Tips for dry bed wet nappie

Tenawearer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thursday night I have the bed to myself so I can sleep in a nappy, active fit extra. Any tips to make sure the bed stays dry apart from binbag and towel? Probably ok without but sometimes lying down I can leak at the back.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Pee little and often, don't flood it all at once, pee lying on your back or front, not on your side.
If you're frequently leaking over the back waistband try angling the top tapes down a bit.

Reactions: Tenawearer

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
When I do wear it’s often overnight in bed. My for night time my nappy of choice is a Tena Active Fit Ultima, and I find these are usually perfect to last throughout the night, but to be extra sure I usually wear plastic pants too as a precaution.

I also take steps to protect my bed. Even in the days before I started wearing nappies again I have used a mattress protector, it has a soft and comfortable top layer but a waterproof layer beneath and I have always thought that mattress protection is a good idea as it is so much more hygienic as even with a dry bed they can be removed and washed keeping the mattress clean. In addition, on nights when I’m going to wet I have a double-bed size tuck-in waterproof bed pad under the top sheet - it’s virtually unnoticeable but gives the reassurance of extra protection.

As I am a DL and not incontinent I wet deliberately and it’s a good idea to wet slowly to allow the nappy to absorb the wetness, lying on my back is best as it tends to utilise the capacity to the maximum.

Enjoy Thursday night!

Last edited:
Reactions: Tenawearer

Tenawearer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Thanks for the advice. I have also just ordered plastic pants for heavy ic so I will certainly use them. Once my supply of extras is finished I may well consider the ultima. There is always a mattress protector on the bed but my partner would be surprised with a matress cover in the wash only after two nights.

Reactions: DLmikey

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Don't flood them !! Maybe sleep on a wet pad?

CherryPie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I often leaked in bed but ever since I’ve started taping the tapes the correct way (top tapes pointing down, bottom tapes pointing up) I’ve not had any leaks so far.

Reactions: thedlguy

Tenawearer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Rita said:
Don't flood them !! Maybe sleep on a wet pad?
Thanks, if I can openly wear then that is a good option.

Tenawearer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
CherryPie said:
I often leaked in bed but ever since I’ve started taping the tapes the correct way (top tapes pointing down, bottom tapes pointing up) I’ve not had any leaks so far.
Thank you, will make sure I do.