Status
Not open for further replies.

Butterscotch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I'm living in knoxville for a month and wanted to know what things to try while I'm here that are just in the south and I wouldn't get anywhere else.

I've already tried Cracker Barrel, Chick Fil A, and Hardee's (which to my extreme disappointment is nothing like Carl's Jr) but what else should I try?

I'm open to any and all suggestions unless they involve alcoholic/lascivious establishments, I don't do those. And I'm only 20. And on a budget.

Heheh, I wouldn't call Cracker Barrel, Chik-Fil-A, or Hardee's southern. We have them all in Pennsylvania, although Hardee's isn't as common as places like McDonald's or Burger King.

I vacation down there (Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg) about once a year or so. The whole area is just awesome. If you don't mind the drive (about 45min to 1 hour), Pigeon Forge has a Hard Rock Cafe and just north of Pigeon Forge is The Apple Barn. Both places can get kind of pricey but they are definitely an experience.

Get yerself some boiled peanuts and get out and hike son. Yer right near the smokey mountains. It kin be downright chilly up there yonder even in the summer. Lots of camp'n, hik'n, bik'n, raft'n, spelunk'n...you name it. Hik'n don't cost nothin.

Butterscotch said:
Hardee's (which to my extreme disappointment is nothing like Carl's Jr)
How does it compare?Carl's Jr is one of my favorite chains! In and out burger beats them all though.

If you can find some barbecue, definitely try that. Smoked ribs and Country ham should be experienced.

edit: When I first saw the post title, I thought what now! Someone wants to know what they can do with their penis?!!!! I'm glad it was about Knoxville....haha.

dogboy said:
When I first saw the post title, I thought what now! Someone wants to know what they can do with their penis?!!!! I'm glad it was about Knoxville....haha.

muff-diving was my first thought :biggrin:
and then i thought, 'maybe he want's a wee lassy?' which suddenly turned sour upon remembrance of The Knoxville Girl:
I met a little girl in Knoxville
A town we all know well
And every Sunday evening
Out in her home I'd dwell

We went to take an evening walk
About a mile from town
I picked a stick up off the ground
And knocked that fair girl down

She fell down on her bended knees
For mercy she did cry
Oh, Willie dear, don't kill me here
I'm unprepared to die

She never spoke another word
I only beat her more
Until the ground around me
Within her blood did flow

I took her by her golden curls
And I drug her 'round and 'round
Throwing her into the river
That flows through Knoxville town

Go down, go down, you Knoxville girl
With the dark and roving eyes
You can never be my bride

I started back to Knoxville
Got there about midnight
My mother she was worried
And woke up in a fright

Saying, "Dear son, what have you done
To bloody your clothes so?"
I told my anxious mother
I was bleeding at my nose

I called for me a candle
To light myself to bed
I called for me a handkerchief
To bind my aching head

Rolled and tumbled the whole night through
As troubles was for me
Like flames of hell around my bed
And in my eyes could see

They carried me down to Knoxville
And put me in a cell
My friends all tried to get me out
But none could go my bail

I'm here to waste my life away
Down in this dirty old jail
Because I murdered that Knoxville girl
The girl I loved so well

Experiment626 said:
How does it compare?Carl's Jr is one of my favorite chains! In and out burger beats them all though.

As a burger, it's fine I guess, tastes good and as gourmet as a fast food burger is gonna get. Only thing higher up than that is In N Out, but nobody comes close to that.

In comparison to Carls Jr., it sucks. It doesn't compare at all, and Carl's Jr beats it in a heartbeat.

For those of you who haven't tried Carl's Jr yet, DO IT. It's so much better

- - - Updated - - -

ade said:
and then i thought, 'maybe he want's a wee lassy?' which suddenly turned sour upon remembrance of The Knoxville Girl:
A town we all know well
And every Sunday evening

About a mile from town

For mercy she did cry
I'm unprepared to die

I only beat her more

Got there about midnight
And woke up in a fright

I told my anxious mother

I called for me a candle
To light myself to bed
To bind my aching head

As troubles was for me
And in my eyes could see

And put me in a cell

The girl I loved so well

A bit of a negative tune, why did he do that to her? It seems kinda out of the blue for a murder.

- - - Updated - - -

Spaz said:
Get yerself some boiled peanuts and get out and hike son. Yer right near the smokey mountains. It kin be downright chilly up there yonder even in the summer. Lots of camp'n, hik'n, bik'n, raft'n, spelunk'n...you name it. Hik'n don't cost nothin.

Actually I'm going fishin tomorrow, that should be fun, though I wish I could go hunting But idk the seasons and rules and stuff. Stupid liberal laws :p

- - - Updated - - -

Spaz said:

Actually I'm going fishin tomorrow, that should be fun, though I wish I could go hunting But idk the seasons and rules and stuff. Stupid liberal laws :p

When in the south, you must enjoy some Waffle House.
I never saw one in New Yuck or Warshington! They don't have them in Hawaii ... and I'm pretty sure Waffle House doesn't exist in Maine.
By all means, have some breakfast. They serve it ALL day long. Hashbrowns are real good there too. Don't try an order Pepsi. They have Coke products :/

since you're only but 20 ... I'll leave my suggestin' to Waffle House.
hope you enjoy your stay in the South :D

Pigeon Forge is a fun little mountain tourist town... thing. My family is from Chattanooga, and we vacation up there/Sevierville once a year or so. The Apple Barn is pretty tasty, it's true. There're a lot of cute little places to get breakfast, little Church of God pancake houses and the like.
The Gatlinburg strip is a pretty common tourist attraction. So is the aquarium. Can't say much in regards to Knoxville specifically, though. Have fun down South! We love visitors :p

ade said:
A town we all know well
And every Sunday evening

About a mile from town

For mercy she did cry
I'm unprepared to die

I only beat her more

Got there about midnight
And woke up in a fright

I told my anxious mother

I called for me a candle
To light myself to bed
To bind my aching head

As troubles was for me
And in my eyes could see

And put me in a cell

The girl I loved so well

See, it's songs like this that makes me want to go back and pick up the guitar again. What could be better: a relaxing lyric and a jaunty guitar tune.

alfredanthony said:
When in the south, you must enjoy some Waffle House.
I never saw one in New Yuck or Warshington! They don't have them in Hawaii ... and I'm pretty sure Waffle House doesn't exist in Maine.
By all means, have some breakfast. They serve it ALL day long. Hashbrowns are real good there too. Don't try an order Pepsi. They have Coke products :/

since you're only but 20 ... I'll leave my suggestin' to Waffle House.
hope you enjoy your stay in the South :D

Oh yes you're right, I have been meaning to try Waffle House but don't know where it is. But yeah breakfast is my favorite meal so that does intrigue me

- - - Updated - - -

417PlacesToGo said:
Pigeon Forge is a fun little mountain tourist town... thing. My family is from Chattanooga, and we vacation up there/Sevierville once a year or so. The Apple Barn is pretty tasty, it's true. There're a lot of cute little places to get breakfast, little Church of God pancake houses and the like.
The Gatlinburg strip is a pretty common tourist attraction. So is the aquarium. Can't say much in regards to Knoxville specifically, though. Have fun down South! We love visitors :p

I'll try to find those places, and yes you're right, everyone down here has been so welcoming and nice to me, I wanna move here when I'm done with school. It's so peaceful and everything is close by and easy to find. Everyone here thinks I'm cool!

It's hard for me to say what things you should try. Every area in the South is different in things to do and enjoy. Things will even vary from area to area inside of States. Hopefully there is someone local to you, that will be able to answer. Some of the "southern" things that I do in my part of the State, would be looked at with confusion in other areas of my State.

Butterscotch said:
I've already tried Cracker Barrel, Chick Fil A, and Hardee's (which to my extreme disappointment is nothing like Carl's Jr).
OMG Hardees pissed me off so much! I was really looking forward to 'basically Carl's Jr'. UGH! :p

Gonna second the suggestion for Waffle House <3

This is not the topic I was expecting by the title. LOL

I'll third Waffle House. Didn't realize it was so rare. There seems to be at least one in every medium sized town in Ohio. The hash browns are good, especially getting them "all the way" with the gravy and chili.

CharliePup said:
OMG Hardees pissed me off so much! I was really looking forward to 'basically Carl's Jr'. UGH! :p

Gonna second the suggestion for Waffle House <3

Is Carl's Jr. really that much better than Hardee's? I don't think I've ever been past one. The first time I had Hardee's (there's none in my immediate area), I really liked it. The last few times, I dunno, it might not have been as good, but it's kinda hard to remember.

Aren't they the same company? I live in Louisiana and I have seen both. Fast food is fast food. I'd you want southern taste,Look up the area and find the best local place to go.

If you ever come to Louisiana, all you have to do is sniff the air and Jerry your nose lead you somewhere. It just might be your neighbor's house though.

Butterscotch said:
As a burger, it's fine I guess, tastes good and as gourmet as a fast food burger is gonna get. Only thing higher up than that is In N Out, but nobody comes close to that.

In comparison to Carls Jr., it sucks. It doesn't compare at all, and Carl's Jr beats it in a heartbeat.

For those of you who haven't tried Carl's Jr yet, DO IT. It's so much better
I love the #8!

- - - Updated - - -

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I have seen both..
thats weird,I have never seen a Hardee's out in in California.

SqueezeBox said:
This is not the topic I was expecting by the title. LOL

Me either. I don't think I have an inherently dirty mind. In this case, I'd say it was due to the use of quotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back