.