Tips for getting a diaper nice and even?

LilxFawn

💖🧸🍼Daddy’s precious little prince🍼🧸💖
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had tips for how to get a diaper nice and even when you put it on. I’ve seen lots of pictures where people’s diapers look immaculate and fit perfectly. The last diapers I tried were too big and thus didn’t fit right. They bunched up a lot and we’re super loose on my waist no matter how tight I taped it, which really irritated me. Ironically, whenever I diaper my stuffies, their diapers are always neat, smooth, and perfect. But god when I try to diaper myself it’s a hot mess!!! Anyone have any tips? Or will a perfect crisp diapering just come with practice? I’ve diapered many babies, so it isn’t that I don’t know how to put on a diaper, I just can’t seem to put them on myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrGnome
My trick and its 50/50 of looking good and I know what you mean. Correct diaper size. Fluff and fold then place on floor. Adjust without tapes to get it aligned where you want it. Tape both lower tapes. Now stand up and rest against something to hold diaper up. Suck in the belly and tape the top. Hide the plastic that always hangs at the legs. Sometimes people fold over the top into the diaper

Reactions: LilxFawn
singletlover said:
My trick and its 50/50 of looking good and I know what you mean. Correct diaper size. Fluff and fold then place on floor. Adjust without tapes to get it aligned where you want it. Tape both lower tapes. Now stand up and rest against something to hold diaper up. Suck in the belly and tape the top. Hide the plastic that always hangs at the legs. Sometimes people fold over the top into the diaper
Thank you, I really appreciate the help. I tried taping the one side first and then the other, which I think is where I messed up tbh

It takes lots of practice and lots of diapers. Keep at it, you'll find the right look and feel! 🤗

BobbiSueEllen said:
It takes lots of practice and lots of diapers. Keep at it, you'll find the right look and feel! 🤗
I wish they made abdl pull ups, it’s hard for me to diapers myself especially because my hips and knees hurt from my celiacs. Though it’s my fault for eating too much gluten let’s be honest lol

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Getting snug in the waist is vital. The good thing is that today's diaper tapes can be refastened to readjust for fit and feel...back in my Pampers days, I only had one shot to get it right because whether duct tape or Pampers tapes, pulling off meant tearing the diaper. ¡No bueno! 😲

Not sure if you like your diaper snug or baggy below the waist but that can be adjusted by how high or low on the front of your diaper you stick your tapes. Good luck! 👍

• Wow
I roughly know where on the diaper to line up the first tape. So normally I tape the top on one side tape the top on the other side than tape the bottom tapes.

If it is not lined up I will move the tapes this of course can be tricky if it is a diaper with no landing zone. I don't move the tapes on those because you cant so I am extra careful to line them up right the first time.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
BobbiSueEllen said:
Getting snug in the waist is vital. The good thing is that today's diaper tapes can be refastened to readjust for fit and feel...back in my Pampers days, I only had one shot to get it right because whether duct tape or Pampers tapes, pulling off meant tearing the diaper. ¡No bueno! 😲

Not sure if you like your diaper snug or baggy below the waist but that can be adjusted by how high or low on the front of your diaper you stick your tapes. Good luck! 👍
Thank god for re-fastenable tapes lol. I just need to get the hang of taping and I think I’ll be fine. Bottom tapes first, tuck the wings more, then top tapes! I think lol

I always put my diaper on when laying on the bed. I normally get it on pretty well even every time.

I assume you've already read the primer threads, correct? Lots of youtube videos out there too for diapering ones self.

Once you do get a good fit, make sure to memorize where the tapes ended up at. Use landmarks, folds, padding below, and prints to help with that. So next time you go to diaper up, just put the tapes in the exact same spot. No worrying about placement of fit, it will happen automatically.

Slomo said:
I assume you've already read the primer threads, correct? Lots of youtube videos out there too for diapering ones self.

Once you do get a good fit, make sure to memorize where the tapes ended up at. Use landmarks, folds, padding below, and prints to help with that. So next time you go to diaper up, just put the tapes in the exact same spot. No worrying about placement of fit, it will happen automatically.
Yeah, I did read the how to diaper yourself thread. We’ll see how I do with diapers that /actually/ fit me. Hopefully it goes better.

I find familiarity with a specific Model of Diaper in the right size helps quite a lot

I also re-adjust my tapes to try to get the perfect fit; which you could do even with Sticky Tapes

The only thing with Sticky Tapes is you have limited times you can re-adjust and Cream and Powder will make them not stick all that well (if at all); so If i need to i will wash my hands before i touch the Tapes so they stay Dry and Sticky

I also use Visual imagery, for example the blue wavy lines with the Dashes in the middle of them, on an ABUniverse Little Pawz (to the sides of the middle of the Diaper) is my indication of where I want to have my top tapes, whereas I put the bottom tapes a little further out (maybe 2 inches at the most)

Lastly I try to make sure any excess material isnt folded or bunched up as that can get uncomfortable and I check to make sure it feels snug but not overly tight

and occasionally I have to adjust my top tapes back a touch for comfort if I happened to put them too tight the first time (as sometimes it's not immediately apparent I put them on too tight until later on)

It's really tricky at first, but eventually you figure things out and it gets easier and easier

Last edited:
Reactions: LilxFawn and BobbiSueEllen
Back