Things you have kept from the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.

forevernick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There is one item I still have that was given to me when I was two years old. It is a blanket. It isn't a baby blanket, but instead, a very thin light blue blanket that is really soft.

P1010797b.jpg

How about you guys? Do you still have something you've had since the beginning?

Yes! I have a bright pink fluffy Barbie blanket from the 90s.
Love it to death and still just as fluffy as the day I got it. Surprised it never got matted over the years. I've slept with it almost every night to this day and it's never had a single tear on me besides the seams on the ends coming undone.

Quick little sowing job and it's like it never happened :eek:

I kept my two stuffies Nana (monkey) and Bruce (dog) :D

i still have my doctors baby book that has hand written instructions to my mom for my care. Unfortunately, I don't recall any attachment to things in my earliest years. I will have to search my memories more to see what I can recall.

I still have all my plushies and baby blanket. My parents don't even mind it :3. Course as my mom puts it, as long as I stay a good person and don't do drugs etc, she doesn't care what I do.

I have bangles my stuffed dog, was given to me the day I was born

I has Tyler, my bear plush/blankie who I had since I a baby.

As if I haven't said it enough, I've had my stuffed bunny "Mr. Bunny" since shortly after my birth in 1995. That's why he's so special to me and why I keep talking about him here.

I have a few thing from when I was little one is a pull string bugs bunny

I still have my American Flyer train set from when I was about 4 years old. My dad would set them up in December and he and I would play with them. It's one of my fondest memories of him. He was a kind and gentle soul.

Nope - don't have anything from when I was a baby or toddler.

I think the oldest thing I own is a hammer (real, not a toy) that I got for a birthday or Christmas. I still use it.

Somewhere at my parents house there is a handmade stuffie that's animal shaped from when I was newborn, its name it patches because it is literally square patches of random cloth patterns sewn together. Any other 80's babies remember pound puppies? I have one of those too but I can't remember his name.

The oldest thing that I have is a pound puppy. Christmas of 85 my grandparents got my brother a pound puppy and me a pound purrie because they were geared toward girls. I have never been a fan of cats and I threw a bit of a fit. I was very young and when you are that age you know nothing about gratitude and being happy just because you were thought of. The next time I stayed with them when I went up to my bedroom there was a brown pound puppy named brownie sitting there with a bow on his collar waiting for me. He is the largest size they come in and I have had him ever since. So not since birth but a few years after. He is my main comfort when I'm sick and my longest truest friend.

My white teddy bear (which I later named Amelia) was a keeper from _my_ birth onward.

None of these are currently in my apartment, but they're still somewhere at my parents' house ...

I have my original baby blanket, which looks something like this. Of course, it's been well-loved and therefore, doesn't look as pristine. :p

My favorite stuffed animal growing up was, not surprisingly, a stuffed bunny. She was white with a green frilly bonnet and a green/pink dress and pants. Really girly - I have no idea why my parents let me drag it around so much ...

Somewhere in storage I believe I the first teddy bear I owned it was a gift from my uncle who bought it in December of 1980, for my first Christmas I used to call him big tedd because of the fact he was bigger than me he had movable arms and legs and button eyes this was before European Safety Laws so the toy wouldn't be suitable for children nowadays although back then he was the closest I had to a Best-friend because I was at that time an only child.

I also believe that mum kept some of my baby cloths for posterity so far as I know and they may be in storage somewhere in our house but the coolest thing of all from 36 years ago is that we still have my babies first Christmas ornament which is designed to look like a set of shelves shaped like a Christmas tree and a now faded printed cotton and fabric ball-bon which has just ledgable the words Wishing you a Magical Christmas on one side which was from 1983 when I was between the ages of 2-3 years of age which was bought from Disney land when I first went there in and has a picture of Mikey Mouse in a outfit simillar to the one from the animated movie Fantasia with the movies poster print on the other side although later renamed and remade as the sorcerers appreciate in 2010.

There's also a album with my photos of me as a baby in the time period from 1980-1984 when I was living with my pearents in the Cayman islands.

Although it's not that I am sentimental or anything it's just that I enjoy the memories that come with those items because they are a part of my history.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

I don't have anything like this, and it's something that's made me feel sad and/or inadequate since I was an older child. I never had a favorite doll or blankie or anything that I got attached to. Both of my sisters did. I don't know why that never happened for me! I've never met another adult who hasn't had a special thing from childhood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh I still got my teddy from when I was 2 he's called billy and he's a puppet bear and he's reeeeeaaaaly cuddly he's my comfort teddy I like him cuddled into my shoulder

The only thing I have left is my grandma's "birth certificate" which she knitted and put in a frame. Don't ever know what happened to the clifford plush I had, and I unfortunately snipped up my baby blanket in 2010 to use it in homemade diapers when I started experimenting with this fetish. I get depressed every time I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back