Tips for a semi – newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCadvan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey all,

To All those Who have read my introduction, I hope you find the pun in the title interesting. Anyway I have a question for those who have worn 24/7 for a while.

By all means I'm not new to my diaper wearing, but I have not had the opportunity or the courage to wear for a full day before. I obviously you want to go about this a healthy way, I need some tips and tricks for constantly wearing a diaper. What supplies do I need? I have already gone to Walmart to buy wipes and powder. Am I missing anything?

All the help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

-Cheers-

Written in Phoenix AZ -PT-

I would recommend buying not only powder and wipes, which you have already done, but also buying some diaper rash cream, and baby oil. Both of which can help you prevent rashes. If you are planning on wearing for prolonged periods without changes such as at night I would apply a generous amount of baby oil and rub it in well. (Johnson & Johnson makes a gell version which is FANTASTIC) Next I would apply a thin layer of diaper rash cream speciffically in the area right where the legs connect to the abdomen. The creases (even in thinner) people tend to easily trap moisture and ammonia. Lastly I would apply the baby powder, and diaper. Overall just have fun and enjoy yourself, diapers are fun!

Just to add that you shouldn't go mad with the powder as you end up with a cake in your diaper.

Yeah too much powder can be pretty bad, last thing you want is for a plume of white powder coming out your pants every time you sit down. Even if you ar alone, truct me it can be a pain to clean it all up!

OKDB said:
Yeah too much powder can be pretty bad, last thing you want is for a plume of white powder coming out your pants every time you sit down. Even if you ar alone, truct me it can be a pain to clean it all up!

I use a lot of powder before bed, and yeah... slooowly lay down, otherwise, WHITE CLOUD!

You don't really need powder or barrier cream, and I suspect a lot of people tend to overdo it with both of those things. The real key is to not sit in the same *wet* diaper (dry doesn't count) for too long. The maximum time will vary person to person, but I'd say 8 hours is pushing it. It's also important that you clean well between changes (wipes ok, quick shower/rinse-off is better). Basically you're trying to minimize the time that your skin is in contact with ammonia.

These are great tips I didn't start using barrier ointments until a year ago mainly stuck with just lightly powdering inside the diaper and diaper area was all I needed . But then I had a case of diaper rash and started to look at barrier ointment (desitin) works great I recommend the purple tube or jar .

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mmmm I like cake

I have to wear 24/7 due to IC, and I don't use powder or creams of any sort (unless I get a rash), but I find that if you wear premium diapers (ConfiDry 24/7, Abena M4, etc) and change whenever you feel wet, you'll be fine. The premium diapers allow you to only need 3 changes or so a day, as opposed to 6-9 changes using store-bought ones.

If you enjoy the powder and creams, then definitely include them, but they're not necessary from a health perspective.

With using these creams and powders: note that you need to clean your hands thoroughly after using these products and before taping your diaper. If you get any of these products on the tapes, the tapes will either not hold at all or not hold as well.

All great tips! Another thing you may need are plastic pants-they cut down on smell, noise, and leaks. Dont forget the adult diaper app!

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6742 using Tapatalk

I wear Mylesta Nylon waterproof pants over my nappies.

Agree with all the previous comments. Also, drink plenty of water! It can be tempting to cut back on fluids to avoid having to change too much, but it is healthier for you to sit in a wet diaper if you are well-hydrated as your pee will contain less ammonia and will also smell less.

BabyDenise said:
With using these creams and powders: note that you need to clean your hands thoroughly after using these products and before taping your diaper. If you get any of these products on the tapes, the tapes will either not hold at all or not hold as well.

And not just the tapes. Its easy for lotion on your hands to transfer to the front panel where the tapes need to stick down. Get lotion on the front panel and it's all over. If you're going to use lotion, apply it then wash your hands off, get off all the lotion, before working the tapes. Or be very careful with your hands until you get the tapes down. Powder on the front panel can also be a problem, though usually to a lesser degree.

I'll also say that I don't use powder or anything often at all. I wear for extended periods of time in the same diaper. Your skin will react in its own way. I have tough skin and hardly develop rashes. I've worn for a week straight and I've never really had any problems and haven't used anything to aid in that regard.

The only way to know for sure is to test it yourself.

Now seeing that I've never worn 24/7... Would it be a smart idea to just wear during the day for the first few days or can I jump into wearing during the day and night?

Written in Las Vegas NV -PT-

Last edited:
Just go for it....you'll experience a whole array of feelings and emotions! The only way to know whether or not you'll like wearing 24/7 and whether or not you'll get diaper rash is by going for it! I HAD to go 24/7 because though I've always been only a bedwetter, I began having accidents during the day. Now I'm also fecal incontinent which is a pain in the...

BabelBilly said:
Just go for it....you'll experience a whole array of feelings and emotions! The only way to know whether or not you'll like wearing 24/7 and whether or not you'll get diaper rash is by going for it! I HAD to go 24/7 because though I've always been only a bedwetter, I began having accidents during the day. Now I'm also fecal incontinent which is a pain in the...

That stinks to hear (pun intended), I guess I'll keep you guys updated.

I guess my biggest issue will be getting rid of the excitement down below. It can make it an issue to wear sometimes... I like to end the association of diapers and being excited (even horny) If anyone has tips to help with that it would be appreciated as well!

Written in Las Vegas NV -PT-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back