Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Regarding your little selves, or being AB/DL, or any of the unique interests that we share on this site, I would like to throw out the question, "If you knew in the past what you know now, what would you have done differently?"

I think this is a bit of a thought provoking question that I have been asking myself recently for a number of reasons. And while this question could relate to almost anything that we have done in the past, I pose it in relation to our being little and being diaper lovers or adult babies, or any of the unique interests that is based for our interests as members on this site.

For myself, the biggest thing that if I knew earlier in my life the things I know now, I would have not been so ashamed of my wanting to wear diapers and being little. This would have saved me so much heartache as I went through binge and purge and binge and purge and much self doubt and shame.

Knowing what I know now, I realize that having an interest in being AB/DL is actually something I am proud of and happy that it is part of me. --No, I am not going to go out and publicly let everyone know about it, because society as a whole doesn't understand it. But it is something that I now really do appreciate. I believe that being AB/DL makes me more kind, understanding, and overall a better person because of it. It is also something that I truly feel is not a badge of disgrace, but rather something to be proud of. --Not everybody can truly see things again as an adult as they did when they were an innocent little child, and for the most part, that is how I can view the world today.

So for me, that is perhaps the primary thing I would have done differently in regards to being ABDL that I would have done differently if I knew "then" what I know now.

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

I would have told my wife earlier. She is way more accepting of it than I expected her to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto. I would have started the journey to self acceptance long long ago and would have told my girlfriend then, now wife of 20 years to have given her a genuine choice. However we can't turn back the clocks and have to make the best of the present. Interesting question though. I look forward to seeing the replies. T3ddy

If some having seen my back story I broke my leg when I was and had a few accidents going to the toilet which forced my parents to put me back in nappies, but I stopped wearing after my cast came off..........so if I knew what I did now id love to go back 27yrs ago and tell my self to continue wearing...........as I honestly feel ive missed out on 27yrs of joy of wearing nappies.

I think looking back I wouldn't have let my former religion dictate the workings of my whole life especially my DL side in particular. I'd get these little religious spurts where I thought that the will of god was for me to follow a checklist of rules to the point where even thinking of DL matters would lead me to sin or whatever u wanna call it. I shed that former life and I'm now focused on this one. Besides we're all on this earth for too short of a time as it is so I figured that I might as well use the time I have and be happy even if society puts its proverbial nose up at the lifestyle. I just wish I would have learned to trust myself and get my own answers far earlier than letting others provide them for me.

Like others, I would have told my wife from the very beginning, but of course, I didn't know then what I now know. I also would have defended myself more to my mom when she found my stuff.

I would have said Yes when the Montessori school asked my parents to enroll me in Kindergarten when I was three. They asked me, and I said I wanted to stay with my friends. Sigh. I would have been in college at 12, instead of starting horrible public school.

I would have called my Grandparents and asked them to take me in.
I would have persisted when I asked to be allowed to learn music when I was 7, instead of just taking No for an answer.
I would have persisted when I chose to continue in private school after 6th grade, and they said no.
I would have never moved to Georgia when my mother moved down there.
I would have told someone about the things that needed to be said, even if it meant being taken away from my parents.

There's a million things I would have done.

The question actually brings more pain and regrets the more deeply I think about it, so I'm going to stop thinking about it now.

Thanks for asking, though.

I can think of a million things I would go back and tell my past self. But if I'm just sticking to the topic of ABDL, I would've mainly just gone back and told my past self that being an ABDL is OK, it's not wrong, you're not alone, there are plenty of other ABDLs, they're nice and fun people, and saved myself 5 years of trying to fight these feelings and failing miserably, because trying to fight these ABDL urges is only hurting you.

I'm with everyone else about the whole accepting it thing. Thinking back on it, I think on some level I knew what I was but was scared to admit it. Some of that fear manifested in some pretty negative ways as far as interacting with others in the internet, e.g. I often went out of my way to mess with furries whenever I came across them.

Semi related to that, I'd love to go back in time and slap myself for just generally being a dick. While I still kind of pride myself on my ability to mess with people, I definitely had a tendency to not know when to stop when I was younger.

Bought more plastic pants (we called them rubbers) - they're like gold dust on ebay, the labeled 1980's ones anyway!

I would have started to wear diapers to bed sooner.

Doshy said:
I would have said Yes when the Montessori school asked my parents to enroll me in Kindergarten when I was three. They asked me, and I said I wanted to stay with my friends. Sigh. I would have been in college at 12, instead of starting horrible public school.

Oh wow I thought that was just a local school name, it must be a "franchise" of sorts? I enrolled in early kindergarden there and was learning how to read, (Montessori is excellent!) then I got transferred to public preschool the next year because the schools wouldn't take me due to my age, regardless of my skills. I'd forgotten how to read by the time I started first grade because all we did is play games and paint etc, we didn't learn anything. My mom was super pissed at the preschool.

This question is pretty vast for me on my end of things because a ton of crap went wrong in my life and a lot that was not within my control. Now, I assume I can't decide to change things that would have been out of my control, only change what I specifically do. Like, I couldn't say, prevent my father from doing what he did to my sister ... as at the time I was like 3 years old. So keeping that in mind ...

... I suppose the first thing I would have done differently is tell someone about all the physical and mental abuse we where being put through. We did once say we where going to call child services, and we where threatened not to. Should have done it anyway, I think that is what I for sure would have done differently. I would have much preferred being taken away from my parents by child services as anything would have been better than living with them.

Second is actually tried in school and done all my homework. I did skip 8th grade, but I imagine if I had taken school more seriously than I did, I probably could have skipped a whole lot more grades than that, much earlier too. I never really studied because I never really needed to and was often satisfied with some A's and B's when I probably could have easily gotten straight A's. I even eventually sort of gave up and stopped going to classes and started failing cause I hated school so much, it just felt so pointless and boring. Too easy and always doing the same crap over and over again.

Third is I would have spoken up about being transgender.

I think these are really the main things, i'm sure I can come up with quite an extensive list if I wanted, but felt it's best to keep it short.

For me it’s more opportunity missed than “what I know now”. At the time it didn’t cross my mind, but I wish as a child when my bed-wetting tapered off & stopped I would have begun to purposely wet the bed. Not every night, but often enough to keep the rubber sheet on my bed leaving the door open for more and more “accidents”. At the time I was doing a fair amount of purposeful wetting, but only in secret when home alone. Feigned nocturnal accidents would have been so much better.

Stock up on the old Goodnites when they were in stores so I could sell them decades later for a huge profit. :)

been more open with my mom about it, when I still had a chance to ask her things.''

Hit all the super freshess in my area when they went out of business and stocked up on the depends at 10 dollars and still were made in America.

Found a dentist when I had insurance, mastered that stuff for the icdn1 before the format change.

Stocked up on Walmart briefs back when they still had those awesome plastic ones with the nice big tapes and standing leg guards.

Drove Slower on a rainy day after Christmas going to work.

Not tossed out all those diapers in the past.

Went back to that Asian market that sold a bunch of diapers I'm pretty sure came from alababa or whatever that site was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back