There Is No Such Thing as Size 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Alright, this isn't a 'whar can i git thems pampers sise 7!!!111' post.

I have tried sizes 4-6 over the years, and just recently I finally gotten size 6 and 7.

Here's the little joke: Pampers merely sized everything down, making the size sixes size fives, and the size sevens size sixes. It's the most ingenious scam in the diaper industry!

-P.I.

D

daria7483

I'd heard this as well. But when I bought some Pampers size 7 last year, I compared them to a size 6 that I'd gotten a couple of years earlier, and the 7 was definitely bigger. Still, it seems like the six had shrunk since the days when I used to almost be able to wear them back when they first came out in the late 90's. Or maybe I've just gotten that much fatter.

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd heard this as well. But when I bought some Pampers size 7 last year, I compared them to a size 6 that I'd gotten a couple of years earlier, and the 7 was definitely bigger. Still, it seems like the six had shrunk since the days when I used to almost be able to wear them back when they first came out in the late 90's. Or maybe I've just gotten that much fatter.
Well...there you go.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes I had bought 6's in the past, and I figured a 7 would fit me better No Way they seem to be the same to me.

It's just like putting NEW and IMPROVED on a package some people will buy it to see if there is a difference, I fell for that on depends someone said they were better, so I tried them SOS, (Same Old S**T).

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Does it really matter? Hardly any of us fit in size 7, even if it was the real size 7 we would still not fit in it. Pampers are expensive diapers according to a lot of mums, everyone knows that, and there's nothing you can do about it because it's just an established brand. Brand names always get away with charging huge prices. I mean, pampers is SO established the word "pamper" is in the Belgian dictionary and it's their word for "diaper"!

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I bought some pampers crusers size 7's a while back and they don't seam muck bigger then the size 6's to me.
if their going to make a size 7 make it noticably larger then the size 6.

soxfan08

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
The sixes defenitely got smaller after they came out with the seven. There were no 7s at the store I was buying so I went with the 6s, and they didn't fit as well as they used to.

Possibly Insane

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Baby Dry runs much bigger, actually. I wish I had gotten those instead...Ah, the world of marketing...

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I have noticed since they 1980's most baby and adult diapers have gotten small and thinner.
while the wearers have gotten bigger.
shouldn't the diapers be getting bigger too. insted of smaller?
what are these diaper companies thinking?
make bigger diapers!! not smaller ones!!!

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
I agree completely. They just make an extra size every so often, and trim-fit them down so that they can get more money out of customers who have to buy another size so often.

Yeah, you need to compare them to the early 90s ones...When disposables were at their best of all time.

Does it really matter? Hardly any of us fit in size 7, even if it was the real size 7 we would still not fit in it. Pampers are expensive diapers according to a lot of mums, everyone knows that, and there's nothing you can do about it because it's just an established brand. Brand names always get away with charging huge prices. I mean, pampers is SO established the word "pamper" is in the Belgian dictionary and it's their word for "diaper"!
It does matter to a lot of AB/TBs, don't be so harsh. Some people would rather them since they're easier to acquire and make them feel a lot more babyish for it.

I bought some pampers crusers size 7's a while back and they don't seam muck bigger then the size 6's to me.
if their going to make a size 7 make it noticably larger then the size 6.
Every time they add a size, a whole bunch of people make a big fuss about how much fatter kids are getting and that there is a need for it in the first place. If they spaced them too far apart, then they wouldn't be able to get away with adding bigger sizes at all. That's probably why underjams came out - because now they can do that, as a first step to bigger sizes. Older kids should probably be changing themselves by their age so they don't feel bad about wearing diapers, so it's better to have a pull-up size for them anyway, for confidence reasons.

I have noticed since they 1980's most baby and adult diapers have gotten small and thinner.
while the wearers have gotten bigger.
shouldn't the diapers be getting bigger too. insted of smaller?
what are these diaper companies thinking?
make bigger diapers!! not smaller ones!!!
Well we all know what should be and what happens are two different things. It goes by what consumers want more than need, and obviously more people would have a discreet leaky diaper than one that doesn't hide itself as a diaper to others, or visually to them (which is why we have so many pull-on brands, I'm sure).

redtails

Banned
Role
Well we all know what should be and what happens are two different things. It goes by what consumers want more than need, and obviously more people would have a discreet leaky diaper than one that doesn't hide itself as a diaper to others, or visually to them (which is why we have so many pull-on brands, I'm sure).
I'm not sure about the pull-ups but you were right about the things you said. The consumer always gets what they want, and as long as ABDL people are not the consumer we have nothing to add to it :).

It does make me wonder how people used to do it.. I mean 100 years ago there were incontinent people as well, while plastic and polymers didn't exist to make diapers out of..

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
I'm not sure about the pull-ups but you were right about the things you said. The consumer always gets what they want, and as long as ABDL people are not the consumer we have nothing to add to it :).
But we are the consumers, just as well. It's just so well hidden from society, that we don't even now our own numbers...So how would the companies that make the diapers? I mean the population of regular incontinent people and ABs could even be 1:1...But most ABs don't show it, or may just wear diapers in public being considered incontinent....Making the actual 1:1 turn into 10:0.1 ....Of course it would definitely not be like that, or that high, but you can understand my point.

As for the pull-ups part...Just think about it...The labels say it all: "goes on and off like regular underwear". How many times have we seen that? People need diapers, but don't want to think they're wearing a diaper, or others to know that, so pull-ups are a half-way compromise. But a diaper is a diaper is a diaper, no matter what it looks like, feels like, or is called.

It does make me wonder how people used to do it.. I mean 100 years ago there were incontinent people as well, while plastic and polymers didn't exist to make diapers out of..
It certainly was interesting I imagine. But remember, there were cloth diapers before there were disposables and plastic...And they must have had some way of dealing with it before that. I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near as discreet as today though.

dirtbike4x4

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

Intresting point! Now as far as the life long incont or those who be came incont at a young age for some reason would most likely have been forced to wear some sort of absorbant cloth pad of even cloth diaper. But think about who makes up the majority of the incont population, my guess is its the 65-70+ crowd and back 100 years ago not many people lived to be that old, thus never encountering problems such as incont.

redtails

Banned
Role
But we are the consumers, just as well. It's just so well hidden from society, that we don't even now our own numbers...So how would the companies that make the diapers? I mean the population of regular incontinent people and ABs could even be 1:1...But most ABs don't show it, or may just wear diapers in public being considered incontinent....Making the actual 1:1 turn into 10:0.1 ....Of course it would definitely not be like that, or that high, but you can understand my point.

It certainly was interesting I imagine. But remember, there were cloth diapers before there were disposables and plastic...And they must have had some way of dealing with it before that. I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near as discreet as today though.
Even if incontinent vs ABDL is 1 to 1, as long as we don't make ourselves known to the companies, they'll never know what we want yeah, just as you said it. The companies know we exist, that's for certain, but incontinent people buy hundred times as much as we do, so they're their regular customers huh, we're just a contribution to their success.

I know cloth diapers have existed for as long as cloth itself has existed, but I was wondering about it because a cloth diaper without some plastic or another material to make it water-proof is nothing better than wearing no diaper at all, unless you change like every 30 minutes

to dirtbike4x4: the majority of incontinent people are elderly, I agree to that. But before, when health care wasn't as good as it is now, a lot more people could become incontinent due to lack of care. I can't name any direct examples, but just keep in mind that incontinent people have always been around I guess

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I recently sawpackage of pampers size 6's from the late 1990's for saleon ebay
and they showed a photo of one next to a pampers cruisers size7 and they were exactly the same size. so as a previous poster said there really isn't a size 7 they just made the other diapers smaller and re numberd them with the 7's being the old 6
why are diaper company's makeing their diapers smaller, when the users are getting bigger? the diapers should be made bigger not smaller.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Only one store near me carried the #7 Pampers Cruisers, which is where I bought mine to check out. Now they don't carry them, only #6 and below. Maybe customers realized there wasn't really a size difference and stopped buying the #7s.:dunno:

~Pramrider

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
in my opinion if pampers or any other diaper company was going to make a size 7
make it alot bigger then the size 6 or their wasting their time and money.
I can't figure out why diapers since the 1980's have gotten smaller instead of bigger
because the babies, kids and adults have gotten bigger while the diapers have gotten smaller. it doesn't make since.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I did some research on that very question one day at work when it was a slow day. According to an internet site, and you know how reliable they are, we've only had cloth diapers since the Victorian age, mid 1850s. The British were colonizing, and rubber became a product and thus rubber pants. Now from what I read, royalty had their diapers changed once a day, and the commoner changed diapers once a week. I can't believe that, but that's what the article said. Of course this was in the day when many households had limited running water, used chamber pots, and simply emptied them by pouring them out the window.

Before diapers, babies were swaddled, wrapped in blankets. I imagine that became a rather messy affair. I also imagine that once walking, they made a lot of messes throughout the house, or hut, as the case may have been.:eek:

redtails

Banned
Role
I did some research on that very question one day at work when it was a slow day. According to an internet site, and you know how reliable they are, we've only had cloth diapers since the Victorian age, mid 1850s. The British were colonizing, and rubber became a product and thus rubber pants. Now from what I read, royalty had their diapers changed once a day, and the commoner changed diapers once a week. I can't believe that, but that's what the article said. Of course this was in the day when many households had limited running water, used chamber pots, and simply emptied them by pouring them out the window.
That article doesn't sound too reliable, but you did make me realise rubber has been around for a long time. I also did some research myself and found that felt was somehow used. I don't fully understand it but it's obtained by heating wool for a long time while it rubs against itself. Apparently this makes it waterproof and breathing. The people from a long time ago knew what they were doing.. All we use nowadays are products manufactured from rough oil

wetted

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Pulled off some more info from another site;

Peat Moss Diapers

Cape Cod Indians were as ingenious as the Cape Codders who followed them to settle on the narrow land. And even peat moss, or bog moss, as it is often called, had its purpose. This tight springy and wool-like stuff, which the Indians called Sphagnum, was used as tinder, when it was bone dry, for fires, as insulation for winterized tepees, and even, in cooked form, as a sort of staple mush or stew.

But the most amusing and ingenious use for the moss was for the Indian papooses. It served as their diapers! A bit scratchy perhaps, but absorbent and disposable.

An native american diaper was a combination of natural products. Dry wood and cat tails were warmed up and used in moss bags.

Like I said, pulled off of the internet so take it for what it is, but it sounds likely.

Sorry for continuing to hijack it.

Status
Not open for further replies.