Thoughts on Tykables Playsuits?

BenNevis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was looking into getting some Tykables Blue Liddles Shortalls, but I've not seen them come back into stock at NRU in the UK.

A product which looked similar and still very toddlerish was the Tykables Playsuit in blue and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about them?

Do you find them comfy?

Do you find them cute and is there really much difference between them and the more traditional type of shortalls?

Thanks for any responses. It's difficult just trying to go off of a few pictures online when trying to buy little clothes.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime
Cute. I'm not sure it has snaps at the crotch, and it doesn't appear too roomy for a bulky diaper (at least from the model's photo). As you say, it's hard to tell much just from the photos I have the shortalls from baby-pants.com, and really like them (wearing them in my pic to the left!). Haven't tried any from Tykables yet. .

Last edited:
Reactions: BenNevis
LittleRen77 said:
Cute. I'm not sure it has snaps at the crotch, and it doesn't appear too roomy for a bulky diaper (at least from the model's photo). As you say, it's hard to tell much just from the photos I have the shortalls from baby-pants.com, and really like them (wearing them in my pic to the left!). Haven't tried any from Tykables yet. .
If I'm not mistaken I believe Tykables did away with the snaps on their clothing line and replaced them with velcro. I could be wrong though.

Never tried the Shortalls but I do have the blue Snappies and I love 'em (honestly the most comfortable thing I own to be honest and I have tactile issues so that's saying something.) I'm 5ft 8 and 270lbs (I'm working on it!); I bought the 2XL/3XL and it fits like a glove along with a 2XL waddler with plenty of space in the caboose. Mine still has the snaps (bought November of '22.)

Nowididit said:
If I'm not mistaken I believe Tykables did away with the snaps on their clothing line and replaced them with velcro. I could be wrong though.
Sorry, I just took another look and it does say comes with 9 snaps! My mistake. Could have been changed to Velcro though.

The play suit with the teddy buttons does not have crotch snaps or velcro. And it's a very light, thin, stretchy, elastic, and form hugging style of fabric. Definitely a more at home casual sleep/lounge wear.

The traditional twill and denim shortalls have velcro leg enclosures and are much more heavy fabric, roomy, rugged and suitable as normal adult clothes for daily, active, and public wearing.

The rest of the shortalls that are the 4 way stretch printed fabric are like the play suit, very thin and skimpy and snug and probably not something you'd want to wear anywhere but a private ABDL conn or party. And only if you're confident with your body or just don't give a @#$%.

Think tight spandex or spaghetti strap vs loose fit jeans. And even if you get the stretchy stuff over size it's very thin and floppy and stretchy and won't hang solid and sturdy on the straps the way regular denim or twill shortalls do. They will stretch and sag under their own weight.

It's a great material for 24/7 footie pajamas that won't cook you, and comfy stretchy airy shirts and onisies, but too floppy and ill suited for something like shortalls IMO which need to have some stiffness to maintain their form.

I do like the blue teddy bear snap play suit though for just chilling around the house in private with a pup or dino shirt or onesie.

Last edited:
Reactions: BenNevis and Diaperboy27
LittleAndAlone said:
The play suit with the teddy buttons does not have crotch snaps or velcro. And it's a very light, thin, stretchy, elastic, and form hugging style of fabric. Definitely a more at home casual sleep/lounge wear.

The traditional twill and denim shortalls have velcro leg enclosures and are much more heavy fabric, roomy, rugged and suitable as normal adult clothes for daily, active, and public wearing.

The rest of the shortalls that are the 4 way stretch printed fabric are like the play suit, very thin and skimpy and snug and probably not something you'd want to wear anywhere but a private ABDL conn or party. And only if you're confident with your body or just don't give a @#$%.

Think tight spandex or spaghetti strap vs loose fit jeans. And even if you get the stretchy stuff over size it's very thin and floppy and stretchy and won't hang solid and sturdy on the straps the way regular denim or twill shortalls do. They will stretch and sag under their own weight.

It's a great material for 24/7 footie pajamas that won't cook you, and comfy stretchy airy shirts and onisies, but too floppy and ill suited for something like shortalls IMO which need to have some stiffness to maintain their form.

I do like the blue teddy bear snap play suit though for just chilling around the house in private with a pup or dino shirt or onesie.

Ahh right, I didn't realise it didn't have a snap crotch.

To be honest, I think I might be better off with the twill shortalls. Although the little teddy bear shoulder snaps are cute, I'm not sure about something so thin and stretchy. With a onesie on underneath anyway to support a nappy, I'd rather something that looked a bit more rugged and supportive.

Back