Tips? (buying)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Don't act nervous. Act like buying diapers is normal.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
If you can get to one, try a medical supply store:
- They won't look twice at you buying diapers - they specialize in that sort of thing!
- Less chance of running into someone you know
- Better brands, and usually more selection

If can't get to a med supply store, then just act natural, *don't* just grab the first package you see and hurry to the register. Take a minute to make sure you got the right ones. It would suck to go through all that, get home and find you bought the wrong kind or size. When I bought from the regular stores, I would always drive/bus to one in the other end of the city...just to be safe.

And Ranger, I thought buying diapers *was* normal :p

Role
Private
The person behind the counter does not care what you are buying.

They just want to finish their shift with as little hassle as possible and go home. So they may think something of it, but they definitely won't say anything and will probably forget 10 minutes later.

Equus

Banned
Role
Private
Heh, I haven't bought any yet but when I do it's going to be online with a money order or paypal. No need to worry about the lady at the checkout eyeballing ya, cause the checkout lady is DIGITAL!

But yeah like everyone else has said just act calm, they don't care and why should they? :D

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Lukie and Andysetra are right. But for your first time go with Andysetra's idea. (I myself recommended this loudly and at length on the old forums. Take my word for it.) The staff are used to embarrassed people and will treat you with discretion and sympathy. They will also sell you sample packs from open stock. They won't ask prying questions (though they may thrust paperwork at you if you claim it is to do with something medical; some countries/employers have plans to cover chronic medical conditions that people don't know about; med supply shops love to be your supplier and be repaid by those plans.) Plus they carry

^.^

Triangle

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,

If can't get to a med supply store, then just act natural, *don't* just grab the first package you see and hurry to the register. Take a minute to make sure you got the right ones. It would suck to go through all that, get home and find you bought the wrong kind or size.
Go me. XD I once got home from buying to find I had picked up the smallest size there was. Baby ones by the way, because all the medical stores I know are in busy shopping centres. =\

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think if you just want a pack of diapers and you don't care about the name on the package, go to walmart and go thru the self checkout line.

If your buying baby diapers, go to the baby department, but the other diapers are in the drug store section, the Assurance diapers aren't that bad for a cheap diaper, and when you find the size you want tear a little hole in the pack your taking, alot of those assurance diapers are plastic backed, you will be able to feel the plastic.

I think most older folks wear large, I myself wear a medium, and the last few times I got diapers at walmart they were plastic backed, also why you are there pick up a pack of Tena guards, and look at the side of the pack and get the most absorbant ones, they come in packs of 72, 48, and a smaller pack, poke some holes in the back of those and put them in the diaper, near the front, don't put them back too far because when you sit it will flood the diaper with the urine squeezing out.

Good Luck, and get some diapers and enjoy yourself already....

F

FullMetal

thank you, getting them this thursday if my nerves are willing enough
You just have to do it really fast and not think about it too much, if you over think while you are buying them you will get too scared and choke up. Just think of how good you will feel afterwards, its the greatest feeling, and if you can do selfcheck out, do it :) good luck.

FullMetal

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
The only people that will most likely care are people you know, or other *B/DLs.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
To tell you guys the truth, I think I'm more addicted to buying the diapers more than I am the actual diapers. Call me stupid, but I love the rush you get. Then again, I'm an adrenaline junkie.

My tip: JUST DO IT

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
The only people that will most likely care are people you know, or other *B/DLs.
Good point sir! With this in mind if you go to an actual store to buy them try to go to one out of your normal town to purchase them to lessen the chance of running into someone you know with a pack of diapers in your hands! :eek:
If you do no have the transportation for this then walk around the whole store once or twice to check every isle to see if anyone you know is there, then while you have that window of opprotunity get them quickly and leave, before someone you know does come in.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
1. Don't go running around the store a few days before in a shopping cart
2. Be calm
3. bring money and a book bag
4. Go during work/school hours(not suggested)
5. Go when parents are not going to a store
6. dont go with friends
7. bring your MP3/ IPOd
8. don't use parents credit cards
9.intercept them if ordering
10. And for the love of god don't scream I have a bomb in this backpack.

moocow

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have basically done a mixture of what everybody has mentioned. I bought at a store that was near my aunt who lives 30 minutes away. I have also bought at a store near my dads work. (though that was probably not the best idea as him and I look really alike (but theres nothing near his work so i guess it wasn't the stupidest thing ever), then I have bought near my house, different school district, but at like 11 at night. (Risky, but I was the only one in the store, next to the cashier who was doing photos) And I wasn't feeling well and I looked horrible so I was also trying to play it off.

So, I have bought away, and bought late at night. Do what you feel is right.

Flanders

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
If going to a small store:
1. go at a time when it will not be crowded.
2. walk through the store tomake sure that their is nobody their that you know.
3. Go to the card section of the store and look at different cards and select a funny card.
4. walk up and down certain isles as if you are looking for a quick gift.
5. Ask an enployee if the know if they have anything that would make a good gag gift and tell them you are sort of in a hurry. (this will help you from not felling as suspcious.)
6. When they say no, go through all the isles sort of fast untill you get to the diaper section.
7. Get the diapers sort of quickly but smoothly
8. Take diapers to counter and purchase with funny card (if extra nervous also a gift bag) (if at the store at a slow time at night the cashier may be the same person who you asked earlier, and they will not be suspcious.)
9. make sure to through away the recipt.

This to help the first time byer; and is based off of what i did my first time. I hope it helps; and it is not really that big of a deal.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
And I wasn't feeling well and I looked horrible so I was also trying to play it off.
Haha wow, that cashier defiantly assumed they for you, if you really looked "sick." She/he assumed you probably assumed you had some major problems in the back, I could not go in to a store not looking or feeling good, I do not have that big of balls! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.