Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I'm sure this kind of thread has been posted before, but what are some tips on wetting a diaper in public? I have never done it before so I'm just interested if there is anything specific I need to know before attempting it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
If you have not already, suggest you practice in private before going public.

Courtney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
1. I agree with the WBxx. You need to know the capacity of the diaper so that you know how much you can wet without leakage. It is better to have a "dry run" (pardon the pun) prior to taking it public.
2. Also important to have a few diapers to that you can change if needed. I have a diaper bag that has all my supplies, and I don't leave home without it.
3. My favorite place to wet the diaper is at the movies. Again, it is very important to have a good absorbent product on before you try this. I usually get an extra large soda, and enjoying the fact that midway through the movie, when I would usually be having to go to the bathroom, I can just sit back and enjoy twinkling myself.

C

CrinklySiren

It's also worth mentioning that you should see how you wet in terms of whether you are a heavy wetter or not, or if you wet fast and fill up fast or slow, or in what direction your flow usually goes; these are all important factors in the resulting capacity and performance of the diaper ~ plus you have to factor in our movement and what you will be doing in said situations. Like will you be sitting down or walking or running etc.

Make sure you tape the diaper up nice and snug and also make sure it's taped correctly to avoid leaks

Maker

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
What's with these euphemisms? I thought you meant taking off your diaper to go to the bathroom.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
What's with these euphemisms? I thought you meant taking off your diaper to go to the bathroom.

Ha ha -- me too! :biggrin:

Although, as a Brit, I want to correct your euphemism and say that by "bathroom" you mean "toilet"! :neener_neener:

JazzBaby

Just Another Diapered Brony
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
If you have not already, suggest you practice in private before going public.

I have gone many times in diapers in private.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Unless you plan on revealing your diapers in public, then you have nothing to worry about. No one is going to know that your wearing a diaper unless you make it obvious (and that is purposefully).

No one is going to know that you are peeing a diaper.

I've worn Belssimos with booster pads in public, as long as you dress appropriately, you have nothing to worry about.

Millbay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Private
Hi there
I have never had the courage to wet in public yet it was a big step wetting outside the loo in the comfort of home. I can now wet standing, walking and sitting. At the moment actually wearing a diaper in public is a big challenge and when I do if feel so nervous, however when I return home successfully it is rewarding, I am doing it more now to build up my self confidence. Having read other posts I am still learning the limits of wetting phase. Best of luck JazzBaby!
Where do you find the great avatars you all have?

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My "tips" for you would be:
1. wear a quality diaper with high capacity
2.when you do wet it do it in short bursts a little at a time (don't release all at once)
3. don't worry about people noticing, they wont!
4.I wear my boxer briefs (correct use of the word brief) over my diaper for noise reduction, helps keep my diaper up and as a shield from my pants seam.

I just wore an Abena M4 to the movies and my wife did not know I was wearing until we got home and she felt me up. If she did not know what I had on under my pants, then no one else knew either. Wearing in public is no big deal really as long as you are discrete about it.

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I generally let enough out to take the edge away and have no leaks. But it takes practice at this "control". I have "let go" while flying, driving, sitting in a restaurant. If I still have to go bad enough I will go the bathroom and let the rest out but as I am almost finished I generally pull up my cotton trainers (already partially wet) and my plastic underpants and let the rest out in them. The pause between wettings allows the cotton material to wick the wetness out to the further dry areas so you do not puddle up and leak at the leg elastic.

I did try a CVS disposable the other day at night in my hotel room (to get some practice for an upcoming overseas flight / using disposables) and found it held alot but if I let it all go at once it overwhelmed the absorbant material and would leak out so I had to take my time letting go completely. I evetnually will buy a higher SAP product but want to experiment on the lesser brands now.

sissytammy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I agree with all the advice given. Know your diaper, always have a extra diapers with you, and if you dress correctly nobody will even know. If you need a change find a restroom with a lock if you need, I have changed in a stall many times, I don't find a problem with it except for the amount of space. If you are having trouble "letting go" find a bookstore or such where you can look occupied while standing still and just relax, it might take a few tries but it will happen if you just relax.

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I just wore an Abena M4 to the movies and my wife did not know I was wearing until we got home and she felt me up. If she did not know what I had on under my pants, then no one else knew either. Wearing in public is no big deal really as long as you are discrete about it.

I wear and wet all the time around my wife and she never knows unless I tell her... done right no one ever knows

Green

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well you have to mentally prepare yourself. In all honesty no one will notice you are wearing a diaper unless you outright say you are. I understand once your out and about in your diaper, you might feel a sense of paranoia but it is normal. Just take a deep breath and relax. It is all in your head. Do not make yourself stand out.

Second, wear clothing that will suppress the sound of the crinkle. Be aware of your environment and the ambient noises as well. If there is a moderate to high noise outside you can have a little leeway in what you wear. If you really want to make sure just wear thick jeans, undergarments, tuck in your shirt and wear a shirt over that and you'll be fine.

As for the smell, you can if you want, but sometimes what I do is I wear cologne to mask the smell just in case. You don't have to but it helps to give that extra sense of security. Mostly likely people won't notice the smell unless you do anything other than urinating in your diaper.

Other than that you should be save. Don't sweat it and enjoy your diaper, honestly though if someone does spot you it really doesn't matter. It is unlikely they will be able to I.D. you or even recognize you.

Diaper on my friends.

RetrieverPup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Even just wearing out and about without wetting would help you build up your confidence. I also think the best place for your first out of the house wetting is the movies.

I know that my first time I wet outside was at the theater. Made sure my diaper was on right, longer movie and had a bunch of water before I left and a large coke when I was there. Wet by the middle and then again on the way home. Thank god for nice thick Abenas lol

cupofcoffee12

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
A diaper with good capacity and knowing that capacity are a great combination! I have wet in public before many times too...i honestly do not mind it any more. The depends protection with tabs is actually a good diaper to use, but I find the only way to get the diaper to perform properly is to tape from bottom up, making sure it is even the whole time, and taping decently tight as well. (this means no blood-loss causing tape tightening, but not putting a sloppy joe to shame either...I find that the smalls hold about 5-6 heavy wettings maximum when taped right.)

cgh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
It's worth checking beforehand if you can 'multitask'. I know a few ABDLs and a common problem seems to be they can't tinkle and walk at the same time. If you suddenly stop dead in your tracks people might well wonder what you're doing (or failing that, walk into you!)...

Millbay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Private
Hi there
Since my last post here I can now wet in public without too much problem. We are all different however here is how I did it.

Learn to know the limit of the diaper in private.
Have confidence to let go.
The most difficult bit was to have trust in the diaper however I overcame this.
Practice letting go whilst walking as mentioned above it looks odd if you stop mid walk.
I wear polyurethane pants for added security.
Have a supply at hand when out for a change and rember hygiene is necessary.
Plan your route to find a place to change when out. In the UK the public convenience (PC) is an endangered species so keep an eye on the local press/council website to find out if the PC on the map is actually open. Some PC's are being sold off for other purposes to help fill council funding gaps. What I do is find shops/pubs/restaurants/attractions with Accessability Loos.

All the all the best.

Lick

Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Honestly, I have done it a couple times and the key is just act like you're not wearing them haha! No one is on the look out for padded booties. Just go for! No one will know and you can enjoy yourself! best of luck <3

Status
Not open for further replies.