Not open for further replies.

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Alright, so as a driver that just attained my license, I'm PROBABLY not one to talk since I'm an 'inexperienced driver' or whatnot, but NEVERTHELESS, I've already come up with a bunch of things that really chap my ass about driving.

1. There's ALWAYS, ALWAYS that dude doing 10 under who's GOT to be in front of you.
2. On the highway there's always that ONE dude you get stuck behind who's riding the brakes.
3. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I've been tailgated for a few miles and then when the guy got an opportunity to pass me he did so and then slowed to like 5 under.
4. People who see you coming so, instead of letting you pass, they must merge/turn/switch lanes/pass faster, because you know, driving's a race.
5. Showoffs. People at lights who have one hand on the window, one hand on the wheel, their seats unnaturally laid back, and they're looking at you with an "I dare you, bitch." smirk on their face.

I can't say I'm the perfect driver, though. Ha, far from it. I get open stretches of road and put the pedal all the way down, I merge and switch lanes and forget blinkers, I stop short on people who tailgate. I'll speed up on people who try to pass me... So maybe it's karma? Either way, karma or law of attraction or none of the above. It pisses me off. Driving is such a pleasure, yet such a burden. Anyone wanna take a crack at adding to the list?

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I can't say I do have any of those pet hates. The one thing that annoys me most about some drivers is the way they act towards cyclists. I cycle more than I drive, and when I do drive I'm very conscious of them, however not many drivers are.

It sounds like you need to calm down a bit on the road, both in yourself, and towards other people.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
1. There's ALWAYS, ALWAYS that dude doing 10 under who's GOT to be in front of you.
2. On the highway there's always that ONE dude you get stuck behind who's riding the brakes.
3. I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I've been tailgated for a few miles and then when the guy got an opportunity to pass me he did so and then slowed to like 5 under.
4. People who see you coming so, instead of letting you pass, they must merge/turn/switch lanes/pass faster, because you know, driving's a race.
5. Showoffs. People at lights who have one hand on the window, one hand on the wheel, their seats unnaturally laid back, and they're looking at you with an "I dare you, bitch." smirk on their face.

I can't say I'm the perfect driver, though. Ha, far from it. I get open stretches of road and put the pedal all the way down, I merge and switch lanes and forget blinkers, I stop short on people who tailgate. I'll speed up on people who try to pass me... So maybe it's karma? Either way, karma or law of attraction or none of the above. It pisses me off. Driving is such a pleasure, yet such a burden. Anyone wanna take a crack at adding to the list?

Yeah.... not a good thing when you do the same stuff your getting pissed off about.

Anyways that guy who drives maybe 10 mph less then everyone else could possibly be scared of driving, have his car loaded down with weight or is transporting something fragile, a wedding cake for instance. That guy riding the brakes on the highway, simply pass him.

Being tailgated then the person passing you and the slowing down in front of you is a dick move. The solution however is totally simple. Pull off the road for a min, or 5. They have area's for car's to turn off into for fixing a problem or taking a really quick break. (Not the emergency lane, but like 40-60 yard areas covered in gravel usually.... no not runaway truck ramps either.)

You admitted to doing #4, please stop doing it and be one less problem on the road?

5. Let the showoff's be showoffs. they'll likely hit a pot hole while not steering, and crash into a tree. Darwin is still alive in some respects.

CuddleWoozle

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
People who ride in 'packs' on the road.

Or who think that they always have to go ninety. Especially on the curving, hilly roads in my area...and in the winter on ice.

Obviously I can't control other people, but those are the ones I watch out for when I'm driving so I can keep in mind that I may have to account for their accidents. Defensive driving FTW.

MixyNyxi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Eh, driving is one small pleasure of mine. Especially when it is warm-ish and I can roll down the windows and cruise. The good part about being here is the nice backroads that absolutely no one is on late at night. Twisty and neat to drive on. Now I just need a better car to do so in. I'm thinking black sports car with red leather interior. Heck yeah. A blue Ford Focus really doesn't add much to the driving experience, in either performance or driving enjoyability.

Anyway, I can agree with at least going the speed limit. I'm not advocating speeding at all, but going below the posted limit, especially on a one lane road, is really annoying if you don't have a good reason to do so.

As far as showoffs, people speeding up, tailgaters, etc., I shake my head at them sometimes, but they don't bother me too much, as long as I can get around them or just ignore them. People acting like morons especially, as long as they are doing their moronic thing in a way that doesn't affect me or others. In order to not be frustrated every single time you take to the wheel, you need to learn to just let some of that stuff go, since the number of idiotic drivers far outweighs the decent ones (at least in the USA. Can't speak for other countries). You don't have to be a professional stunt driver, but at least pay attention to the basics and be at least a little polite.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I think the real irritation is people who don't follow right of way, then honk at me when I take my turn. The other one is my mother screaming "brakes, brakes BRAKES BRAKES!!!!" And I'm like WOMAN! and she's like "My car, my rules >:| "

aydensboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think the real irritation is people who don't follow right of way, then honk at me when I take my turn. The other one is my mother screaming "brakes, brakes BRAKES BRAKES!!!!" And I'm like WOMAN! and she's like "My car, my rules >:| "

hmm.. she is just worried, probably more about the car than your driving (although they are both the same thing really...)
do you pay the car payments, insurance, and gas? ever had to deal with an insurance claim and repair?

I'm not saying she isn't being unreasonable or anything, but i can sympathize with her feelings. I was the same way when my wife was learning to drive (she didn't get her license until 25), and i still dont like to be the passenger. was $$ as hell, but i was quite happy to send her off to driver training and let her learn in a vehicle that wasn't mine, and that i didnt have to sit in!
and then there is the shock of insurance cost when a new driver enters the household... sigh.

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little

Dude, Oh my God. You have no idea how I relate to that. That sounds almost verbatim to every single time I'm in the car with my mom. Hahahaha

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Hmm. It seems I'm tardy to the party, (or this thread).
I'm also a new driver, I've been driving for 3 Months now, (plus the 6, with a permit) and a Lot of things get me angry.

1) When I'm actually driving the speed limit, and the dumb-ass tailgating me, as if to say "hey, idiot, drive faster", then when I turn, he speeds up quite a but.
2) That guy who turns on his turn signal, and leaves it on for 3 blocks, and eventually turns it off.
3) The guy who can see the exact same parking spot you can, and steals it.
4) Not even to mention the slow drivers (although that's usually me :p)

That is all I can think of

ImNotHere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Here are a few things that piss me off while driving;
1. People who veer into other lanes. I don't care if it's by an inch or a foot, don't do it unless you have to.
2. People driving 10 mph or more below the speed limit when there are no cars in front of them and no weather hazards.
3. People who inch out into the middle of an intersection during a red light.
4. People who don't respect the right of way.
5. Left turn lights that don't turn green. There are a few camera enforced left turn red lights near me that I have personally been stuck at where even though all other lanes in all other directions got the green light multiple times my left lane never did.

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
One thing that I loath is when people neglect to signal whether they're in or coming out of a roundabout. I'm a very safe and collected driver, I often let other cars pass me or get ahead, but when I have to slow down before a roundabout, stand on the brakes, unsure of the motif for the cars in the oncoming traffic, wait, and then the smug bastard changes into the turnoff before my lane. That just irks me.

TheFamousMrEd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I Use to get mad at all these things too! than I witnessed the best Karma ever and realize Karma exists.

I was driving home from work and this guy cut me off dont know how he didn't hit me. I was yelling cussing all that and finaly I'm like ok calm down. 2 miles up the road I see an object in one of the lanes spinning. As I approached the thing it stopped spinning and I gently swerved around it and saw it was an axe. 1/4 mile later guess who was on the side of the road with TWO blown out tires !!!

After that day I never get mad for more than five seconds remember this story and all is well. Also remember Karma applies to YOU too so if you do those things you might hit an axe!

Serendiapity

Still Kovy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Just a few:
- Idiots at stop signs who don't understand how a 4-way stop works.
- Bikers who think...
-They're cars. You're not a car... use the damn bike lane/sidewalk if you can.
-Even worse, that they're exempt from the rules of the road. I have had several ones cut to the front of the line at traffic lights, and this pisses me off. Very much.
- People who either don't signal or leave it on after they turn or change lanes.
- People who drive slowly in the left lane.
- Anybody who thinks that they're cool by either blasting bad music or not using a muffler.

Shinxy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
I just got my permit a month or so ago, so I probably haven't gotten to see the worst of it.
But, in like the 6 hours I have logged, I hate the following:

1: People who ride like a few inches behind me. This is very concerning for me 'cause I'm not the best on breaks... ya, I can stop well and on the white line, but I don't want the guy to back into me and somehow it be my fault x.x
2: Drivers who pull out WAAAAY too late. My brother was with me while I was just starting to go in the 60's, and was telling me that I do not have to slow down for a four way if I'm on the side without the stop sign. I just keep on driving and this person just JETS out of the road and I almost slam on the breaks, which I'm not really good with yet.
3: People smoking in the car. I need all the concentration I can get, and having my father light up a cigarette while I'm going along really curvy roads does not help.
4: Big hills. Screw you, momentum.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah.... not a good thing when you do the same stuff your getting pissed off about.

Anyways that guy who drives maybe 10 mph less then everyone else could possibly be scared of driving, have his car loaded down with weight or is transporting something fragile, a wedding cake for instance. That guy riding the brakes on the highway, simply pass him.

Being tailgated then the person passing you and the slowing down in front of you is a dick move. The solution however is totally simple. Pull off the road for a min, or 5. They have area's for car's to turn off into for fixing a problem or taking a really quick break. (Not the emergency lane, but like 40-60 yard areas covered in gravel usually.... no not runaway truck ramps either.)

You admitted to doing #4, please stop doing it and be one less problem on the road?

5. Let the showoff's be showoffs. they'll likely hit a pot hole while not steering, and crash into a tree. Darwin is still alive in some respects.
no, if you can't do 80 (mph) then stay the fuck off the freeway, period.

Then again, I remember the good old days in Detroit wen you could pass a Michigan State Police officer with his radar gun out clocking traffic doing 95 mph and he wouldn't care, as long as your speed was under triple digits.

My pet peeve? People who forget where shit is. I drive down the Southfield Freeway in Detroit every day going to work. The Jeffries freeway is in the same fucking spot every day, yet invariably there is some fucking moron that forgets where it is and slams on their brakes in the middle lane trying to force their way over (there is no exit lantern, just a straight dump-off to the ramps). Honestly, there's McNichols, then Grand River, then Schoolcraft, then the Jeffries. It's in the same fucking spot every day people!!

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
Tailgaters. Nothing stresses me out more while driving... People using insanely bright headlights would be my second biggest pet peeve, with speeders and people that ignore right of way close behind.

Sent from my iPhone

Nihlus

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
There are a lot of things that piss me off while driving. To name a few:

1. People who drive below the speed limit for no apparent reason.
2. Cyclists who ignore stop signs.
3. People who change lanes without looking.
4. People who don't speed up on highway on-ramps.
5. People who don't use their signals or only use them after they've started changing lanes.
6. Tailgaters.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Tailgaters. Nothing stresses me out more while driving... People using insanely bright headlights would be my second biggest pet peeve, with speeders and people that ignore right of way close behind.

Sent from my iPhone

You'd never survive in Detroit then. Average following distance is slightly less than one car length on the freeway, because if you leave more, someone will move into that space. Also, Detroiters, myself included, are morally opposed to people who change lanes unless the person is going at least 10 faster than you. That's also part of why we follow so close, is to keep people from chaining lanes in front of us.

Also, it is completely common to buy a used car with all of the font still on the blinker stalk, since most people here don't use turn signals to change lanes. A couple years ago, I bought an old van that was trashed, with a blinker stalk that looked brand new.

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
To list this one, a bit of prior info is needed:
As it stands, large trucking companies are employing the use of speed limiters (governors) that restrict the maximum speed of a semi truck to 69~71mph (most private drivers/contractors don't use them, there expensive). Here in the state of Nebraska, the average interstate speed is 75mph and most motorists drive 80mph because it's common knowledge that State P. goes by a 5-over guideline. So most semis are passed quite frequently.
Now my biggest issue is when I'm going 80 down I-80 (almost ironic), there's always this one semi that can go just marginally faster than another one, and they attempt to pass. Here I am all the sudden having to go well below cruising speed and follow dick-ass for 10 miles before I even get a chance to pass the idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.