• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

This suprised me :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey, ok so i was up late last night and couldn't get to sleep. I put the TV on, and started watching Bravo.

The program was "Sin Citys" or something like that. To my suprise it was based in Australia, and part of it was about Adult Baby. The man had all the cribs etc, and even have people come over. He was just so open about it. SO he just acted being the dad, then when the "mom" came over, he changed to the baby.

Was very interesting to see how the presenter reacted to it, he didn't seem to shocked at all, but when he left the house he said he was just puzzled over it all.

The Australian AB mentioned a rough figure, only estimated there's about 100,000 AB's living there. But said there must be far more due to the embarrisment with this, and people not admiting to it.

So, there's my little comment thing :D

Anyone else seen AB/DL on TV programs?

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
The first time I ever heard about ABism was on a TV programme. I can't remember what it was, just some random 'weird fetishes' thing that I saw while channel flicking.
My friend was with me at the time and wanted to change the channel, but I made him watch it. :p

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I haven't seen it, but I think there was an episode of CSI or something, called King Baby, which was about this man who was an AB and he had a nursery etc. I dunno if it'll be on Youtube, I might have a look later when I'm bored.

Ok, I just looked and I can't find the full episode. Never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tommy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I haven't seen it, but I think there was an episode of CSI or something, called King Baby, which was about this man who was an AB and he had a nursery etc. I dunno if it'll be on Youtube, I might have a look later when I'm bored.

Ok, I just looked and I can't find the full episode. Never mind.
yea i saw that before ... -.- my mum was watching it with me :| close to the time i told her about it all rofl

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yea i saw that before ... -.- my mum was watching it with me :| close to the time i told her about it all rofl
You told her about it before or after you watched CSI? If it was after, did she say anything while it was on? And did that influence your decision to tell her at all?

I'd imagine programs like this can be useful to see what people's opinions actually are on the subject if you're considering telling them.

AbsoluteBedlam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I remember seeing an AB on Jerry Springer *shudders* quite some time ago (A decade or possibly longer).

There was another daytime talk show that featured an AB girl who tried to explain her lifestyle and feelings... unfortunately the audience was largely disgusted. If I remember correctly the show's host stayed among the audience the entire time and never even joined the girl on the couch.

I also remember a number of references to Infantilism on the Upright Citizen's Brigade.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Some shows treat AB/DLs better than others. It just depends on if it is a "hype" talk show, or an unbiased documentation.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Some shows treat AB/DLs better than others. It just depends on if it is a "hype" talk show, or an unbiased documentation.
There's unbiased documentation! Quick.. someone get News Corp (Fox News) and GE (MSNBC/NBC) on the phone.. this needs to stop NOW!

Anyways I had my fill of this stuff being shown on the TV. It really is a private thing and if you wear a diaper under your normal clothes people will only think the worst. Unless of course they are rather close to you.

Role
Private
There was another daytime talk show that featured an AB girl who tried to explain her lifestyle and feelings... unfortunately the audience was largely disgusted. If I remember correctly the show's host stayed among the audience the entire time and never even joined the girl on the couch.
Funny you should mention that.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Sometimes I wonder if some writers are AB or DLs because they sometimes do a diaper reference in them like in The Simpsons when Barney had on a diaper and then it falls off and blows away and he says "Come back diaper," I think that was in the episode about where Homer plows driveways and streets and then someone takes over. I think Ralph has also mentioned he wears them and in South Park, Butters mentioned in one episode he has to wear them due to Colin disease. It's assumed he wears pull ups because we have seen him pulling down his pants at the urinal.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I do find the number of diaper references in popular culture to be suspicious. I'd like to think it may mean that AB/DLism is much more widely spread than any of us believe.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I do find the number of diaper references in popular culture to be suspicious. I'd like to think it may mean that AB/DLism is much more widely spread than any of us believe.
I'm still convinced that it's only because referencing a small bit of every fetish / what-have-you is required, lest they suffer being called discriminatory. We don't notice all the other references because the diaper reference is for us.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
I bet people find excuses to put diaper references in shows or movies. I've done that with one of my Benny & Joon stories and the excuse was there was no bathrooms in the tree house and the mother was trying to talk her way out of her son sleeping in there, so she said they would have to wear diapers and she didn't think Benny keep his door unlocked for them both to use his bathroom since the tree house was at his place.

Scubadiaper

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
The reason there are so many "diaper" references in popular culture is not because of closet *B/DLs but, because diapers are an ingrained part of society and child-rearing. Unlike most fetishes, diapers are out in the open and a part of everyday life for some people. Diapers also have a stigma and meaning that make them a powerful reference and visual tool in media.

Just for comparison, imagine if babies were required to stay in latex suits for the first 3 years of their lives instead of diapers. Then instead of diapers in the media we would be seeing latex suits. (This is a broad comparison just to give you an idea of what I mean)

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I remember seeing an AB on Jerry Springer *shudders* quite some time ago (A decade or possibly longer).

I also remember a number of references to Infantilism on the Upright Citizen's Brigade.
The show you are speaking of is the Tyra Banks show, at least it sounds like it. I know they also had one one Real Sex on HBO, it wasn't biased at all but it wasn't that good.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I have seen the earliest Jerry Springer before it became the hillbilly fest it is now. I also have seen the Donahue one that aired also in the 90s. I had that one but I lost it. I know most seem insensitive to ABs.

The Tyra Banks one I saw, and I also saw the Secret Lives of Women episode where they had an AB girl on it. Some shows are well-done and some are not. It depends on the reactions that people do give in the whole thing.

WildThing121675

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I wonder if anyone has noticed the Verizon commercial where the high school aged boy is sleeping outside in a tent, and Skyping with his mom. She's asking him all these questions as to his preparedness, such as, did he bring enough food and water, etc. Of course it turns out he's just in their back yard. But the thing that both me and my wife noticed is that at the end, the mother asks him if he's dry. Now he's in a tent, and it's a clear night with the bugs chirping, no rain in site. It makes one wonder!

Status
Not open for further replies.