Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm considering installing this mod, which displays a random tip on each page by default.

Thing is, I need a bunch of short tips to put into its database.

These tips should be no more than a few lines, and help newbies who aren't familiar with the forum.

Feel free to suggest tips on both social matters (e.g. "Try using the search tool, to find interesting information on a topic"), technical matters (e.g. "Use "Subscribe to Thread" in the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu if you want to know when someone replies to a thread"), or anything else that you think forum-goers should know.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I could probably make some of those kinds of tips but that'll have to wait until next week.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I wouldn't mind joining ya! I am sure we could all make a few tips. Just pick out the best ones and corretc the spelling/grammar if need be and walla! A massive list in no-time! Just point me in the right direction where I can post them!

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
You can post them in this thread. Knock yourself out :)

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I'm Guessing We're able to create links? As it would be easy to say. "Don't forget to check the news for important notifications. Click here to goto the News forum!"

Where the 'click here' is hyperlinked apropiatley(sp?).

EDIT: since the Wiki is up, why not create a page of the list of them? Then all members can easilly add onto it. Then, once the list is long enough you can add the mod!

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I'm Guessing We're able to create links? As it would be easy to say. "Don't forget to check the news for important notifications. Click here to goto the News forum!"

Where the 'click here' is hyperlinked apropiatley(sp?).

EDIT: since the Wiki is up, why not create a page of the list of them? Then all members can easilly add onto it. Then, once the list is long enough you can add the mod!
Yes, you can use HTML in the tips.

As for a wiki page on them... I considered that, but for various reasons (most of them technical) I decided a forum thread would be better for organizing this.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
"Unless you have a 21 inch waist, and are under 80 pounds, Pampers size 7 will NOT fit"

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
:D

Good tip!
Amusing tips like that are most welcome :)

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
It's more then likely a bad Idea to sign a negative rep.

F

FullMetal

"Use the 'Search' button to find answers to some of your questions before creating a thread"

FullMetal

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I've had a *.txt file on my document now with a few:
Gonna create a Thread? The better the thread the better the replies will be. Remeber Junk in, Junk out.

Don't forget to check out the chat some time! ADISC has an IRC channel irc://details here/ADISC

Want to help contribute to the comunity? Why not check the Wiki and try to create/improve articals.

Some part of the website not working? Check out the administration forum or ask in the chat if anyone else is having the same problem.

If you are having problems with any members either PM them pelitly or PM a Mod (whose username is in purple).

Need a Mod? Look out for Usernames which are bold and purple.

We are a freindly community here at TBDL and we ask for you to be courtus to other users when you post.

Worried about your parents finding out this website. Check out this wiki artical to help cover your tracks.

ADISC cost money to run. If you have a spare few $$ in your Paypal account. Moo would greatly appreciate it if you donated it towards ADISC.

If your a new member then post an introductry post for your nice warm welcome and hugs! We won't bite! Honest!

Post in the member's only section if you do not want your posts to be public or seen in google's web search.
Erm... for a funny one?

No ADISC member curently has nor know anyone else who has been babied past the age 5.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Here's the current list of tips.
Each time someone with the tip box enabled (newbies by default, until they turn it off) loads a page, they will be given one of the random tips below.
tips said:
You can use the "Search" button to locate interesting topics. This is an especially good idea before you post a new thread, as you might find old, relevant threads that you want to read. If you do find old but still relevant threads, you can link to them in your post by typing [thread]XXX[/thread], where XXX is the thread's number (shown in the url when you're browsing the thread).

You can use the "Subscribe to Thread" option in the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu if you want to be kept informed when someone replies to a thread. If you subscribe with email notification, then the forum will email you when new posts are made to the thread. If you subscribe without email notification, you can still click on your UserCP to get a list of which subscribed threads have had new posts since you last read them.

Most posts have a reputation button () which you can use to reward posts which you think make the forum a better place to be, or discourage posts you feel are spammy or in poor taste. Clicking on this button brings up a window for you to enter your scoring, and a reason for that scoring.

The "Blogs" link at the top left of the page not only allows you to view other peoples' blogs... it also allows you to create and customize your own.

You can create a private album in the gallery system, by assigning it a password. Only the people who you give the password to will be able to view images in that gallery.

Pressing the "ignore" button on a user's profile stops you seeing their posts. It also blocks them from private messaging you or reading / commenting on your blog. Use this as a quick fix if someone is really getting on your nerves

The wiki is a great place for you to go if you want to know the answer to a commonly asked question, such as "How do I get diapers?". If you know the answers, you can also post new solutions there for newbies to see.

This site is based around the principle of user choice. You have many options that you can use to customize the way things work for you. Try exploring the UserCP (User Control Panel) to set things up the way you like. Don't be afraid to click on things to find out what they do. You might learn something useful.

Unless you have a 21 inch waist, and are under 80 pounds, Pampers size 7 will NOT fit you.

Want to add images, links, etc to your forum posts? You can! Our forum supports BBCode, a markup system like HTML (but much simpler!) which allows you to add these things to your posts. Click here for more information about BBCode.

Gonna create a Thread? Remember... the better the thread, the better the replies will be. Junk in, Junk out. Put effort into the new thread when you post it, and people are more likely to put effort into their replies.

Want to help contribute to the community? Why not try going to the wiki and contributing your knowledge? Improving these articles will help all the newbies who read them.

Found a problem with the site? First, check the administrative stuff forum to make sure that it isn't an issue that is already known about and being worked on. Then, if it isn't a work in progress, post a thread in the requests forum asking for the webmaster to investigate it.

If you have a problem with another member, there are many ways of resolving it. If the dispute is personal, try using the ignore command. If they're causing a problem for other forum users, give them negative reputation using the reputation button under their avatar ().

We are a friendly community here at ADISC, and we ask that you be polite / courteous to others when you post.

Worried about your parents or family finding out you come to this site? Check the wiki... there's a whole article devoted to explaining how you can cover your tracks and maintain your privacy.

If you have a bunch of spare cash, why not donate some to ADISC? It costs money to run this site and donations are greatly appreciated!

If your a new member then post an introduction for yourself in the greetings forum! We won't bite (honest!), and hugs may be on offer :)
I'm still looking for more tips to add to the list.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
How about this:
"Please try your best and don't double post. if you got something you want to add or a mistake to fix to something you posted. Use the "Edit" button locacted in the bottom right corner of your post."

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
"Please feel free to try out our irc chat. You can try it by clicking "Live Chat (IRC)" in the links bar right above this tip. Note that if no one replies to you immediately hang around not everyone in the chat is paying attention to it, but someone is usually active. If you don't have any luck the first time try another time."

May want to edit this a little or perhaps split it up into multiple tips.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
There's tons of standardized ones you can use:

Using more than 4 images in a post is not allowed!

Hiding diapers in your underwear drawer has never been reported a success.

For advice on what's the best diaper, visit your local supermarket :p

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
If you have a problem with a person try to sort it out in private. Try forum pm, or a private room in chat; then if that doesn't work ask a mod to intercede. Please avoid insulting posts, threats, and so forth in chat or on the forums. Rep wars are unfair and unproductive. Factions at each others' throats damage everyone's fun.

Macky

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Recent History is not your friend. Be careful when downloading any *b/DL related content.

Or something to that effect. I liked "Recent history is not your friend)

If you are very worried about privacy, do not use our live chat feature. It exposes your IP address.

Remember, you can always set who is allowed to view your profile. From anyone to only your friends.

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Recent History is not your friend. Be careful when downloading any *b/DL related content.

Or something to that effect. I liked "Recent history is not your friend)

If you are very worried about privacy, do not use our live chat feature. It exposes your IP address.

Remember, you can always set who is allowed to view your profile. From anyone to only your friends.
You know.. the last post in this thread is way back from 2008 ;O :tongueout:

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
Having tested the old code I was going to use for this, it isn't as flexible as I'd like.

I'm closing this, but may well revive it once we get to vB4.

Status
Not open for further replies.