Tips, Advice for hiding private data on my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I want to hide private data on my computer, in a password protected place. any Shareware/Freeware, encrypted container that i don't have to unencrypt to use??? I am looking for software that I can password protect my folders with. I tried the invisible folder thing and I got to at least move it out of My Documents.
Any Advice???

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Betagame, have you looked at the wiki about this?
Yes, and it didn't say anything about password protecting folders.
And Yes, It did say about TrueCrypt Encrypted Container, but I don't want that.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Yes, and it didn't say anything about password protecting folders.
And Yes, It did say about TrueCrypt Encrypted Container, but I don't want that.
'key dok'. :)

Now you've said it so it won't be brought up again.

Well.. As far as I know, you'd have to use a program to add a password function to the files. Maybe not TrueCrypt, but something else.

Role
Other
Why not just pick up a thumb drive and store everything there, then you don't have to worry about anyone hacking your password.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
This may not be efficiant, but I just email all my files to myself in a ziped folder, then download them when I need or want them. It works for me.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
I usually upload my files to the internet and delete them off my comp.

I use G.ho.st to so this

Last edited:

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
DESlock+ works for me... The secure folders are hidden, until you run DESlock+ and enter your password, then the folders magically appear and the files are unencrypted on the fly when you try to open them.

DiaperForEver

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I use an external drive that uses your fingerprint to allow you access to the drive's contents. If you can find one, be sure to set it up with several prints. Had a bad experience with a cut on the pad of my finger not letting me in until it had healed.

Role
Private
I use an external drive that uses your fingerprint to allow you access to the drive's contents. If you can find one, be sure to set it up with several prints. Had a bad experience with a cut on the pad of my finger not letting me in until it had healed.
The low-tech (cheap) fingerprint scanners can be easily fooled by a latent print and facemask goo. More sophisticated methods (Morimoto et. al?) include a photolithography step.

Yeah, that was one of the fun things I did as a demo a couple years ago.

DiaperForEver

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I know that it would have been easy to hack into, but with it being on an external, they first had to find it(yeah for ventilation duct work). It was just a little added security, and the people around me at the time didn't have the know how in order to fool it, and they did try right after I got it(hence the duct work).

Spiro910

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't store anything compromising in my hard drive. :p
I do use a 2gb MicroSD card that's only readable by a computer that has a slot or a usb/phone with a slot

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Vista ultimate has encrypting facilities or you could just password protect some folders.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
The low-tech (cheap) fingerprint scanners can be easily fooled by a latent print and facemask goo. More sophisticated methods (Morimoto et. al?) include a photolithography step.

Yeah, that was one of the fun things I did as a demo a couple years ago.
Haha so can costly ones. You have to know what to get.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Since taking your finger print, lifting it and superimposing it and printing it won't fool it and its 100% unhackable like nearly every computer device in the world.

Really, just get a regular one and keep it on your keychain. Problem solved.

Hendrix

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
a simple way. Downlad winrar, put everything you want to keep safe into a rar file you dont need to upload it anywhere as you can pass protect rar files.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Other
Just use 7zip, archive the file, enter a password, and also select "Encrypt File Names". That should be plenty of security for you, since it'd take a bruteforce attack to get into it now... Another wise idea would be to also store this file on either an external device witha hidden partition (Ideally), or just lan external device such as a flash drive, but at worst either put it on an hidden and maybe unmounted partition on your hard drive, or just hide it really good. Also, I have advice on deleting the original files.
Use a program called File Shredder to completely delete the files that aren't zipped. Don't just send to the recycle bin, then empty, these can easily be recovered. File shredder should get rid of the files plenty secure enough for you. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.