This ''arms race'' is getting out of hand.

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
What I mean by arms race is this ridiculous capacity war going on between diaper manufacturers...

Perhaps it's just me that thinks this is past the point of novelty and stupidity to have diapers that are supposedly good for almost TEN litres of piss or other fluids.

I'm trying not to be rude regarding this, but by the time you produce that much urine, your skin surely will have already been damaged from sitting in a huge bag of waste. That's got to take a full day almost!

Like, at what point will this get to before it is nonsensical for everyday, practical uses? When will it be that moment where we all go ''holy shit, this got out of control'' lol

For those that want to argue about practicality, I will point out that discretion is LONG gone after 2 or 3 litres of urine in any diaper, good luck hiding that under normal clothing, let alone even being able to walk properly. These diapers don't apply to most practical incontinent folks that don't enjoy sitting in cold piss.

The price of these hyper capacity diaps are ridiculous as well. Abdl diapers are already costly...

Aside from the fun factor at home, and the novelty of enjoying one of these beastly undergarments, I
simply can't see your everyday incontinent person tolerating sitting in their own waste after even one litre. Smell and comfort become issues.

I just don't understand the need to cram that much capacity into one disposable product.

I dunno, I'm sure this will end up rubbing people the wrong way (which I did not intend), but I just felt the need to put my thoughts down after seeing some recent new products being talked about.

Crazy world to be living in lately 🙃

• Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: lilbabyjooce, Beowulf, MetalDan86 and 13 others

Tidings

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hi,

it's nice to have a thick diaper with a lot of absorbency. Just because ot says 9500 ml or whatever doesn't mean you have to wear it that long.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, TigerDL, eastcoastdl and 3 others

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I take listed capacity with a huge grain of salt.
They "might" hold 10L but under extremely controlled testing parameters.
IRL situations it's going to be significantly less.

Reactions: TigerDL, BunnyFofo, Jonnythepony and 7 others

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Tidings said:
Hi,

it's nice to have a thick diaper with a lot of absorbency. Just because ot says 9500 ml or whatever doesn't mean you have to wear it that long.
I agree with that completely.
But-
It just is wasteful and expensive to pay for them and all their technology if you're not going to use it for anything other than novelty.
Wouldn't just adding a stuffer, or doubling up less absorbent diapers achieve this same thing?

Again, not trying to piss anyone off with this, I'm just questioning the rationale behind it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilbabyjooce, NotTheAverageMan and ReluctantAdult

Remo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Lower price, not increased capacity would help the truly incontinent.

• Love
Reactions: lilbabyjooce, caffelatte, NotTheAverageMan and 11 others

odd1inSyde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
SparkyDog said:

This is exactly.
Tykables claims that their Waddlers have a 7000 ml capacity, ABU claims their most absorbent diapers get up to 6800 ml, and Rearz is insane with their 8000+ capacity. But all of them leak, usually way before they reach what is supposed to be their maximum. It's marketing.

• Sad
Reactions: MajesticHamster, ReluctantAdult and Abdlchriscrinkle

Elmo

I ❤️ Sesame Street
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
If you're thinking this, then you're not the target market. The target market for products with 10L capacities are people who wear for fun and want to stay in a diaper all day.

I'm not saying you're wrong though: it would be great to see an ABDL diaper that's a little stripped back, but can actually be used for 24/7 wearing without costing an arm and a leg.

• Love
Reactions: NaranjaColor, baliebox4916, LeifErikson and 5 others

vp39

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
10 liters of water weighs about 10 kilos....

• Haha
Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
All I can say is that it was nice to have my NRU Str8ups on as I spent a full day walking around the Vegas strip, not having to worry about carrying a diaper change with me, and still feeling comfortable to imbibe plentifully. Similar for long flights. There are lots of situations where changes aren't always practical and it is nice to have a high-capacity diaper. I'd much rather start off with a high-capacity diaper and "sit in my own waste," than change in a disgusting public restroom with other people's waste if I don't have to.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, MetalDan86, ChrisK and 2 others

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
DiaperedElmo said:
If you're thinking this, then you're not the target market. The target market for products with 10L capacities are people who wear for fun and want to stay in a diaper all day.

I'm not saying you're wrong though: it would be great to see an ABDL diaper that's a little stripped back, but can actually be used for 24/7 wearing without costing an arm and a leg.

Yes! Exactly!
Thank you.
I agree with everything you just said.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce, odd1inSyde and KittyninjaW

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Being a male I will never be able to use all that capacity, especially if all I’m doing is wetting. The wicking just isn’t that good. The back half of my diaper or even a pull-up is never utilized, even after eight hours of wearing at work. I still buy them though.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, NaranjaColor and BunnyFofo

12srepaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
What I mean by arms race is this ridiculous capacity war going on between diaper manufacturers...

Perhaps it's just me that thinks this is past the point of novelty and stupidity to have diapers that are supposedly good for almost TEN litres of piss or other fluids.

I'm trying not to be rude regarding this, but by the time you produce that much urine, your skin surely will have already been damaged from sitting in a huge bag of waste. That's got to take a full day almost!

Like, at what point will this get to before it is nonsensical for everyday, practical uses? When will it be that moment where we all go ''holy shit, this got out of control'' lol

For those that want to argue about practicality, I will point out that discretion is LONG gone after 2 or 3 litres of urine in any diaper, good luck hiding that under normal clothing, let alone even being able to walk properly. These diapers don't apply to most practical incontinent folks that don't enjoy sitting in cold piss.

The price of these hyper capacity diaps are ridiculous as well. Abdl diapers are already costly...

Aside from the fun factor at home, and the novelty of enjoying one of these beastly undergarments, I
simply can't see your everyday incontinent person tolerating sitting in their own waste after even one litre. Smell and comfort become issues.

I just don't understand the need to cram that much capacity into one disposable product.

I dunno, I'm sure this will end up rubbing people the wrong way (which I did not intend), but I just felt the need to put my thoughts down after seeing some recent new products being talked about.

Crazy world to be living in lately 🙃
I 100% AGREE! Not even most bedridden people want to be stuck in a heavy used diaper.

Reactions: NotTheAverageMan, MajesticHamster, ReluctantAdult and 1 other person

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
It's the same with toilet paper and tissue handkerchiefs......and tyres!
You only use a little bit of them and yet you pay for the full thing! Grr! Makes my blood boil!
🤪

It depends on how extreme we're talking about, though, doesn't it? (I'm being serious now..... I think)
There's a rationale for excessive capacity for certain situations, in order for assured protection. Like with armies, it's the more, the merrier (and only a relatively small number of soldiers do combat, the bulk are support troops).
The first of this modern/asian-style high-capacity disposables generally available in the west, Comficare, were the first to give us assured protection throughout the night. Didn't matter that you didn't saturate all of it, you just didn't over-saturate the bits you were most likely to use in that situation.
Better that we have such good dispies for the necessary situations than be without.
Personally, I have different types of dispies for different situations because there is no situational 'one size fits all'.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and Abdlchriscrinkle

Abdlchriscrinkle

Crinkly rock star!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
KindaOlde said:
Being a male I will never be able to use all that capacity, especially if all I’m doing is wetting. The wicking just isn’t that good. The back half of my diaper or even a pull-up is never utilized, even after eight hours of wearing at work. I still buy them though.
Because they've got such a hard on for SAP instead of good old pulp like the diaps of yesteryear...
I agree, as a Male, we barely use the back of our diapers unless laying on our backs and wetting.

badger50

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I’ve never found a nappy that can hold more than about 2 litres reliably. Betterdry seems about the best. ABDL brands don’t seems to fit me right and leak so easily. Megamax sounds so promising, but just feels wet and soggy so soon.

Reactions: joemama

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
SparkyDog said:
The first line here is actually hitting the nail on the head. These capacities listed are most likely tested with water being poured into the diaper. Urine however contains salt and generally the less hydrated you are the higher the salt content. Salt breaks down the chemical bonds in the Sodium Polyacrylate (SAP) used to absorb the urine making it less effective.

So a diaper listed as 8000ml capacity (tested with plain old water) may well hold that, but add some salt to the water with the same average concentration of urine and it might only hold 4000ml. Consider the same test with the more sensible capacity diapers, say 3200ml, with salt it may only hold 1200ml.

DiaperedElmo said:

This kinda thing may be targeted at those who wear for fun and want to wear the same diaper all day, I'm fine with all that and if someone wants a massive capacity so they can sit around in it that's their choice and more power to them.

My problem with the massive capacity of these diapers though is self harming.
The ABDL lifestyle is generally fine because it harms no one, even on this forum you'll find most of the more experienced members will recommend against doing things that will cause harm to your body (i.e. messing around with laxatives or other meds to "feel incontinent")

The trouble is, these high capacities are driving people to think it's ok to drink so much that they can fill a 10 litre diaper. It's almost like a challenge "hey we have this new ultra capacity brand, how full can you make it".

Even if we ignore the salt issue above and say the diaper can hold 8000ml+ of urine anyone peeing that amount in a day really needs to see a doctor immediately because there is either something massively wrong with their body already or they are causing themselves serious harm through overhydration.

Medical studies show that the a healthy adult pees on average 4-7 times to an amount of 2500-3000ml per day, the healthy amount of daily water consumption is considered to be 2-3 litres depending on level of activity which matches up to the average urine produced. Anything less than that and the doctor will want to test for dehydration or water retention and anything more is likely to lead to testing for something like kidney failure

Overhydration is a thing and can cause some pretty serious and even life threatening conditions. If you are drinking enough to pee 8-10 litres a day then you are definitely overhydrated and at risk of causing yourself grievous harm.

• Sad
Reactions: MajesticHamster and SparkyDog

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
KindaOlde said:
Same with me. The front soaks and the rear and crotch are still dry. The only way to really get the crotch and back wet is to lay on my back and let go but that's not always possible.
I personally like the high capacity diapers for their thickness when dry but I can't stand them soaked because they get really uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Reactions: ReluctantAdult and Abdlchriscrinkle

nightfox320

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
Because they've got such a hard on for SAP instead of good old pulp like the diaps of yesteryear...
I agree, as a Male, we barely use the back of our diapers unless laying on our backs and wetting.
Amen to this! That’s why the old Molicare and even original Abena M4 were amazing. They held about 1200-1400ml reliably and used the whole diaper regardless of how I wet them.

I truly wish we could get a 2000-2500ml affordable diaper with a decent pulp content and wicking ability. That would go a long way to providing a great day and night diaper with the ability to avoid leaks and use the product fully.

• Love
Reactions: badger50 and Abdlchriscrinkle

Elmo

I ❤️ Sesame Street
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Belarin said:
The trouble is, these high capacities are driving people to think it's ok to drink so much that they can fill a 10 litre diaper. It's almost like a challenge "hey we have this new ultra capacity brand, how full can you make it".
I understand where you're comming from. Hell, when I was a child, I definitely used to drink too much water just to flood a diaper.

However, there needs to be some common sense on the wearer's end too. When your body tells you to stop drinking water, don't drink more water!

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
DiaperedElmo said:
I understand where you're comming from. Hell, when I was a child, I definitely used to drink too much water just to flood a diaper.

However, there needs to be some common sense on the wearer's end too. When your body tells you to stop drinking water, don't drink more water!
Oh definitely yeah, I myself have had days where i've already drunk enough but really wanted a full diaper, got changed and necked a litre and a half in 15 minutes and then continued drinking little bits till the diaper is close to leaking. But I know the risk and I know my bodies signals and this is not something I would do with enough regularity to be an issue.

Sure people need to use common sense, unfortunately it's getting less and less common these days, especially when it involves strong emotional desires. There is also the fact that as we are encouraged to drink well and a lot of people will be unaware of the damage that can be done by drinking too much, this lack of information coupled with the dream of a 10 litre diaper only encourages people into unhealthy and potentially dangerous habbits.