Thumb sucking in and out of diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayB8

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have two deep dark secrets. One you all already know, I'm abdl, but my second, little less of a secret than abdl is I still suck my thumb. My girlfriend is okay with it sorta, but she still often asks me why I suck my thumb. When I told her about my abdl, she asked if that is why I still suck my thumb.

My reasoning for it is because it helps me relax and makes me comfortable. From what I've read online, is actually harder to quit than cigarettes. I don't smoke so I don't know how accurate that is, but I do know it's very hard. I've tried many times, but not really because I want to. To be honest I don't really want to.

Do you guys think there could be an underlining reason that I suck my thumb connected to my abdl? Or is it just something that I just never stopped when I was young?
Separately, does anyone else suck their thumb wether while regressing/abdl or in general/not just while wearing diapers?

Thanks,
BayB8

Ps. I don't ever share these two things with anyone, thanks for accepting me for who I am :)

I've been sucking my thumb since I was 15, and before I discovered my adult baby side, so the two for me aren't totally exclusive, although I do now see it as a manifestation of my babyishness. (I started out of stress.) I don't do it as much as I used to, and I usually sleep with a pacifier, but I haven't completely given up the habit.

KimbaStarshine said:
I've been sucking my thumb since I was 15, and before I discovered my adult baby side, so the two for me aren't totally exclusive, although I do now see it as a manifestation of my babyishness. (I started out of stress.) I don't do it as much as I used to, and I usually sleep with a pacifier, but I haven't completely given up the habit.

I my self have been all my life. I can't really pin point why I do. What I explain to my girlfriend is that when I get the urge to suck my thumb my jaw aches, my mouth kinda waters, and it's uncomfortable. The only thing that helps is the actual sucking of my thumb.

Do you have to suck your self, or is it involuntary? The second I out my thumb in my mouth I start sucking really uncontrollably.

When you say you suck a pacifier, are you using the small ones that are meant for children our do they make bigger ones for adults? Over many years I've had the urge to try a pacifier but only ones I know of are ones in baby isle but they are to small. To relieve my urge it needs to reach the back of my toung but those are to short.

In a word, Lovemaps...

It's probably why most of us do what we do with diapers.

I'm all DL, but, when I wanna really relax, and I'm in my own space, in goes the thumb. OMG, what would the world think, if they knew? Honestly, I really don't care about the rest of the world. They seem to care very little about me, so that feeling is mutual. My friends? They'd probably laugh in disbelief, but then there's the diapers. My wife? She knows it all. That's all that matters. She knows me, and still loves me. SO, the one person on the whole planet that knows of my quirks & abilities, accepts me. That's probably as good as it gets.

• Love
Reactions: Nataliefosterdoglove
I sucked on my thumb regularly until I was 7 and for some reason I just stopped after many attempts by my parents trying to get me to stop but I think I stopped in on my own. Nowadays if I suck my thumb I am regressing but I do prefer If I have my pacifier instead. If I don't have my pacifier near by or if I cant find it I will stick my thumb into my mouth though.

I know that with sucking your thumb it is bad for your teeth, is this the same with a pacifier or would it be better to use one. My dentist always asks me about when I am going to stop, but I don't want to. Plus it's rather embarrassing. Maybe if it doesn't affect my teeth I'll use one and they might think I stopped. What do you guys think?

Id say there's a definite connection, but the two activities while probably serving the same purpose...to comfort you...seem to have a mutual exclusion...neither reliant on each other, but at the same time, perfect partners. Well all that seems pretty obvious hey...but that's just your thing. I wouldn't over analyse it...just enjoy each, exclusively, or in perfect harmony.

For me, thumb sucking is a very natural part of my regression, something that simply occurs, but really outside of regression(which is often hahaha) I don't have any thumb sucking need or desire.

I can relate to the smoking thing but thankfully I've gotten rid of that. :bleh: give me a thumb any day.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw yes they do make pacifiers that are long like your thumb, they're not for me personally I like the toddler size, but you can get them. Start searching you'll find them. Someone on here will know.

BayB8 said:
I my self have been all my life. I can't really pin point why I do. What I explain to my girlfriend is that when I get the urge to suck my thumb my jaw aches, my mouth kinda waters, and it's uncomfortable. The only thing that helps is the actual sucking of my thumb.

Do you have to suck your self, or is it involuntary? The second I out my thumb in my mouth I start sucking really uncontrollably.

When you say you suck a pacifier, are you using the small ones that are meant for children our do they make bigger ones for adults? Over many years I've had the urge to try a pacifier but only ones I know of are ones in baby isle but they are to small. To relieve my urge it needs to reach the back of my toung but those are to short.

I can control it, although I have had moments when I wake up with a pacifier and I seem to be sucking it involuntarily.

I have a small mouth and baby pacifiers work alright for me. I've tried an adult-size one, this one, but I found it a bit too big. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NNETG2?keywords=nuk%205&qid=1449959336&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

As for effect on teeth, I'd say a pacifier might be a little less damaging than a thumb since it's not as thick, although I think it could still move your teeth around. But it's different for everyone and depends on how much you do it. A few of my teeth have moved a little over the past seven years - my top front no longer touch the bottom - but it's not too bad.

I've had the same urge for years since i was 12 years old. Not all the time but when i feel stressed. But i never really sucked my thumb as i really don't like it. A couple of years ago when that urge was very big i tried a nuk5 pacifier for adults and have been sleeping with it ever since. And it had a huge positive impact on my quality of life. The first night i was very sceptical and thought i was gonna wake up without it but to my surprise it was like i never stopped sleeping with it. ( stopped at age 7) so my advice is, if it has a positive influence, don't stop and enjoy it.

I have sucked my thumb all my life except for about 3 years when I was in the Army. I had very little trouble not sucking my thumb in the Army and I started right up again after my discharge as if I had never stopped.

My parents did try to get me to stop and I did stop doing it in front of them but I never stopped. My parents even tried a type of nail polish that has a bitter taste to stop me - it didn't work.

I have never told my dentist about my thumb sucking and my teeth are pretty good. Maybe I was just lucky.

I was talking with my girlfriend about it last night and asked her thoughts on me getting on.. She says she is a little skeptical. Although keep in mind it's all new to her she still is getting used to me in diapers. She said one of the noises she really doesn't like is the sucking /slurping sound from sucking my thumb sometimes.. Does anyone know if they get that same noise with a paci? Not the basic sucking sound the the sound when you let air in to and it can me loud and annoying..

I ALWAYS have either a pacifier,bottle or my thumb in my baby girl mouth.I need to have one or the other in my mouth to fall asleep with.

Go on ebay under adult baby two words in search .
You will find binkes cheep get one and try it .
I like mine.

I personally Have almost always sucked my thumb. I usually don't do it when I am in public but when I am really comfortable I will do it around my friends even though some of them don't like me doing it lol. At home I do and especially when I sleep, I almost have to it is really hard to fall asleep when its not in my mouth. My boyfriend is ok with it he thinks its cute so I defy do it when I am with him

Now when I am a little either my thumb or paci work and I do like to alternate to give my thumb a break because it gets pruney (ewww) after a while so I switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back