Those with light to moderate incontinence

AUG168

Est. Contributor
Messages
68
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have BPH and OAB. My incontinence is on the light side for the most part but when the OAB is flaring up I'm moderate.

Currently I have post matriculation for up an hour after urinating. The greatest decline in my incontinence is at night although it's probably still technically light.

I used to just wear one pad a day (now at least)and at night. If I do at night I'm what I
would describe as moist and the sides of my underwear are. I've started wearing Threaded Armor training pants with a pad and that seems to work well. When the OAB is in high gear I use pull-ups but after a few days I'm tired of them.

So my question is what are all of you using that are light to moderate incontinent?
 
Last edited:

chuck

avatar
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,060
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Most of the time I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants, although sometimes during the day I wear training pants under my plastic pants.
 

AUG168

Est. Contributor
Messages
68
Role
  1. Incontinent
For light to moderate incontinence? Seems like a lot
 
Messages
5
Role
  1. Incontinent
After not using anything for a long time for my OAB, I've been told I should probably look into pull ups for the more stressful times, like long car rides and going out drinking. I was also told that I should probably use them just generally when going to and from work since the bus trip stresses me out, if I can get past the anxiety about wearing them. I haven't taken the dive yet, but that's what my doctor recommends and I only have light to moderate incontinence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AUG168

Constantlydamp

Est. Contributor
Messages
124
Role
  1. Incontinent
I think a lot of us can relate to this journey from a guard to a pad to a pull up to a nappy. I would wear whatever keeps you dry and secure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: chuck, tiron101 and AUG168

AUG168

Est. Contributor
Messages
68
Role
  1. Incontinent
Constantlydamp said:
I think a lot of us can relate to this journey from a guard to a pad to a pull up to a nappy. I would wear whatever keeps you dry and secure.
I would like to here more. What was the timeline?
 

Constantlydamp

Est. Contributor
Messages
124
Role
  1. Incontinent
My timeline was approx 3 years from getting Tena guards in the supermarket to a pad then pull ups. The family doctor saw my pull ups in August 2020 then referred me to the urologist who identified BPH and OAB (I also have type 2 diabetes) and I was referred to the Continence Advisory Service who advised me that they do not prescribe pull ups but instead I should wear a nappy. Tena Super were prescribed (later Tena Maxi) and in discussion with the Continence Nurse I was suggested a condom catheter however as I am partly retracted instead a specialist nurse fitted me with a pubic pressure urinal which I wear when out and about and nappies, plastic pants and an absorbent pad for bed. At home I try to reach the toilet and the Beambridge tunnel ensures no accidents. The NHS has been fantastic and meant I remain fully independent.
AUG168 said:
I would like to here more. What was the timeline?
 

AUG168

Est. Contributor
Messages
68
Role
  1. Incontinent
Constantlydamp said:
My timeline was approx 3 years from getting Tena guards in the supermarket to a pad then pull ups. The family doctor saw my pull ups in August 2020 then referred me to the urologist who identified BPH and OAB (I also have type 2 diabetes) and I was referred to the Continence Advisory Service who advised me that they do not prescribe pull ups but instead I should wear a nappy. Tena Super were prescribed (later Tena Maxi) and in discussion with the Continence Nurse I was suggested a condom catheter however as I am partly retracted instead a specialist nurse fitted me with a pubic pressure urinal which I wear when out and about and nappies, plastic pants and an absorbent pad for bed. At home I try to reach the toilet and the Beambridge tunnel ensures no accidents. The NHS has been fantastic and meant I remain fully independent.
Thanks for the info
 
  • Like
Reactions: Constantlydamp
Top