Thinking of branching out, maybe into taped diapers

Riddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
So, for years my go-to has been Goodnites since they're widely available in stores, fairly inexpensive, and wearing them to bed as a kid is probably a big part of what god me into AB/DL in the first place. But I do find them lacking in some respects. Capacity isn't the best, but more so, the absorption rate isn't very good. I have to moderate the flow when I wet them or else they're likely to leak. They'll absorb the whole wetting, but it will take a bit. But having to steady the pace like that kind of takes me out of the experience.
So, I want to try something that I can just let loose in without a care and not much risk of leaks. I might guess a taped diaper would be the best option, but I don't really know where to begin there. I once picked up a package at a pharmacy (I forget the brand) and tried it. I don't think I was quite satisfied IIRC but it happened to catch me at a purge cycle so that may have soured the experience.
I'm looking for something not too expensive. Is there anything decent in stores or pharmacies? (I'm in the northeastern U.S. if that make a difference) I've never ordered diapers for delivery, partly because of my living situation. I don't want anyone to see the package, and buying at the store gives me direct control over when an how it reaches the house.

Reactions: mistykitty, warmfeeling, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
For myself I like the 4 tape plastic back diapers with very good absorption !
Along with cute pastel colors and girly prints diapers ! It make wearing them so much nicer and fun !

Last edited:
Reactions: RuffRuff, warmfeeling, Msherri1981 and 1 other person
Taped diapers are definitely the best!

Reactions: AndyPandy, warmfeeling and Msherri1981
I like tena active fits with plastic backs but difficult to find in the States. The flex and cloth backed nappies are also good. The flex has a waist band and also be worn during physical work or sport. Cheaper than abdl nappies.

Reactions: DLmikey
Tenawearer said:
I like tena active fits with plastic backs but difficult to find in the States. The flex and cloth backed nappies are also good. The flex has a waist band and also be worn during physical work or sport. Cheaper than abdl nappies.
Yeah. The abdl ones are expensive af. I was wondering about brand recommendations. I think a place near my town might sell tranquility. I had seen that Abena was popular but a recent post mentioned a decline in quality.

Jorelaxed said:
Taped diapers are definitely the best!
I am diapered with a pull-up over my taped diapers.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
Riddy said:
Yeah. The abdl ones are expensive af. I was wondering about brand recommendations. I think a place near my town might sell tranquility. I had seen that Abena was popular but a recent post mentioned a decline in quality.
Good luck with choosing.

Any recommendations in brands for a beginner on this?

Last edited:
Riddy said:
So, for years my go-to has been Goodnites since they're widely available in stores, fairly inexpensive, and wearing them to bed as a kid is probably a big part of what god me into AB/DL in the first place. But I do find them lacking in some respects. Capacity isn't the best, but more so, the absorption rate isn't very good. I have to moderate the flow when I wet them or else they're likely to leak. They'll absorb the whole wetting, but it will take a bit. But having to steady the pace like that kind of takes me out of the experience.
So, I want to try something that I can just let loose in without a care and not much risk of leaks. I might guess a taped diaper would be the best option, but I don't really know where to begin there. I once picked up a package at a pharmacy (I forget the brand) and tried it. I don't think I was quite satisfied IIRC but it happened to catch me at a purge cycle so that may have soured the experience.
I'm looking for something not too expensive. Is there anything decent in stores or pharmacies? (I'm in the northeastern U.S. if that make a difference) I've never ordered diapers for delivery, partly because of my living situation. I don't want anyone to see the package, and buying at the store gives me direct control over when an how it reaches the house.
I’m too large for Goodnites myself (I weigh 210 pounds (roughly speaking)) and I find that I can only fit in XL Depend Night Defense for men. Just like your experience with the Goodnites I find that I need to moderate my flow with these. They usually absorb the whole wetting (if I am correctly positioned (as it were)) but it takes a bit of time.

Tena taped "slips" as they are now called are a very good taped Nappy and I would reccomend them if they are available in your part of the world, the first wee in one is pretty safe regarding leaks and depending on your bladder size and Nappy absorbancy rating subsequent wettings may also be safe until capacity is reached.
Good luck in finding the right Nappy for you.

Cost is relative. You need to work out how many you use a day. The 'cheaper' regular diapers hold less. Therfore you use more. If you wet a lot then the bigger capacity diapers might actually be cheaper. So calculate on cost per day not per unit.

Reactions: AJFan2020
I wear tena slip maxis and on average use three in 24 hours sometimes four.

Reactions: DLmikey
If I’m in a period of wearing full-time I use Tena Active Maxis for daytime, usually two and sometimes three, and overnight Tena Active Ultimas with plastic pants.

I understand these plastic-backed European version diapers can be difficult to find in the USA, but I’m sure an equivalent product from Northshore or Abena would work just as well.

Riddy said:
I really like Tena maxi active, plastic backed, I don’t wear that often, but when I do these are my favourite, I also have some Rearz Barnyards, although the small size are a little big on me, these are amazing, I’ve never maxed one out, they do get big and bulky which I love. Good luck choosing, there are so many to choose from

Reactions: AndyPandy
Riddy said:
Did you know Walmart online you can order many name brand diapers and have them shipped to your local store to go pick up. Also NorthShore (the best diaper company ever) has a option during checkout to have their product sent to your local fedex. I think Amazon does the same shipping to a fedex office.

So you have better options than the shit these stores carry. I would use at the least Abena level 4 or tranquility ATTN. If you like cloth back diapers seni are affordable and they make great pull ups and some decent tab style diapers too. Amazon has Seni at far. Abeina has good level 4diapers around two bucks each. I think you should ty some free samples . NS will give you a couple of several sizes and styles if you request them. The are fastest at shipping and just a great company that truly cares about the product they sale as well as the people using them. Even if you think you might not shop from them for cost try them anyway because you will fall in love.

But check with a lot of places molicare gives free samples, Seni does, tranquility does, preval, attends, depends and many more if you just search. I would just ask them if you could have the sample sent to a local fed x hub. But do not waist your money on store purchased crap.

Diaperman95 said:
Did you know Walmart online you can order many name brand diapers and have them shipped to your local store to go pick up.
Do they still do that? I was getting tranquility ATN that way for a period a few years ago, as well as ordering various other stuff that way, but it doesn't seem like walmart offers a ship to store option at all now, at least where I am and for products I have looked at.

I think you should look into Tykables diapers because their designs are cute, especially their Unicorns and Waddlers diapers.

Reactions: Jorelaxed
bigtoddler96 said:
I think you should look into Tykables diapers because their designs are cute, especially their Unicorns and Waddlers diapers.
I'm not looking at the ABDL brands at this point since they're pretty pricey. Honestly I'm fine with a medical look.

Bnuuy said:
Do they still do that? I was getting tranquility ATN that way for a period a few years ago, as well as ordering various other stuff that way, but it doesn't seem like walmart offers a ship to store option at all now, at least where I am and for products I have looked at.
I have never really used it but it looks like the items that are stocked from the walmart warehouse are ship to story ready, but not from 3rd party vendors. But I do know Northshore offers the shipping to a local fedex.

Back