Tips for leaks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
So ya, I was just wondering what ideas people had on ways to minimize leaks. I mean, plastic pants seem to work pretty good over a diaper, but what else does anyone else think? I mean you can pee slowly and all when awake and stuff, but what about when you're asleep? I roll around a lot so I can end up with my head hanging off the bed for all I know by morning. ;):D (this is what my friends tell me apparently) When I was little I really didn't have to worry about flooding things or leaking, I really didn't pee that fast, that much. And if anyone remembers from the old forum they'll know why I'm asking this now...but I don't really care now, **shrug**. Anyway, so leaks weren't as big a deal to avoid back then but any ideas for now would be great. :)

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Thicker diapers, doublers, or double up.
What he said. You could also wear regular briefs/boxers/boxer briefs over the diaper. For a while, they'll help to absorb any leaks that might develop, But in the end, you can't beat plastic pants.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
What kind of leaks are they? There's two different kinds of leaks:

(1) The maximum capacity of your diaper has been exceeded, but you keep on wetting it, so the pee that cannot be absorbed just leaks out. Solution: Better diapers, stuffers, or get a larger diaper size (=more absorbent material)

(2) Your boy parts are located in positions where there is either not a lot of absorbent material or where good ole gravity causes the pee to flow through the top of the sides of your diaper even though there's plenty of unused absorbent material left. The solution to this is more difficult: Make sure your diaper has a snug fit (even if you have red lines on your legs in the morning), get a larger diaper (covers a bigger area), wear tight underwear that keeps the diaper snug, add stuffers to the front of your diaper to keep your male parts down, or release sexual tension before going to bed.

That's my 0.02 EUR!

Peachy

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Is there a coin for that amount over there in Europe? We don't have 2 cent coins here.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Is there a coin for that amount over there in Europe? We don't have 2 cent coins here.
Yep, sure is. The Euro system uses a very simple and repetitive system:

Coins of 1,2,5,10,20,50 cents and 1 & 2 Euros
Bills of 5,10,20,50,100,200 and 500 Euros

Peachy

Starchild

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Yep, sure is. The Euro system uses a very simple and repetitive system:

Coins of 1,2,5,10,20,50 cents and 1 & 2 Euros
Bills of 5,10,20,50,100,200 and 500 Euros

Peachy
same as our lovely UK money we have 1 2 5 10 20 and 50 pence and 1 and 2 pound coins (pounds are 100 pence) i think we have the same system with the notes as well, although ive never seen a 100,200 or 500 pound note and even 50s are not seen to often!

Oh, and back to the original question, its already been answered but heres my 15p worth! Ide reccomend booster pads, use can use baby nappies with holes cut in the waterproof cover, i use Boots (a chain of pharmacys in the UK) nappy booster pads, they are like a disposable nappy but no elastic, tapes or plastic cover, just a pad surrounded by the inner liner material of a nappy, the stuff that lets pee into the pad.
I hardly use them though cos my Tena can cope fine without them!
Very rarely i do get leaks at night, in runs out the top of my nappy even though mr winkie is pointed down, its horrible to feel the warm wetness suddenly trickling along the top of my thigh and then out through the top/side part of my nappy

Last edited by a moderator:

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
lol, gotta love america 1,5,10,25,50,100
paper= 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,500,1000

anyway, if it is your male parts, make sure teh captian is facing down when u diaper up for the night, sounds like a flooding problem to me from the way you worded it, so...umm... change more or wear more.

funny shaped butt? bigger diapers over the smaller one are the only way

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
What kind of leaks are they? There's two different kinds of leaks:

(1) The maximum capacity of your diaper has been exceeded, but you keep on wetting it, so the pee that cannot be absorbed just leaks out. Solution: Better diapers, stuffers, or get a larger diaper size (=more absorbent material)

(2) Your boy parts are located in positions where there is either not a lot of absorbent material or where good ole gravity causes the pee to flow through the top of the sides of your diaper even though there's plenty of unused absorbent material left. The solution to this is more difficult: Make sure your diaper has a snug fit (even if you have red lines on your legs in the morning), get a larger diaper (covers a bigger area), wear tight underwear that keeps the diaper snug, add stuffers to the front of your diaper to keep your male parts down, or release sexual tension before going to bed.

That's my 0.02 EUR!

Peachy
Actually...my problem is leaks at the legs...it's just like it doesn't absorb fast enough or something...I tried the bigger ones and they generally help, but on your side, you're really up pee creak. :rolleyes:

Peachy

Banned
Role
same as our lovely UK money [...]although ive never seen a 100,200 or 500 pound note
100, 200 and 500 pounds Sterling notes do not exist, and from what I gather, never have.

lol, gotta love america 1,5,10,25,50,100
paper= 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,500,1000
Don't forget the $5,000, $10,000 and $100,000 bills, although the $100,000 bill is illegal to own for private people (you can see one on display at the currency museum of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta). The $5,000 and $10,000 bills are still legal tender...I wonder what the cashier of a random store will think when you turn up with one. :D

Actually...my problem is leaks at the legs...it's just like it doesn't absorb fast enough or something...I tried the bigger ones and they generally help, but on your side, you're really up pee creak. :rolleyes:
Back on topic: I think your diapers don't have a snug fit. Try a different brand, or a different way of diapering yourself. Also, if you wet consciously (i.e. wake up, wet, go back to sleep), make sure you roll on your back before letting go, especially if you're peeing an ocean and a half! If you wet unconsciously, I can't think of a way to help it really.

Peachy

kitsiulla

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, , Other, Private
sleeping on your side is the best way to leak. you might try these tho.
1) when you pull the diaper up from the front you will see a curve. that part should lay down on top of the thigh just below the waist. hard to explaine. then before you tape stretch out your leg up and over and try to get your other hand to tuck in the edge where it touches the inside of the leg. then as you pull the tape over have your knee bent just a little as you tape. this makes a real tight fit around the back of the leg if you do it right so when you lay on your side you can feel it hug really good. the catch is after a bit it will kind of stretch loose. you need to then retape it and take up that slack. you can sleep all nite on your side a lot better then.

2) use like packing tape and tape from the bottom outside of the cheek and up and over across the diaper tapes. this is another place it can leak a lot if you are on your side. once the cheek is taped over then another piece to seal over the flap helps a lot!

when sleeping at nite i do both of these and i hardly ever have a problem with a leak unless it got to full and leak out the top waist. hope this helps :)

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Back on topic: I think your diapers don't have a snug fit. Try a different brand, or a different way of diapering yourself. Also, if you wet consciously (i.e. wake up, wet, go back to sleep), make sure you roll on your back before letting go, especially if you're peeing an ocean and a half! If you wet unconsciously, I can't think of a way to help it really.
Well I guess the rolling is really what the problem is...I roll in my sleep and don't realize I'm on my side until my PJs are wet too, a little bit after. :eek: Snug fit, maybe...but how do you find a happy medium without chaffing?

sleeping on your side is the best way to leak. you might try these tho.
1) when you pull the diaper up from the front you will see a curve. that part should lay down on top of the thigh just below the waist. hard to explaine. then before you tape stretch out your leg up and over and try to get your other hand to tuck in the edge where it touches the inside of the leg. then as you pull the tape over have your knee bent just a little as you tape. this makes a real tight fit around the back of the leg if you do it right so when you lay on your side you can feel it hug really good. the catch is after a bit it will kind of stretch loose. you need to then retape it and take up that slack. you can sleep all nite on your side a lot better then.

2) use like packing tape and tape from the bottom outside of the cheek and up and over across the diaper tapes. this is another place it can leak a lot if you are on your side. once the cheek is taped over then another piece to seal over the flap helps a lot!

when sleeping at nite i do both of these and i hardly ever have a problem with a leak unless it got to full and leak out the top waist. hope this helps :)
Yeah I know it is...I start out sleeping on my back or my stomach. Now as for what you said in #1, did you mean to pull my leg back so I can make it tighter around it? I'm sure it would be fine otherwise and wouldn't actually stretch, but I blew a tape from my abris from trying to get it too tight. For #2 did you mean where the flaps attach to tape them together, like reinforce them or something? :confused:

kitsiulla

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, , Other, Private
#1, did you mean to pull my leg back so I can make it tighter around it? I'm sure it would be fine otherwise and wouldn't actually stretch, but I blew a tape from my abris from trying to get it too tight. For #2 did you mean where the flaps attach to tape them together, like reinforce them or something? :confused:
#1 try not haveing your leg flat on the floor and for nite time dont put it on standing up. if you have your knee bent some then after you tape it and lay your leg down you should feel it pretty tight on the back of your leg. more than if you put it on with your leg flat.

#2 yes. you basicly tape over the tapes and the open seam part so it can't leak between the tapes. when i tape the legs i go from the bottom cheek and kind of bend it up and over the leg to the front so it ends up over the tapes and just past where the diaper tapes stop. then i go back and put the packing tape behind the tapes again and pull forward so it titens the diaper and covers over the gap in the middle. it's not pretty for play but it works for dry sheets :)

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Lots of people said:
Currency stuff
¢1, ¢5, ¢10, ¢25, ¢50, $1, $2 coins;
$5, $10, $20, $50, $100 bills here... Never seen anything higher than 100 but there might be X3

Peachy

Banned
Role
¢1, ¢5, ¢10, ¢25, ¢50, $1, $2 coins;
$5, $10, $20, $50, $100 bills here... Never seen anything higher than 100 but there might be X3
Yes, there were $1,000 bills iN CAnada, up to the 1986 series of bills (the ones with birds on the back).
Information can be found on the Bank of Canada-website.

How many diapers could you buy with a $1,000 bill though? :D

Peachy

Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Well, no matter how much you pee, this has always worked on my little bro at night;

- doublers. Disposable or not, you need extra cloth in there, and not just a square right at your willy; it should cover your front and go down between the legs, too. Then diaper normally.

- You say you have trouble at the legs; always put on your diaper (if disposable) with very clean hands, and then jump around for a bit. Walk, crawl, do deep knee bends, whatever. Then RE-DO the tapes, doing the bottom one last and tightest. This works out the flex from the diapers. It really helps!

- Finally, use a pair of bike shorts over top. This helps hold everything tight.

Hope that helps!

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little,
Leaky Diapers are awesome :) :)

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Hmm, I'll try these. But one other thing - where do you get doublers? I haven't seen any in places around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.