Thickness of Abena X-plus vs Bambino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Someone here was wondering about the thickness of Abena X-plus vs Bambino. I couldn't find the original thread... so I made one.

See below image for comparison.

X-plusvsBambino.jpg

That being said... the Bambino does absorb more IMO.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
You really think so?

I find the low-rise fit of the Bambinos to me more to my liking... and I really think that the inner lining on the Bambino is much softer than the Abena. Plus I don't have tape problems with the Bambinos like I do with the Abenas.

Role
  1. Private
This is really good information. Before my last purchase, I was deciding between these two diapers. I went with the Abenas and don't regret it whatsoever.

Any chance this could go into the wiki somewhere?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I prefer the fit and comfortableness of bambino over xpluses any day of the week.
I dont like the feel of those rolls in the xplus diapers.

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
Doesn't the Bambino absorb faster because of the material and also thats why its thinner?

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Thanks Darkfinn. I'm not sure about absorbency wise...but as far as comfort, the Bambinos are much more comfortable in my opinion.

S

Secret

IS the Abena X plus plastic backed? Because im pretty sure that the Bambinos are plastic backed.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
IS the Abena X plus plastic backed? Because im pretty sure that the Bambinos are plastic backed.
yes, both are plastic backed.

I like a diaper that fits high, slightly above my belly button. I also prefer more bulk to faster absorbing. There is nothing like a nice thick diaper between your legs.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Now if only I had money, my own place, and a credit card. *long sigh*

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Can you compare a Bambino to Abri-form... If you have any

That would be amazing! Thanks!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
You really think so?

I find the low-rise fit of the Bambinos to me more to my liking... and I really think that the inner lining on the Bambino is much softer than the Abena. Plus I don't have tape problems with the Bambinos like I do with the Abenas.

I would much prefer X-plus for in the house wearing, bambino can be useful for wearing on the go. also I don't think X-plus has that big of a taping problem, at least when you compare it to Dry 24/7.

They are both great diapers though, the two best in my views. so you can't go wrong on either one.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Thanks for the nice comparison image, Darkfinn. I've never used either of these brands, but I would like to. Especially Bambino, since a lot of people seem to like them.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
Here's the deal, to my understanding: because of how tightly Bambinos are packaged, they are more "compressed." Once you rub them out some and "fluff" them up a bit, they're highly comparable.

I never liked the hard plastic of the Super X-Plus...the Bambinos are much softer, though not as soft as the old Attends with the blue tapes. Those were the best diapers EVER. God, I miss them.

So for my money, the Bambinos are a superior product to the Abenas, just because of comfort and...damn, those baby blocks are cute on the front of them. lol

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Yeah, Bambinos FTW completely! Although the occasionally super-thick Abenas X-Plus is alright from time to time. ;) Jabo needs Bambinos!!!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Can you compare a Bambino to Abri-form... If you have any

That would be amazing! Thanks!

Abena = Abri-form... FYI.

Abena: Manufacturer of the diapers.

Abri-form: Specific product line name.

Most folks use the two terms interchangably.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Here's the deal, to my understanding: because of how tightly Bambinos are packaged, they are more "compressed." Once you rub them out some and "fluff" them up a bit, they're highly comparable.

The thickness doesn't compare because the Abenas are also highly compressed. If you fluff them out, they are even thicker than the Bambinos. I agree that the Bambinos have a softer plastic backing and inner liner.

Abena = Abri-form... FYI.

Abena: Manufacturer of the diapers.

Abri-form: Specific product line name.

Most folks use the two terms interchangably.

Quite right, but Abri-Form also applies to all of the different thicknesses including Super and X-Plus. The X-Plus are pictured.

Status
Not open for further replies.