Time to Stock Up? Covid!

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just did some Googling, and shipments from China are being disrupted due to the virus. I hear there's runs (he he) on toilet paper in California...so I stocked up. 2 cases of MegaMax, a case of NS Lites, a case of Crinklz and a couple bags of AB diapers. Anyone else stocking up?

• Sad
Reactions: LilxFawn
I can’t afford to stock up right now 😭😭😭😭

All the wearers of Chinese diapers may see some disruption later in the distribution cycle. I bet the warehouses have plenty on hand but may not be able to restock as fast as usual.
I'm hearing Chinese supplied places like Walmart are going to look stripped in a few weeks since the container ships aren't loading over there and when the stock is gone... empty shelves.
We'll soon see if this is more of an event than Y2K, it sure looks like it.
Since I mostly use cloth- I'm all set. Something to think about as a back up if anyone wants assurance they won't "run out"

I'm all cloth and reusables, and well-provisioned--not only diapers, but other needs as well, and could get along quite well without toilet paper or any disposable paper products if necessary. Actually, having a "post-apocalyptic" orientation, I have a pretty good stash of various disposable products of all kinds saved--only because I've been able to acquire them from opportunistic trash-scores, and the same for all kinds of medical supplies--I never have to buy such stuff. Because disposables are so essential for medical and hygiene use, things could easily and quickly get really bad--I feel sorry for anyone stuck in an "assisted-living" facility.

I think I’ll be fine, I got minimum of a years worth of diapers in my closets, the real question will be if the big ab distributors raise the prices and then keep those prices at the said new levels permanently

I picked up 2 cases of unique wellness, 3 pks of north shore wipes, 3 pks of tranquility boosters and 2 packs of ns megamax and a pack of betterdry in January.

xtrabulk said:
I just did some Googling, and shipments from China are being disrupted due to the virus. I hear there's runs (he he) on toilet paper in California...so I stocked up. 2 cases of MegaMax, a case of NS Lites, a case of Crinklz and a couple bags of AB diapers. Anyone else stocking up?

Think people are going over the top with this COVID19 virus. Don't really need to stock up tbh i have a good stash to last me a year.

DLAJ said:
Think people are going over the top with this COVID19 virus. Don't really need to stock up tbh i have a good stash to last me a year.

me and you think that it’s an overreaction but maybe you haven’t seen it firsthand, I know I haven’t.
But there’s gotta be a reason China is completely shutting down. OP has a really great point I didn’t think of. The news is getting exponentially worse everyday. 800 new cases reported in Korea.
I hope you’re right and it is an overreaction. We’ll see.

Thanks for reminding me! Just ordered a case of SDKs before all of you get the same idea 😋

DLAJ said:

Dont be so sure. Try Exporting INTO China. That's what I do for a living. Some of my customers shipments to Asia are backed up by 2 weeks! Dock workers and airfreight personnel are refusing to work over there because of it.

You can bet you diapered butt imports from China are going to be an issue. Especially on novelty items.

ChrisKrinkle said:
Dont be so sure. Try Exporting INTO China. That's what I do for a living. Some of my customers shipments to Asia are backed up by 2 weeks! Dock workers and airfreight personnel are refusing to work over there because of it.

You can bet you diapered butt imports from China are going to be an issue. Especially on novelty items.

I heard it was African restrictions on Chinese cargo planes stopping on their way to US that was slowing shipping from china.

The shelves are bare here in New England! I didn't look at diapers but there is no bleach. Apparently the news is panicking people in to hoarding cleaners, wipes canned goods etc.. N-95 dust masks I use at work and buy 10 for $18 are selling on ebay in the $100+ range.

I'm lucky my diapers are BareBums. They don't seem affected. (Yet.)

Confidry should get a major bump if this virus keeps up. they are 100% American made, and they are on par with the best ABDL diapers.

Bass said:
me and you think that it’s an overreaction but maybe you haven’t seen it firsthand, I know I haven’t.
But there’s gotta be a reason China is completely shutting down. OP has a really great point I didn’t think of. The news is getting exponentially worse everyday. 800 new cases reported in Korea.
I hope you’re right and it is an overreaction. We’ll see.

We have only 13 cases here in the UK. But i am not overacting about this. Why not just shut all borders and the free movement of people in areas that have COVID19 untill they know for sure it's virus free.

I was in New Zealand last week. All the ports have pine logs piled up there just about everywhere as the big consumer is China and there are no ships sailing to there right now.

Back