There is a run on toilet paper because of the virus in the US… Will our diapers be next???

I was chatting with a lady in the grocery store checkout line yesterday. I mentioned that I didn't get why there's a panic over toilet paper when it's a respiratory virus. She told me:

When somebody sneezes, everybody sh*ts.

Now I get why TP is in such demand. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: RedPandaDL, BobbiSueEllen, Midwest82 and 2 others
ade said:
What about hot cakes????
Home Depot don't sell hot cakes you'z at

I mean that's why Northshore is still in business lol No one Bulk orders from them cuz it's expensive lol I got plenty to last a shutdown or two

There will be lots of diapers not to worry. Even the TP is being restocked soon, they have lots just need to get it to the stores and shipping times are slower currently.

RearzJacob said:
There will be lots of diapers not to worry. Even the TP is being restocked soon, they have lots just need to get it to the stores and shipping times are slower currently.

SHHH Don't let the panic buyers hear that lol

I wear cloth prefolds for night time, clad I have those now as our stores are bare

Reactions: Jim100
Baby diapers have vanished in areas, people are going cloth or using puppy pads on their babies. :cry:

I am definitely going to be ordering a few extra cases of diapers next month when I get my disability check, I think it’s a good idea in case things stop being shipped or there’s a delay that way I will have enough stock. I’m probably going to stick exclusively to North Shore and Xpmed and Tykables. Although I think that last one is only a reality if we get these checks I keep hearing about people possibly getting in the next few weeks or so. I also have a few cloth reusable diapers that I can use often on just to save on my disposables. I will also be making use of my extra benefits through my insurance to get some of those cheap diapers and a bunch of wipes and some of the skin care cream as well. So by the time Mail rolls around I should be pretty stocked up and I can literally just hang around my apartment in a really good thick diaper and just watch a lot of Netflix all day, oh wait I already do that. Right now I’ve got enough diapers in my closet to last me two months but I would like to have enough to last me for 4 to 6 months just in case, hopefully I do really get this check and then I can use like half of it on Diapers and I’ll be all set.

One person sneezes 10 people crap their pants.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Jim100
Since I wear cloth diapers the shortage of disposable diapers wouldn’t affect me too much. I do have a number of months supply of disposables. Lately I’ve been wearing nite time cloth diapers during the day even when shopping. I guess I don’t care it it shows because I enjoy the extra absorbency that comes with a thicker diaper.

I would suggest if posable others should buy cloth diapers for what is happening now but the next time something happens. Yes more laundry but once you get used to it then it isn’t to bad.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Considering adult diapers carry a social stigma, I can see why there's no run on them. This pandemic seems to further confirm it.

I thought nursing homes etc. may have panic bought them, but still seems decent availability online.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
One reason why is because nursing homes run on the slimmest of margins...and sterile products can't be returned because of overordering.

On a thinly-related note, the stores here put up signs for the panic-hoarding cowards, saying there would be no returns accepted on bottled water, TP, PTs, cleaning products, diapers, etc. due to their sterile nature, especially amid a pandemic. Serves 'em right. But now we understand why adult diapers are plentiful in such a time.

Last edited:
Na i dont belive so,
in Germany they buy toilete paper like it could heal cancer if u use one roll every day :D
But no one even thinks about buying a Diaper.

Gues the thinking is about the cleanup after a potty, and using a diaper would made one use even more toils as
using the toilet.

And "Normal" People find it emberasing to use Diapers or even talk about this stuff.
So i gues there is no problem with that.

But what actually could happen is that the materials for making a diaper could go short because
the felt used for diapers is used in respirators as well.

But on the other hand Incontinent patients need diapers so they need to keep on making those.
Maybe ABDL Deapiers can go short?

Last edited:
I saw an article about how to make a face mask equivalent or better to N95 out of cloth diapers to protect from COVID-19.

:unsure:

...waits for reaction...

— just kidding... I promise.

I haven’t seen any such thing.

But who knows? Perhaps they could be made into a reusable mask?

Last edited:
The only problem I’ve had buying diapers for my incontinence is the place I purchase diapers ran out of Betterdry in my size and substituted them with another brand. I received an email from them if it was ok I wasn’t crazy about wearing crinklz diapers but seeing I needed them I told them it was fine. In the box was an apology letter with 25% off my next order

jasonm03 said:
The only problem I’ve had buying diapers for my incontinence is the place I purchase diapers ran out of Betterdry in my size and substituted them with another brand. I received an email from them if it was ok I wasn’t crazy about wearing crinklz diapers but seeing I needed them I told them it was fine. In the box was an apology letter with 25% off my next order

Wow that is nice pretty nice from them.
Good trader i would say :)

Reactions: toyboy
It sounds like they made an effort to help you out. It can be quite nerve racking trying a new product. At least if you are at home any failures are more manageable.

toyboy said:
It sounds like they made an effort to help you out. It can be quite nerve racking trying a new product. At least if you are at home any failures are more manageable.
Thrust Vector makes both products Betterdry’s are plain white and crinklz are printed

Reactions: toyboy and GermanDL
I have about 6 weeks supplie of nappies and yet I still feel nervous about running out which is silly. And yet I'm not worried about food and other supplies.

Back