Tipping Point - Is is possible that wearing diapers could become popular with society in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Well, I hope the title got your attention.

:confused: I'm not trying to think too scientifically, or dive too deep in psychology, but I was pondering the whole diaper interest thing and had the question, "Is it possible that there are factors that could be powerful enough to create a change in thought --where wearing diapers actually became a popular trend?"

There have been many other things (clothing, hairstyles, certain behavior, etc.), that were once looked down upon by society, but eventually became very popular. This was due to certain things building up to a "tipping point", where the product, activity, behavior, etc. became an acceptable norm.

Some examples include the influence of celebrities wearing a certain style, brand, or product that became popular with certain fans, and then spread to other celebrities or highly idolized individuals, and had a snowball effect. Eventually, more and more people decided to follow suit. This caused sales to jump "over the edge" and become a huge selling item. There are a number of highly successful businesses that owe their fortunes to this type of change. The actual movement may have been entirely accidental, but something caused a reaction sufficient to change popular thought.

Other examples include clothing and shoes that became hugely popular (seemingly almost overnight) because of how comfortable they are and/or the real or imagined way they make people feel by wearing them.

There are also other behaviors that were once taboo, that when famous people were seen behaving in that way, it became a trend. There are actually a number of books on this and this is a topic often examined in human behavior studies.

*** As members here on ADISC, most understand the feeling of comfort and the desire to wear diapers, but recognize it is not accepted by society in general. ***

:dunno: Does anyone think it would be possible that this could be reversed?

If so, what would it take?

Could it be a famous athlete or superstar who is considered otherwise "normal" by society coming out and touting how wearing diapers are cool?

Could diapers be marketed in such a way that they are touted as an acceptable alternative when bathrooms might not be available or inconvenient?

I have my own thoughts, but as crazy as the thought may seem, I think it is not a stretch to say that perhaps stranger things have happened.

:detective3 Is there a combination of things that could happen to create a tipping point that could bring this about?

jamie72

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I don't think wearing diapers will become fashionable. How ever I do think that wearing them because you need to is very very slowly becoming more acceptable. The internet and increased availability in shops of incontinence products has led to a greater acceptance, but there is still a very long way to go. People are not embarraced to use a wheelchair or crutches to help them with their disability, but the use of nappies for incontinence is still a social taboo. Perhaps as the population ages this stigma may become less a proportionally more of the population will need to use incontinence products.

X

xtremekiller

I don't know why it couldn't become acceptable. Is it likely? Sadly, no. I am guessing what would have to happen is a huge break through and there to be huge benefits to wearing and using diapers. I agree with Jamie that they are becoming more acceptable but I honestly could not see diapers becoming the norm. I wish this could happen (it would greatly improve the diaper industry) but to the average person, even if they didn't mind wearing and using diapers, they would think of them as an inconvenience.

MsClara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
Tipping Point - Is is possible that wearing diapers could become popular with society in general?

Number 97 in a continuing series "Questions to which the answer is No"

or at least as far as wearing and using them. Normal people have a very strong disgust reaction to bodily waste. ABDL people have less feelings of disgust as far as their own and maybe sexual partners' are concerned, but even we find it icky to some extent. There maybe less of a social taboo about incontinence in the future as Jamie72 suggests, but recreational use of diapers is never going to extend beyond a few freaks like us.

Is it possible that some people might wear diapers as a garment? Erm.... maybe I guess so. It should be pointed out that diapers are not actually that comfortable. We may find them comforting but wearing a diaper for an extended period of time is much less comfortable than wearing regular underwear.
Maybe some weird trend will pick them up at some point - but I doubt it.

If a famous person was caught or came out as wearing diapers for any reason, they would be mocked or pitied. No one is going to spontaneously copy them, any more than people copied Lady Gaga's dress made from meat.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Now if Emma Watson was to come out modeling a diaper and in full support of it I think the trend would kick off to a degree.

BTW I think they are extremely comfortable while dry or only moderately wet.

Can't see how diapers could be thought of as anything but modest when compared to what some people wear now days.

ilostthesheriff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hmmm... or would we want it to be popular? I take great interest in being one of the club.. one of the elite few that can indulge in such a simple pleasure. It is of great comfort to me to know that I can escape to a secret unknown world so easily. A private passage, if you will. I can feel free and unrestricted, uninfluenced by what others deem trendy. I can trade that for something unique and unexplored by most.

Imagine it in the realm of cave explorers: They find an unexplored cave and wander in and marvel at what maybe no person has seen or witnessed. They can continue to go deeper and explore the cave and taverns with pure amazement. One thought they might have is; "I must tell everyone about my discovery!" or they may have afterthoughts about what this information may trigger. Perhaps there would be an overabundace of cave seekers or folks who intend to simply exploit it and damage it. The unique pureness dies off. Or, they can just share this with others who share the same passion for the experience.

I know this analogy is not quite the same but it offers a view of what the original fever is about; A place to hide-out, relax, have fun, and escape.

I have often wondered about this very topic. Perhaps even fantasized about what it would be like to see diapers become openly accepted but I'm sure some of the fun would be diminished as well. Sometimes the most fond memories take place in unspeakable situations or encounters.

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Perhaps wearing diapers will lost some of its stigma, but it's not going to become popular to wear diapers. If you don't need them, and don't have the fetish, why put up with the mess, expense, and trouble? A person without need, either physical or psychological, would weigh the negatives and think the entire idea of wearing diapers weird. And for good reason.

B

Butterfly Mage

I don't see it ever becoming "popular" to wear diapers -- especially for non-medical reasons. However, I think there is less stigma than there used to be for people who actually need to wear diapers. The other strike against popular use is that I don't really see nonABDL folks voluntarily wearing diapers without medical need. After all, diapers are expensive and you habe to always carry spares with you all the time. Without the fetish aspect, wearing diapers is kind of a drag.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As members here on ADISC, most understand the feeling of comfort and the desire to wear diapers, but recognize it is not accepted by society in general.

The reason why most people on ADISC understand the feeling of comfort when we wear diapers is because we have an inexplicable, preexisting desire to wear them. Without either having that desire or a bona fide need for protection or some other good excuse, you'll be hard pressed to get anyone to wear a diaper, much less enjoy the experience. Think about it this way, the way most non-ABDL people would hear your question: "So you're suggesting that it might actually be possible for normal people to enjoy pissing and crapping their pants for kicks?? No way, sorry, not even going to try it."

Granted, it is possible in principle, inasmuch as pretty much anything can be socially conditioned. But the likelihood that it will catch on in the States? Slim to none. There just isn't enough impetus to get people to even consider wearing diapers for fun or as a fashion statement. However, for the sake of entertainment, I've compiled a non-exhaustive list of possible scenarios that could lead to this very outcome:

*Zombie Hitler rises from the grave and conquers the world, imposing mandatory diaper wearing on pain of death.
*Celine Dion starts up an incontinence solidarity movement, leading millions of fans to don diapers in support of leaky and sodden of all tribes and people.
*Diapers are shown to a viable method of administering alcohol (cf. vodka tampons) leading to their popular use among high school and college students.
*Hypno Toad wants to play a practical joke on humanity.*Nuclear war creates world-wide atomic fallout; lead-lined diapers prove the only way to reliably prevent testicular cancer.
*Hyper-feminist take over and demand that men be humiliated by being diapered 24/7.
*Hyper-anti-feminstes re-take over and demand that women be humiliated by being diapered 24/7.
*Take mescaline, hallucinate that diapers are popular.

S

StoneFree

These threads come up every once and a while, and my answer to every one of them is simply "No". For someone who doesn't need it, it's just unnecessary extra money to be spent, it's rather unhygienic, and I've even heard of a few AB/DL's (male, of course) having trouble reproducing because of too much heat around the testy sack. Not to mention, if everyone is using diapers and filling up landfills, nutso environmentalist will throw the ultimate fit of a lifetime, and the government would have to start making dumb laws like with incandescent light bulbs (that means bye-bye to plastic backed diapers).

While I personally cannot view actual diaper usage becoming the norm, that doesn't stop some other babyish clothing fad from happening (pacifiers, bibs, whatever). It would probably be a "hipster" kind of thing and fade off within about 2 years after its introduction.

Dragoven

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
My opinion? popular as in trendy? unlikely. Acceptable for medical reasons? yes. acceptable for practical reasons? likely. Recreational reasons? most people would probably wonder what's going on upstairs, a large majority of those would probably shrug and go on with thier life. there is a book titled 'steel beach, by a john varley, which briefly touches on this. People have posted news articles about commuters wearing diapers in china during certaing times of heavy travel, some occupations encounter circumstances which diaper usage might be generally recognized as 'necessity' (Aerospace, etc). 'convienience' would also probably also fit into those niche areas. has anyone ever seen those 'portable travel urinals'? I figure diapers are a lot more convenient and sanitary (as far as external
neatness is concerned) than some products used or re-purposed for those 'necessities'

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I pray it's not possible with anything, because if it was then Crocs could become the normal footwear and I don't want to live in that world. Not to mention it's a world that's populated by idiots intimidating celebrity's.

Now if Emma Watson was to come out modeling a diaper and in full support of it I think the trend would kick off to a degree.

Like how wearing meat as clothing is cool now thanks to lady gaga? As soon as star's don't do something considered to be normal they are ostracized for whatever action they did. Brittney spears, Lindsy Lohan, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibison are prime examples.

P

PullupKid

It would be nice, but then I wouldn't feel different anymore like I do now. Diapers will never become fashionable, because babies wear them, and people get that mindset that diapers are for babies. This causes people to think of incontinent people differently, and causes the taboo of diapers. The *BDL crowd might like that diapers are for babies, but most people don't.

timmywimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Number 97 in a continuing series "Questions to which the answer is No"

or at least as far as wearing and using them. Normal people have a very strong disgust reaction to bodily waste. .

That's it in a nutshell. The answer is no. There is never going to be a general social situation in which retaining your bodily wastes next to your skin is ever a/ actually healthy or b/ desirable to 99.9 per cent of the population.

You can have situations, like rave culture, where one or two of the trappings of childhood are briefly fashionable, like the fashion for dummies/pacis at raves a few years ago. Or right now, with the (to me astonishing) vogue for all-in-one suits for festival wear. But it's not going any further.

I have noticed that diapers become potentially acceptable in experimental situations: spaceflight for instance - although my understanding is that NASA astonauts were cathetered for long term space-suit wearing when toilets were obviously impossible to use. Which suggests the necessary flight of fancy:

Earth's atmosphere becomes unbreathable. All human beings take to wearing spacesuits for travel purposes. Underneath, they wear nappies.

There is literally no chance of it happening any other way.

As for what this post is REALLY about - the possibility that AB/DL lifestyles might become acceptable enough to mainstream society that we can openly dress/act out in everyday life, as LGBT lifestyles have, - back we go to ClaraRiddle's post. Our fetish sits on a faultline. A faultline that defines, for the VAST majority of people, the difference between adult and child. I'm afraid the truth is that what many of us feel compelled to do in our nappies disqualifies us permanently from that kind of acceptance.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Now if Emma Watson was to come out modeling a diaper and in full support of it .

... Emma Watson would lose her cosmetics contracts, her status as a fashionable beauty, and her option to return to screen acting would instantly expire. Any photographs of her appearing at film premieres would be captioned satirically. 'Pampered film star Watson ...' ... 'Emma Watson and the Pamper of Secrets' ... 'Nervous Watson says she needs protection ...' And in some papers and websites the captions would simply be cruel. 'Emma Watson sits in own sh*t for pleasure'.

This kind of revelation would do far more damage to her career than, for instance, her coming out as a lesbian (which I hasten to add is a purely speculative suggestion for the purposes of argument within this thread - just in case she's reading this :) ) Her career depends entirely on her being regarded as glamourous. Nappies and incontinence are not compatible with this, and never will be. It doesn't matter how famous they are ... any celebrity endorsing this lifestyle would instantly cash in their celebrity chips.

In other words, when doing thought experiments, we should all try to be realistic and honest!

TeddyBearCowboy

A real-life, genuine teddy bear cowboy...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
My opinion? popular as in trendy? unlikely.

Agreed. But the question is simply whether it could ever be possible, and if so, what would it take to become so?

I don't know why it couldn't become acceptable. Is it likely? Sadly, no. I am guessing what would have to happen is a huge break through and there to be huge benefits to wearing and using diapers.

Again, I absolutely agree. While it would be nice not to have to sometimes have the feeling of being "abnormal", I personally don't think there will ever be enough factors that could create the tipping point I had mentioned. --But then again, who would have thought that wearing your pants halfway down your butt and showing your underwear would become fashionable amongst any crowd? But this has become a trend in many locations and among certain groups. --It isn't accepted by a lot of people, but there are more than just a few doing it.

I also have to agree that one of the tipping factors is that there would be some huge breakthrough in the benefits for wearing them.

Number 97 in a continuing series "Questions to which the answer is No", or at least as far as wearing and using them. Normal people have a very strong disgust reaction to bodily waste. . . . . .There maybe less of a social taboo about incontinence in the future as Jamie72 suggests, but recreational use of diapers is never going to extend beyond a few freaks like us.

I do agree with you that this is not going to happen. You probably hit upon the number one reason, which is the whole "disgust" thing which is why diapers have the negative reputation to begin with. There is no question that this would be the primary limiting factor. However, I have to disagree with the description of "freaks". I'm sorry, but I do not consider myself a freak, or most of us who frequent this site. It is true that this type of behavior is different from what a lot of the world population may think, but this is all simply a matter of perception. What one community or population may think is strange, may not be abnormal at all among another. For example, among the ADISC community, wearing diapers is not abnormal, it is common behavior.

Now if Emma Watson was to come out modeling a diaper and in full support of it I think the trend would kick off to a degree. . . . . .Can't see how diapers could be thought of as anything but modest when compared to what some people wear now days.

Who is Emma Watson? (Sorry, I must live in a cave) Yes, when considering what is otherwise viewed as fashionable in some communities today, diapers are quite modest.

Hmmm... or would we want it to be popular? I take great interest in being one of the club.. one of the elite few that can indulge in such a simple pleasure. It is of great comfort to me to know that I can escape to a secret unknown world so easily. A private passage, if you will. I can feel free and unrestricted, uninfluenced by what others deem trendy. I can trade that for something unique and unexplored by most.

Wow, what a great insight and thought. I have to agree that perhaps this is part of the attraction, is the fact it is different. I have often shared this thought that this interest sets me apart from others and creates an excitement of experiencing something that most others have not discovered. Thanks for your comment!! Awesome!!

Perhaps wearing diapers will lost some of its stigma, but it's not going to become popular to wear diapers. If you don't need them, and don't have the fetish, why put up with the mess, expense, and trouble?

I understand that. . . yes, one does have to go out of their way to wear diapers. It is not cheap, and there is time involved. But why do most women go to the expense and time of putting on makeup? Or why do people spend the extra expense or money to wear a certain brand of clothing? I agree wearing diapers is not ever going to become fashionable, and the number one reason was expressed by ClaraRiddle above. But as far as mess, expense or trouble, a lot of people do a lot of different things that otherwise wouldn't seem rational, but they do it to follow the crowd, think they look better, become more popular, be like someone they idolize, etc.

Without the fetish aspect, wearing diapers is kind of a drag.

Thanks Butterfly Mage. I agree, if there wasn't the inward desire or longing to wear a diaper, it could be a drag. But, on the other hand, so is the pain of getting a tattoo, or piercings, or dying your hair. Yet a lot of people do it.

The reason why most people on ADISC understand the feeling of comfort when we wear diapers is because we have an inexplicable, preexisting desire to wear them. Without either having that desire or a bona fide need for protection or some other good excuse, you'll be hard pressed to get anyone to wear a diaper, much less enjoy the experience. Think about it this way, the way most non-ABDL people would hear your question: "So you're suggesting that it might actually be possible for normal people to enjoy pissing and crapping their pants for kicks?? No way, sorry, not even going to try it."

Wearing and using are obviously different aspects altogether. However, I believe you are absolutely correct. No way this is ever going to happen. I never intended to suggest that it would be so. I just thought it might be interesting to gather folks' thoughts on what it would take for this to happen. Thanks for your comment.

While I personally cannot view actual diaper usage becoming the norm, that doesn't stop some other babyish clothing fad from happening (pacifiers, bibs, whatever). It would probably be a "hipster" kind of thing and fade off within about 2 years after its introduction.

Such is the case with most all fads. When you think of other things that have happened, such as fads for dying one's hair purple, wearing a mohawk, or whatever. . . the point is that there have been a lot of things that were deemed socially unacceptable that have indeed become a fad among some groups. I believe you are right that they also usually fade off within a few years --only to reappear a few decades later.

As soon as star's don't do something considered to be normal they are ostracized for whatever action they did. Brittney spears, Lindsy Lohan, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibison are prime examples.

Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson have been ostracized? I am crushed.

It would be nice, but then I wouldn't feel different anymore like I do now. Diapers will never become fashionable, because babies wear them, and people get that mindset that diapers are for babies.

I can appreciate your thought, and you are correct. There is no doubt that it is generally viewed that being an adult is what is viewed as desirable. Everything we are taught from when we are little is that we need to grow up, and be "a Big Boy or Big Girl". Being babylike is not what is expected (nor respected).

Having said that, times can change. There is an interesting trend right now where footed pajamas are being marketed to the general public. Sales have actually been quite strong --and not just amongst abdl people. Check out pajamagram.com. They are also becoming more common to be sold in adult sizes at retail stores such as Shopko and Target. While a footed sleeper is not the same as wearing a diaper, it is definitely a garment that is normally thought of as "babyish". Still, it is breaking through this image and becoming a product bought by adults.

That's it in a nutshell. The answer is no. There is never going to be a general social situation in which retaining your bodily wastes next to your skin is ever a/ actually healthy or b/ desirable to 99.9 per cent of the population.

You can have situations, like rave culture, where one or two of the trappings of childhood are briefly fashionable, like the fashion for dummies/pacis at raves a few years ago. Or right now, with the (to me astonishing) vogue for all-in-one suits for festival wear. But it's not going any further. . . . . .In other words, when doing thought experiments, we should all try to be realistic and honest!

Timmywimmy, as I have said above, I agree with you. Diaper wearing is not going to become popular. I am sure (or at least would hope) that most everyone here recognizes that. Yes, we should be realistic and honest. However, I didn't mean for this "thought experiment" to be taken so seriously. The intent was never to suggest this would happen, but rather just pose the question as to what would have to happen for this "tipping point" to occur, and get folks thinking a bit about what actually creates a social "norm".

Perhaps actually understanding how social norms occur may help lead to a greater understanding and acceptance of ourselves and our individual quirks or idiosyncrasies (whatever they may be). Something is considered either "normal" or "abnormal" because of a developed perception. I believe that too often folks get caught up in what the acceptable "norm" may be and forget that it is okay to be different. This can (and may often) lead to concerns with self-esteem, simply because a person isn't part of a majority.

:detective3
Well, thanks to everyone who commented. It has been interesting to gather the feedback from you all. Although I said it above, I hope that folks didn't take this post too seriously. That was not my intent.

Here's to not being part of the crowd! :smile1:

Last edited:

MsClara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
I do agree with you that this is not going to happen. You probably hit upon the number one reason, which is the whole "disgust" thing which is why diapers have the negative reputation to begin with. There is no question that this would be the primary limiting factor. However, I have to disagree with the description of "freaks". I'm sorry, but I do not consider myself a freak, or most of us who frequent this site. It is true that this type of behavior is different from what a lot of the world population may think, but this is all simply a matter of perception. What one community or population may think is strange, may not be abnormal at all among another. For example, among the ADISC community, wearing diapers is not abnormal, it is common behavior.

Perhaps actually understanding how social norms occur may help lead to a greater understanding and acceptance of ourselves and our individual quirks or idiosyncrasies (whatever they may be). Something is considered either "normal" or "abnormal" because of a developed perception. I believe that too often folks get caught up in what the acceptable "norm" may be and forget that it is okay to be different. This can (and may often) lead to concerns with self-esteem, simply because a person isn't part of a majority.

Here's to not being part of the crowd! :smile1:

Don't see what your problem is with the word freak then... we're abnormal on a population level - that's all that being a freak is - abnormal, a statistical deviant, one of a few... deal with it.

Zeek61

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Now i haven't read a lot of the other posts (i did kind of skim through them previously though) but there are several things that come to my mind that i think need to be said. The first thing that i think is important to realise is that diapers have many aspects to it. The big ones being sexual (for the DLs) and a psychological thing (for the ABs) and not to mention the fact that there are people that actually need them as well (and have the whole embarrassment issue that goes along with it).

There is one huge reason why i think wearing diapers won't become the norm in society. The fact of the matter is that for us, we want it to become normal so we don't feel weird but there are sexual feeling attached to it (again, for the DLs) and there is also the whole embarrassment issue. The things that have become the norm aren't like this at all. Clothes might have been seen as odd but they aren't something that people have sexual feelings over (except in some minor circumstances). Plus, you can't really get embarrassed by your clothing (unless you complete mismatch everything so it looks horrible). The point is, all the things that you are referring to that were once 'taboo' but are now a norm do not have anything that is remotely similar to the AB/DL desires. Plus, with clothing styles/music and the likes that did become popular, i wouldn't say that they were taboo but rather just something that society shunned because it was something new.

Taboo is more along the lines of anything to do with sexual. The AB/DL aspect also falling into the category. I would not classify a style of clothing or music as taboo. However, i would say that previously, these kinds of things were shunned and frowned upon (this is vastly different to a taboo where things are expected to be kept 'private' and not talked about openly). This is the reason why i think that people trying to pursue the whole "diapers becoming the norm" really need to reassess things. Yes, the homosexual/bisexual community have pushed for their rights but the difference between the AB/DL aspect and this is that AB/DLs don't have any of their rights limited. There is nothing stopping you from wearing a diaper out in public or using it or buying them or anything like that at all. However, in the homosexual community, there is a limitation on the ability to get married and have a "legal" relationship (and by this, i mean in the sense that the law recognises that two individuals are partners and therefore share their entitlements equally).

To be completely honest, i think that wearing diapers in public won't become the norm for people like us purely because things are in the taboo category. If it was in the shunned category, then things might be different. But trying to promote awareness of the AB/DL side causes embarrassment and a wide range of problems with people because this is classed under the sexual side of things. And in society, when it comes to anything sexual, there is a strict don't ask don't tell don't want to know policy.

I will point out that people who have to wear diapers for medical need and how this is seen as something that is less embarrassing (although i sure the people who have this kind of issue will disagree with me) purely because people recognise that when someone has a medical condition it needs to be correctly managed. So again, this is different to the AB/DL thing as well.

S

SurfinSeaLion

Just get Gaga, she'd be willing to kick this off. Lol. But I doubt it will ever be a fad.

C

CrinklySiren

Imagine it in the realm of cave explorers: They find an unexplored cave and wander in and marvel at what maybe no person has seen or witnessed. They can continue to go deeper and explore the cave and taverns with pure amazement. One thought they might have is; "I must tell everyone about my discovery!" or they may have afterthoughts about what this information may trigger. Perhaps there would be an overabundace of cave seekers or folks who intend to simply exploit it and damage it. The unique pureness dies off. Or, they can just share this with others who share the same passion for the experience.

I know this analogy is not quite the same but it offers a view of what the original fever is about; A place to hide-out, relax, have fun, and escape.

I have often wondered about this very topic. Perhaps even fantasized about what it would be like to see diapers become openly accepted but I'm sure some of the fun would be diminished as well. Sometimes the most fond memories take place in unspeakable situations or encounters.

I have to agree. Although I have dreamed of a more open world for the ABDL like how Japan accepts ABDLism or the way Certain areas in Europe also do the same, If it became a popular fashion statements among Pop culture, i would probably kill myself, because pop culture creates and destroys more than newborn greek god. Pop Culture is what creates Pop culture extremists (hipsters and elitests). I like belonging to an exclusive club with GENUINE people rather than people who do it just to follow a TREND. Just as quickly as it can boost its recognition, it can just as easily make it INFAMOUS, and soon enough the whole world could go from moderately accepting diapers (as it is now) to not accepting it completely... Idk, just my opinion.

B

BBallBoy

I am not so sure, I mean so much changes over time and although sexuality usually doesn't, I dont consider diapers to be like other fetishes and I will explain.

From personal experience and from the experiences of others brave enough to share with their friends, Dlism is catching. Now what I mean by that is, people who at one point had no interest or knowledge in wearing diapers can suddenly be introduced to it and really enjoy it. This is mostly for guys because girls tend to be into diapers for reasons either having to do with AB/TB or just for sexual foreplay. If diapers were like some other fetish, you really couldnt come out to a friend at a sleepover and expect them to like it if you even got them to try it. The thing is, this actually does happen. It happened for me. In 7t grade, I had a really good friend who I absolutely trusted. One sleepover, after considering how to bring it up, we used a dare as an excuse to go try it. He ended up loving it and is still, to this day, a DL. This has happened with other DL's too; i have met one online who had the balls to come out to three of his friends at a sleepover and you know what, all three of them tried it and loved it. Needless to say, they had many sleepovers after that.

What I am saying is under the right cucumstances, DLism for lack of a better explanation can be spread. I think there is a huge psycological attractor that a lot of this community undervalues and that is diaper enjoyment could be a lot bigger than we think. In all honesty, if a celebrity had the balls to come out, it could be huge.

Think about this for a second, next week, for example sake, we will see in magazines, online, and the news reports: Justin Beiber is exposed, caught in a bedroom with Selina Gomez wearing diapers.

I mean that is all it would take, he has enough fans to where some would get wierded out and would not follow him anymore but odds are, some girls may find that really hot and a lot of guys out there would go try it.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but I mean this as an example. A mainstream celebrity could change everything and it would be so quick. I dont know how big the following would be but I would imagine this site would get a lot bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.