Things Everyone Should Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Similar to my thread about movies you should see before you die. This one is where you have things that people should learn/do/see/whatever before they die. Try to be specific/unique.

I need to put some thought into this one.

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
At first I put 'bungee jump' but then I realized that's not practical for many. Although, one thing I highly recommend is seeing an ocean and spending time on the beach. Everyone deserves that at least once.

My life's wish is to go to Antarctica, I have no idea why though.

F

Falkio

If at first you don't suceed, skydiving is not for you...

Everyone should try that at least once.

A

Asher

I think its personal choice really; it depends on the individual and what each one of us wants to see/hear/do in our lives.

Personally, I think it would be really cool to see Jerusalem to see the city that serves as the base of the Abrahamic religions. A road trip through Europe would be pretty good too.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Shoot a fully automatic weapon. Don't knock it until you've tried it.

Role
  1. Other

Ummmmm- No.

Visit the greatest natural or man made thing you can get too. Some examples:
Yellowstone National Park
The Grand Canyon
Ayer's Rock
The Great Barrier Reef
Banff National Park
The Eiffel Tower
The Great Wall of China
Machu Pichu
What ever you can get to, it will be worth it.

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Go to prison.

Did it, it was one of the best times of my life.

-Spin fire poi
-Learn to juggle
-Do a humanitarian mission, I would suggest traveling as a clown, but I'm biased.
-Find the poorest people in the world, realize they are happier than you are, and try to figure out why.
-Gank some noobs on WoW
-Memorize poetry, and recite in loudly and openly in public.
-Kiss people of both sexes and genders.
-Change the world.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Watch Benny & Joon and go see all the B&J locations in Spokane.

Role
  1. Incontinent
Drive a classic car around for an hour or two. I believe there would be more people that would appreciate them if they had a chance to experience one personally.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
For those who live in the rat race of the east coast (POJO - this means you too) spend at least 2 weeks on the Pacific Ocean Coastlands - Oregon Coast and in the less populated areas of British Columbia, Washington and Oregon. High on my list is the Olympic Peninsula and the Olympic National Park. Mt. Rainier (actually one should experience all the mountains in the cascade range). Crater Lake and the volcanic features of Eastern Oregon.

For myself, I want to spend two weeks in the lands of my Viking heritage, particularly Norway. I want to tour the castles, cathedrals and sites of Northern Europe. I want to visit the Holocaust Memorial and stand in Aushwitz and cry. I want to go to the opera houses of Germany where Mendhelson, Wagner and Carl Orff performed their great and epic operas. I want to see the great art of the world at the astounding Art museums in Europe.

Posted later that same day:

Butterfly Mage - Your post on "Things Everyone Should Do" was interesting. You are or will be a hopeless mystic.

My wife and I want to visit the (pre-christian) sacred sites (pools, wells, henges, circles) in England: Stonehenge, Glastonbury Tor, Chalice Well, Avebury, Silbury Hill, Crop Circles
and Ireland: Newgrange, the Hill of Tara, Druid Stone Circles, Skellig Michael, Holy Wells, Ring of Kerry for the same reason.

Last edited:

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
-Spin fire poi
-Learn to juggle

i LOVE firepoi! Ever tried to use those juggling balls that you can light? Ouchies :( hehe

This is really good timing Pojo. I've got a list of over 50 things that I want to do in my life, and every month or two I read through it, and if I can tick something off, and maybe add something else. I was just doing it before I came on here.

Some of the things on my list are really daring, like skydiving or hot air ballooning (scary stuff, for me), but other things are just silly, like memorise a poem, be in a play, or run through a field into a lovers arms.

And you know what? I hope I never finish my list till my dying day, because without something to aim for, what's the point?

:D

B

Butterfly Mage

I'd like to visit Ireland. Supposedly there are places there where the veil between the physical and spirit realms are fairly thin. I'd like to know what it feels like to stand in one of the "thin" places at sunrise or sunset.

Status
Not open for further replies.