think i might have to own up to who i am.

diapernh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
So in the next 30 days I am to have open heart surgery, a double by-pass of my coronary arteries.

The issue comes into play is that I will basically be dependent on somebody else for many things coming up.

• at home for at least 4 weeks requiring somebody to constantly be there.
  • no driving for 6 weeks
  • no lifting anything over 20# for 3 months
My worries are that my mom would be my primary caregiver, but if she was not able to help or could not get me out of bed, etc that other people may have to enter my bedroom, which for appearances is a toddlers room. I have a diaper pail right at the door, diapers stacked in the closet, juvenile bed sheets, stuffies, etc...

Maybe I should just own up that I wear diapers and am little and deal with the fall out from my family (don’t have any friends)

Best of luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery, look forward to a few weeks of good old fashioned relaxing!!!

Regarding your bedroom what are your options or what are you thinking of doing?

Seeing diapers in a room where someone is recovering from surgery is not that shocking; you need to heal and take it easy. I'd like to believe that any doctor would say that wearing an adult diaper to bed is a better option than getting out of bed and going to the washroom in the middle of the night.

Maybe move your pail into your closet and put a few things away? I wouldn't worry too much about the bed sheets and stuffies.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Does Your mom know everything? That’s the only one that would really care about .... if you get care workers they are professional and won’t care about diapers/diaper pail. Or try to choose the next most likely family member to help if you were thinking it will go that way. Lots of people have stuffies, nothing wrong with that, and depending on how toddler or just cute the bedding is - that still just a personal choice. You don’t have to say your little depending how much they see, just that you like stuffie s and cute things. My brother is not little at all (but is furry) and half his Room is wolf and dog stuff ies (He is 39 and I still buy him new ones ...).

have to decide what is easier/better for you ..... removing those items before surgery so no one sees them or just opening up to a few people and answering questions IF they ask.

If your mom is fine with everything and you are worried about rest of family you could always get her to put things away hidden if other family members are coming over. because unless your mom is fine with helping you change diapers just because you want too (unless you are incontinent - which doesn’t matter if everyone knows about them ....) how much are you going to use them?

KarmaBaby said:
Does Your mom know everything? That’s the only one that would really care about .... if you get care workers they are professional and won’t care about diapers/diaper pail. Or try to choose the next most likely family member to help if you were thinking it will go that way. Lots of people have stuffies, nothing wrong with that, and depending on how toddler or just cute the bedding is - that still just a personal choice. You don’t have to say your little depending how much they see, just that you like stuffie s and cute things. My brother is not little at all (but is furry) and half his Room is wolf and dog stuff ies (He is 39 and I still buy him new ones ...).

have to decide what is easier/better for you ..... removing those items before surgery so no one sees them or just opening up to a few people and answering questions IF they ask.

If your mom is fine with everything and you are worried about rest of family you could always get her to put things away hidden if other family members are coming over. because unless your mom is fine with helping you change diapers just because you want too (unless you are incontinent - which doesn’t matter if everyone knows about them ....) how much are you going to use them?
Yes my mom is well aware of my ABDL side, we share the house. Most of my wearing is for ABDL reasons. Though i do wear for stretches of 24/7 for days.

She has never offered nor have i asked for her to diaper me. Depending on my recovery and how my body acts, i could certainly find myself in the situation of wearing, especially at night so as not to need help getting out of bed.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KarmaBaby3
diapernh said:
Yes my mom is well aware of my ABDL side, we share the house. Most of my wearing is for ABDL reasons. Though i do wear for stretches of 24/7 for days.

She has never offered nor have i asked for her to diaper me. Depending on my recovery and how my body acts, i could certainly find myself in the situation of wearing, especially at night so as not to need help getting out of bed.
you are in a good position then, but may have to think HOW you can diaper yourself without hurting yourself after surgery (think you will have a large incision?, that will very much limit the side movement you can do to tape up, remove it etc ..... so your mom may end up helping anyway ;) but at least it’s medical need then right?.

So I would think you are in good position .... if your mom can’t help enough and you use family instead of medical caregivers. Do you want to tell them? Or would you rather get your mom to hide the more toddler stuff (leave a few stuff ies, most people have them hidden away anyway) and just not deal with it? Which is less stressful? If you get homecare coming in - they don’t care, they are there for medical reasons and see a lot. Diapers are zero issue for them (part of their job is to change them!), and will ignore the rest (If they even notice).

My mom is experienced in changing people, she worked in a nursing home for years. In the hospital i will have my black teddy bear (see my avatar) with me, too hell with what others may think.

I am going to work when i have spare time on cleaning and organizing my bedroom so it is more accessible to somebody helping me

Reactions: KarmaBaby3 and BobbiSueEllen
What you are planning, cleaning the room up and making it a little less toddler style sounds like a good option. As for the diapers and a few stuffed animals no big deal. If wearing diapers allows you to sleep then I would recommend it so as you noted you don't have to ask for help in the middle of the night.

The main thing is that you take care of yourself so that your recovery isn't hampered. Your healing is more important than what someone else thinks about what underwear you wear and or if you have stuffies in your room.

Back