Tips about pacifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Recently, I´m more in the ab lifestyle and I was using my paci more times. Because of this, I have two questions:

1- Sometimes, after use my paci, my teeth hurts a bit. I heard taht it is because I use a Nuk 3. For people that have a Nuk 5... Is it, trully, better than Nuk 3? because?
If yes, where would the best place to buy it from Spain?

2- Im´looking for tips to develop a real oral fixation that make me need the pacifier all day. Have you?

Sorry for my bad english.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
1. Yes, in my opinion a nuk 5 is better. I think your best bet to get one would be ebay.

2. My suggestion, just use your pacifier a lot, and eventually you would develop a fixation I would think, not sure though.

Scratchpaws

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
1) I've had jaw aches myself too. It only lasts a little bit and eventually goes away completely. I think your mouth just needs to get used to it a bit. If thats not the case, try a bigger pacifier. I also highly recommend NUK 5's :eek:riginal:

2) After prolonged usage of a pacifier you start to redevelop your sucking reflex. Its basically just that you automatically start sucking whenever you put a nipply object like a pacifier or bottle in your mouth, from when you were a baby. It's not like you *need* the pacifier, but I can tell you if you do it long enough you may develop a dependency for it. :unsure:
And yeah, I have it too. Put a pacifier in my mouth when I'm asleep and I'll start to suckle away happily :baby:

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
1) I've found my Nuk 5 to be more comfortable than the Nuk 3's I used to use simply because they stay in my mouth better. I used to have to suck fairly hard on Nuk 3's just so they wouldn't fall out, and they did hurt my teeth more than the Nuk 5 does. If I sleep through the night with a Nuk 5 in my mouth (could never do that with the 3's), though, my front teeth will ache a bit in the morning. I haven't noticed any permanent movement of my teeth, however.

2) Not sure I'd want a paci all day... That said, I have developed a sort of urge to suck on a pacifier when I am unusually stressed out; never had that urge before I started using a paci regularly. I also get the urge when I am rather inebriated and I have fallen asleep on friends couches sucking my thumb before... :eek: I must conclude that this is urge due to pacifier use in my teen/adult years, because I was never a pacifier-user as an infant (parents wouldn't allow it) and didn't suck my thumb as a child, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.