There is a run on toilet paper because of the virus in the US… Will our diapers be next???

emp711

Incontinent with CP looking for friends who get it
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
The thought occurs to me as Amazon seems to be running out of almost every healthcare item or personal protective supplies and the brick-and-mortar stores are crazy or empty shelved… Will we eventually have difficulty getting high quality products we are used to… Should we stockpile if so when and how much and for how long?

Interested to know your thoughts and how you are preparing…E

Last edited:
I’m not real concerned about the suppliers running out of diapers. Especially ABDL ones. I have to be in diapers 24/7 for medical reasons. I’m going to order an extra case just in case they stop shipping.

Reactions: Jim100 and emp711
Ehorton said:
I have to be in diapers 24/7 for medical reasons. I’m going to order an extra case just in case they stop shipping.

That is me too :)

Reactions: Jim100 and Ebabyboy12
emp711 said:
That is me too :)
I do think there’s a chance that more people resort to diapers perhaps if the virus spreads and gets out of control. At that point I may be more worried but I think the general public wouldn’t know about companies such as tykables, north shore, rearz, and ABU.

I just hope the grocery store doesn't run out of food, especially the things I enjoy eating. I wonder where Ice cream comes from? Thank God it's not China.....is it?

• Haha
Reactions: RedPandaDL and NooNoo
Well... here's my thought on this whole thing. I'm sorry for of those who are incontinence of bladder or bowl isues or both I hope they have enough diapers and wipes for you all and for the few who wear them for fun no reason at all well...I guess we have to go straight for awhile

Ehorton said:
I do think there’s a chance that more people resort to diapers perhaps if the virus spreads and gets out of control. At that point I may be more worried but I think the general public wouldn’t know about companies such as tykables, north shore, rearz, and ABU.

Why would anyone resort to diapers forca fever and congestion?

rocketman said:
Why would anyone resort to diapers forca fever and congestion?
people panic in times of distress. And when people think they can get sick from being in public I imagine some will try all kinds of things. Such as not using public bathrooms. Diapers would allow them that option. I hope it doesn’t come to that but you never know. When I walk through the grocery store I’d say panic has begun.

Reactions: Jim100
Ehorton said:
people panic in times of distress. And when people think they can get sick from being in public I imagine some will try all kinds of things. Such as not using public bathrooms. Diapers would allow them that option. I hope it doesn’t come to that but you never know. When I walk through the grocery store I’d say panic has begun.
Panic has begun. My neighbor and aunt said shelves are empty and my brother said they could not stock it fast enough. The other day when I was at the store to me it looked like holiday day shopping

In related news, I was at a Home Depot store today and noticed there had been a run on toilets. The toilet isle was completely empty.

• Wow
Reactions: TeddyBearCowboy and dogboy
dogboy said:
I just hope the grocery store doesn't run out of food, especially the things I enjoy eating. I wonder where Ice cream comes from? Thank God it's not China.....is it?

Nah, you're fine -- it comes from Italy. ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy
tiny said:
Nah, you're fine -- it comes from Italy
Good point. *crosses gelato off shopping list* Phew! Close call.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RedPandaDL and SillyLiam
It's all a bit silly really people will see others stockpiling something and panick and do the same creating a self perpetuating run on stock even when the virus won't make you go to the toilet any more than normal. Two or three weeks supply incase you are quarantine may make sense but for most people you can always have a friend deliver stuff to your door. You can also use a facecloth and soapy water and wash it after. Humans can be very stupid some times 😕

Cottontail said:
In related news, I was at a Home Depot store today and noticed there had been a run on toilets. The toilet isle was completely empty.
yep we are out of dust masks and resperator masks and rubber gloves too.

EagleBoy said:
yep we are out of dust masks and resperator masks and rubber gloves too.
What about hot cakes????

I always keep a two months supply for just in case purposes I just ordered a case of diapers from xp-medical and normally it takes three days for delivery now it’s going to take 7-10 business days. I’m not worried as I have a little more than a month and a half supply

Went to more rural store to get adult wipes ... pharmacies closer to population centers are empty . There is enough diapers on hand to last the 3 of us 1 month ... we use 7 - 10 per day .

Reactions: Jim100
Can't buy boys large, extra large goodnites on amazon, 75 count boxes are gone. last night it said they would be restocked the 30th, now just can't buy em, think they shut it down to stop people from panic buying some of this stuff.

Last edited:
Irrational panic buying can affect anything in theory. But people are not going to suddenly decide to wear diapers if they are not already. And I can’t think of any alternate use for them in this situation.

It appears that people are buying wipes. The store I recently visited had no baby wipes ( but plenty of baby diapers). But wipes can be used by anyone as a substitute for toilet paper.

There are no supply-chain issues with toilet paper in the US. The in-store shortages are the result of irrational behavior.

Reactions: toyboy
My neighbor (Albany, Oregon) had to drive 25 miles to get "girl stuff" for his 21-yo-daughter. I bought some pads and tampons for my (ex) gf, and didn't know how to offer them to the dad, because I know the daughter really well, lol.

Back