Tips for stopping Leaks???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virtual_Gravity_27

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Edit: Also, I'm not a huge fan of plastic pants. Looking for anything else. Shouldn't a diaper just work??

I really, really, really want so bad to relax into the fetish like a baby, and not worry about leaks.

I currently use rearz safari, (I thought they were the best, right??), And tape them Real tight, especially around the legs. But even then, I pointed down too, While laying on my side in bed, I leaked out the top!!

Also, leaks seem to happen (when pointing down) out the back of the leg holes.

I want so bad just to pee and not worry.

Is there a better diaper than rearz safari? I love them so much.

I guess leaking out the top, I can just point down even more....But what about leaking around the back of the legs??

I can't tape the tapes any tighter!

Sounds like a too big diaper size for you. Try a smaller size in my opinion.

Are you over maxing out the absorbency? Or is it leaking 1st wetting?

side wetting is a challenge for any diaper, moreso for disposables. Sleep on your back if you can. Or at least roll onto your back to wet, wait a few minutes, then roll back onto your side. The large rear padding in a diaper is the overnight storage area for urine, send it there.

I use Rearz Inspire+ InControl which are just plain white Safari's. The trick with these seems to be not to put the bottom tapes too high, but not too low. After a bit you'll get used to the proper placement for the bottom tapes on them.

If you're getting the leaks out of the back of the leg holes it sound like you're either running too large of a diaper or you aren't pulling the bottom tapes as tightly as they should be.

Are you folding length wise after unfolding your diaper from the pack?

I get much better usage and extremely few leaks when I do that, makes it channel the length rather than flowing toward the sides.

You should also avoid floods, never found a diaper that is designed for that... trickle naturally as soon as you feel the need for enough time for liquid take up and locking away.

Are you hydrated enough? Seems to me the more hydrated you are the better the absorption... guessing less salts and other particles allowing The SAP to do its thing with water.

My main advice is practice practice practice. Contrary to popular belief, putting a diaper on so it functions correctly takes skill even if you have the right size diaper. What other people have said counts too but above all keep experimenting until you get it right. I used to have this problem until recently. For reference, here is an old thread of mine asking the same question:
http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthre...a-way-to-avoid-leaks-with-no-luck-Help-please

My other advice is once its on your body, make sure that you fold the edges of the bottom of the diaper so it makes a |_| shape A slight crease in the middle can happen depending on how you put your diapers on but that shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Last edited:
I protect my bed properly and use a kylie under my sheet. I wear nappies and plastic pants to bed and sometimes leaks happen but I don't worry about them.

if you want to continue side wetting in a disposable, try to get your best possible taping. Do the tops as tight as you can tolerate, and make sure they are low enough to pull the front tight where there is padding. The amount of unpadded plastic varies from diaper to diaper, some have several inches. I slept in a confidry 27 last night, they have a good 2.5" of unpadded plastic at the top, so you would end up with the top tapes very low on them.

As for the lower tapes, aim to pull the crotch elastic tight into the fold of your front pelvis. Where you put the tapes will vary depending on how that particular diaper fits you, but in general you are aiming the lower corner of the tape to be directed toward the elastic. If the diaper is a bit small on you, you probably won't reach the elastic, so just aim toward it so you are pulling the elastic directly toward the tape. If the diaper is a bit big on you, you might find the tape reaches or overlaps the plastic. In that case I usually aim to tape parallel to the elastic with the tape ABOVE the elastic. Again, attach the lowers as tightly as you can tolerate.

Remember that your diaper will change how it fits when you bend forward. If you're a side-sleeper that curls up a bit, that WILL make the front elastic go slack when you bend forward. Plan for this when taping up, maybe having to take a bit uncomfortably tight to get a snug fit when laying down and curling up.

Anytime you have to adjust your tapes in bed, try to remember to take a close look at them in the morning to see where you moved them to, so you can attach the tapes at that location next time to start with. It won't take long to find the best possible taping location.

Rearz, Bambino, or any other diaper which used a tape landing zone, has this inherent flaw. When properly sized, they absolutely will leak at the front and back of the legs. Like the others are saying, you have to use one size too small in order to get a snug fit. Unfortunately this also means it will be undersized. I get a lot of people like this, but like you've found, it isn't so great for functionality.

My recommendation would be to try a different diaper like confidry or northshore. In my opinion, Crinklz are even better, but they are also way more expensive.

This is upsetting a little to hear :(

I reallllly love my medium Rearz safari.

But yeah, I'm actually like a size 29-30 waist (skinny) and mediums are for....32"+

But I'm also wanting a diaper that comes up high past my belly button. These were great......

Has anyone tried doing this?:
Japanese "diaper origami" - Stuffer folding techniques

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABDL/comments/2nu9i2/japanese_diaper_origami_stuffer_folding_techniques/

Looks like this worked for a few people!

I just want to wear my diaper and be free to use it!

I'm so excited, I taught my gf to put them on really nice and tight and right, and she's so cool with everything, even tells me to "go ahead and pee sweetie" :)......

But I don't want to get pee on her or my bed!!

:( :(

That origami is new to me, though I do use a baby diaper stuffer for overnight.

Clearly Rearz doesn't work for you. You just need to try a different diaper. Confidry and Northshore are you best bets.

Slomo said:
That origami is new to me, though I do use a baby diaper stuffer for overnight.

Clearly Rearz doesn't work for you. You just need to try a different diaper. Confidry and Northshore are you best bets.

Don't forget about ABUniverse and Abena.

AnimeDude892 said:
Don't forget about ABUniverse and Abena.

ABUniverse is absolutely great, if not better than Rearz. You should consider it :D. Also, if the leaking occurs through the legs (although less adsorbent) try pull-ups or even cloth diapers!

You should never point up unless you are sitting for an extended period . Myself being in a wheelchair is perfect for pointing up , laying down or mixed activity should be done pointing down , or preferably with laying down use a cloth diaper.

I was in the exact same boat a while back. I'm about a 28' waist, and tend to sleep on my side whenever possible as well.

My best advice, and what cut back on leaks at least for me...is to simply change HOW you go through the night.

It sounds silly, but honestly if you try and NOT hold it, and just kind of pee the moment you feel like you might need to--in tiny amounts, but very often all through the night--I can almost promise you won't have too worry about leaks. Any diaper runs the risk of springing a leak when there's a torrent that it simply can't handle in a small space of time. Just try and go in a natural, sort of baby-like way. If you're wearing a Rearz, it will be fine.

Reactions: Fleetwoodmac32192
LennyFace said:
ABUniverse is absolutely great, if not better than Rearz. You should consider it :D. Also, if the leaking occurs through the legs (although less adsorbent) try pull-ups or even cloth diapers!

I've tried the Space, LittlePawz, Cloth backed Preschool and Simple and holy shit these diapers are awesome. :D

how wet is the offending diaper? is it leaking between your legs or top of you shirt and crotch? Also are you pointed up or down? forgive me for this last one if you don't feel comfortable answering... is it at all erect? These all can have an impact on leaking even on the best diapers, especially if you don't have a perfect tape job or fit (fun fact these last two can make a horrible diaper work better for you then an awesome diaper thats too big or too small.

If you are going to be on your side, you need stuffers on the sides. There's no padding and it takes just a little too long for the liquid to be absorbed so it runs to the side or top and out. No amount of taping skill will stop that. I use the Northshore large boosters, one on each side, meeting in the front middle. You could probably go a size down on those since I would call you skinny. For me, the larges make the front padding meet the back padding, or nearly so. I sleep on my side and rarely have a problem, but if I do wake up, I'll roll to my back to pee. I also put a 2xl booster down the center. I wish someone would make a diaper that had all that built in, but no. My favorite right now is the Rearz black diapers, which are the same as Inspire+ I think? Using the same stuffers on ABU Space/Simple/etc I get leaks around the left leg, but not until the diaper weighs at least 5 pounds. It takes 7 or 8 pounds 90% of the time to get the Rearz to leak.

Have you measured how many ounces would be normal for you? It's only 8 for me, and at 12 my bladder is ready to burst. Even then, I try not to 'flood' even though mine are more like flash floods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back