There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your imagination...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
So said Shakespeare in Hamlet.

So say I to this forum. I've seen a lot of posts lately where folks are accusing people of posting fap material as their real-life experiences, or claiming something is completely unrealistic when, quite frankly, it isn't.

Folks, it's one thing to call out a guy claiming he was a victim of pedo by a babysitter. It's something completely different to claim that babysitters never humiliated kids in their care, or that high school teachers never used babyish references to humiliate and/or keep their class under control.

Just because you've never experienced it, doesn't mean it never happened to anyone else. Take a step back a minute and ask yourself: "Is this only unrealistic because I've never seen anything like it? Or is this really completely beyond the pale?"

You may find stuff isn't as far-fetched as you think it is if you frame it within the context of modern society and the f***ed up things that we see in the news on a daily basis...

Not only that, but there was a time not too long ago in American society where teachers and parents were allowed to get away with a lot more abusive "disciplinary" tactics than they are now.

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I agree with what you have said, but there are things that regularly get posted on this forum that one might take as fap material. I've always been one to at least try and give someone the benefit of the doubt, but even so, some cases are fairly obvious as being a fantasy.

I agree that there are lots of strange things that go on in the world, with abuse and things of that nature. Im not saying that there hasn't been one of these extravagant over the top stories that has been true, people do face abuse from babysitters and caretakers, I know this from personal experience.

One thing that sets this fap material apart from other posts is the fact that sometimes it is blatantly obvious that it is fap material. For instance, I once read an account from a member on a different forum, the story went something like this: The guy apparently wet his pants at school, the nurse said he would have to be diapered every day for the rest of his school career. The teachers were the ones who changed his diapers and they often did so in front of the class. Sometimes they got the girls in the class to help them change his diapers and there was one girl in his class who used to come over and be his "mommy" after school.

Now, the first thing from that account that throws the whole thing out of whack for me is this : 1) I'm fairly sure that at public schools, privacy is required by law in order for a student with special needs such as incontinence to be tended to (i.e have their diaper changed). 2) The teacher's should not have had the girls, who were minors, help change a boys diaper considering the boy was the same age. 3)The part about the girl coming over and being his mommy after school seems to show up as being a common fap fantasy in this fetish.

So, either way you look at it, people are judgemental. Things may or may not have happened, but people often stretch the truth to get satisfaction from other people.

I don't know, it's just how thing's are in my opinion. Sorry for my grammar, I'm tired and slightly innebriated.

-Ron

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Well, that's kind of the point - what you describe is so far beyond the pale on so many levels it can be thrown out as idiotic fantasy.

There is "wow, how did that person not get turned in to Social Services?" and then there is "wow, what kind of idiots do you take us for?".

My mother used to openly humiliate the kids in her day care when they had accidents with a spanking, diapering, and a stream of epithets about what babies they were, then sending them off to play with the other kids wearing only the diaper and their shirt (or, depending on how close it was to pick-up time, sit them on the changing table until their parents came to pick them up). She even informed the parents in an amazingly convincing manner that this was how little boys/girls who peed their pants were dealt with, and the parents agreed. She absolutely should have been turned in to Social Services - but as extreme as this seems, it was the reality of the situation and, circa 1985, it wasn't really questioned.

A

acorn

So said Shakespeare in Hamlet.

So say I to this forum. I've seen a lot of posts lately where folks are accusing people of posting fap material as their real-life experiences, or claiming something is completely unrealistic when, quite frankly, it isn't.

Folks, it's one thing to call out a guy claiming he was a victim of pedo by a babysitter. It's something completely different to claim that babysitters never humiliated kids in their care, or that high school teachers never used babyish references to humiliate and/or keep their class under control.

Just because you've never experienced it, doesn't mean it never happened to anyone else. Take a step back a minute and ask yourself: "Is this only unrealistic because I've never seen anything like it? Or is this really completely beyond the pale?"

You may find stuff isn't as far-fetched as you think it is if you frame it within the context of modern society and the f***ed up things that we see in the news on a daily basis...

Not only that, but there was a time not too long ago in American society where teachers and parents were allowed to get away with a lot more abusive "disciplinary" tactics than they are now.
Go on out of that, we don't believe you.
-- a line from a song by the Sawdoctors.

Back on topic. While you are preaching to the converted here, do you really think that you can put an old head on young shoulders.

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Back on topic. While you are preaching to the converted here do you really think that you can put an old head on young shoulders.

Probably not, but maybe I can make them stop and think for a moment...

AbsoluteBedlam

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Other
I agree with Ron on this one. Most of the fap material is blatantly obvious and likely created by the sex addled fourteen year old TBs who haven't yet learned how to form coherent sentences. Nothing against the youth of our subculture/lifestyle/fetish (at least those on adisc are sane and intelligent) but that seems to where the majority of these stories are coming from. I assume that a truthful account would be a little bit better thought out and maybe even somewhat well written.

What I don't understand is why they feel the need to convince us that these are true stories. Wouldn't it serve the same purpose to just write it down as "erotic" fiction or whatever?

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thank you for agreeing with me, but at the same time by blaming this for the most part on youth is a stereotypical way of dealing with things. I believe that fap material comes from all walks of life, it is after all a way to provoke sexual stimulus. I'm sure that there are lots of fetish sites regarding our "interest" that were probably founded on the basis of fap material... sad to say but there are sites which should never ever be mentioned, because even the use of that name on this forum warrants an immediate kick to the teeth and a lobotomy.

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
Well, my main problem with that kind of people is that they often tell us there unlikely stories right when they sign up - if not in there first post, not long after. If someone I trust tells me an unlikely tale, I will believe him/her. If someone that I've just met tells me something unlikely, I will be cautious of him/her. Are some of those outlandish stories possible? Sure, obviously. However, I am under the impression that more often than not they are pure fabrication.

That doesn't mean that I don't give the benefit of the doubt to those people. However, will I believe them? Not really, at least not until they start earning my trust...

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
It's an issue of probabilities.

Yes, anything could be the case, but most of the stories we call BS on are extremely unlikely. They tend to be rare even among AB/DLs, who are much more likely to note such experiences even if marginal than the general public. Maybe we could generously say that some of these fishy stories happen to 1/1000 of the population, while many are probably on 1/10,000, 1/100,000, or even less-likely magnitudes.

By contrast, roughly 10% (1/10) of anyone who's ever registered on ADISC is banned, overwhelmingly for blatant lying, and frankly, those are just the people who aren't smart enough to make it hard for us to catch them lying.

Thus, when we have to weigh the odds that someone's highly unlikely story is true vs. the odds that they're trolling or taking advantage of us to get their rocks off, we really can't go that far wrong by politely insisting that their story is unlikely and that we'd like them to fill in some of the holes. As a practical matter, this is pragmatic approach, even if it sometimes makes us come across as a bit passive-aggressive and not 100% open-minded.

We're open-minded and accepting of unusual life experiences largely as a correlation of the fact that we're a support forum for people with a particularly unusual life circumstance. We're not, however, so naive as to believe that not turning away even one statistical far outlier is enough to justify letting the 10s-100,000s+ trolls making the same absurd claims to turn the community into a cesspool.

SourMashKids

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Haven't been around long, but it seems like a case-by-case sort of thing. There's no one way to tell which category someone's thread would fall into... Either way, I think presenting forum problems is a good thing- it encourages change.

F

FlowPup

Most of the fap material is blatantly obvious and likely created by the sex addled fourteen year old TBs who haven't yet learned how to form coherent sentences.

I resent that!

As much as it is true that a lot of younger teens fall victim to their hormones and will write a sexual story or two, even more younger TBDLs don't do this. The ones that do write these stories and share them with everyone are most likely the very outgoing and obnoxious teens. Most people, as you probably know from experience, DON'T like to throw their sexual fantasies out in the open! I for one, read a sexual story or two every month at the most, and although I enjoy writing every now and then, I have never written anything sexual. And, in case you hadn't yet noticed, my spelling and grammar is not terrible.

Personally, I think these accusations reflect how society judges *BDLs as a group. The ones who aren't shy about getting noticed and flaunting dirty diapers in peoples' faces are usually the only *BDLs who are noticed and gossiped about. All this gossip and stereotyping has given the *BDL community a bad name, and has made it a lot harder for people to be accepting of us when we 'come out' to them. Maybe if people weren't so quick to jump to conclusions based on a small percentage of the overall population in question, *BDLs might have a better rap than they do now, and I would not have been offended by your comment because it never would have been written.

sheimi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i don't think thats the reason for our bad rap... although it does inforce it to a very uneeded extent
honestly very few non-*bdl's know about it

when someone does something or likes something different outside of someones comfort zone its weird to them...

but thats not a bad thing, just explain it to them and if they still don't at least except you (now remember that "except" and "understand" are very different) then they have what i like to call "idealogical mental incapsulation " otherwhise known as "close minded"...

when something they don't think is "right" or just don't understand the motives behind it, they don't care what you say about it because their mental gateway is closed and words are stopped at the front door and don't get through

they will only see on their side and don't care to see whats on the other... and honestly its people like that that are one of the biggest issues in society...

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Most of the fap material is blatantly obvious and likely created by the sex addled 45-year-olds pretending to be fourteen year old TBs who haven't yet learned how to form coherent sentences.

I went ahead and fixed that for ya, pal.

But really. Yes, it's possible that some of these weird stories are legitimate. But if those kinds of statistics are happening here, I'm buying a lottery ticket.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I went ahead and fixed that for ya, pal.

But really. Yes, it's possible that some of these weird stories are legitimate. But if those kinds of statistics are happening here, I'm buying a lottery ticket.

^^^ This. Actual TBs aren't writing that goofy shit. It's the 45YOs that are socially inept and have never had a stable relationship because they're completely sketchy individuals. I've met a couple of these people IRL at gatherings, and more online, and it's quite a thing to see people that are so... For want of a better phrase, fucked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
^^^ This. Actual TBs aren't writing that goofy shit. It's the 45YOs that are socially inept and have never had a stable relationship because they're completely sketchy individuals. I've met a couple of these people IRL at gatherings, and more online, and it's quite a thing to see people that are so... For want of a better phrase, fucked up.

In their defense, prior to about 6 years ago, there wasn't much of an outlet for this fetish. When you confine someone to the social fringe because of their urges and isolate them, something happens in the brain where the unsatisfied urge intensifies and starts to become an obsession, which is when the mental stability starts to deteriorate.

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
WBDaddy, I totally feel you. Here's how I read the situation: we want to keep the forum clean of fantasy, but more often then not, the forums become a place for a trial-by-fire evaluation by the community, as if determining the veracity of a story is our principle activity. The problem is that we have essentially no way of verifying if a claimed story is true or false, except for gross internal inconsistencies. Claims with minor inconsistencies may be the result of poor writers. Or, poor writers who present no inconsistencies can give the impression of being false because of hteir writing skills. Furthermore, claims with no inconsistencies and fair writing can still be false. In fact, someone could post a complete fabrication that gives the appearance of being true. Case in point:

Aaahhh! Help me out guys! Every night I wear a diaper to sleep, but last night I accidently kicked the covers off and when my sister came in to wake me up for school, she totally saw my diaper peeking out of my pajamas. She took some pictures on her iphone and sent them to all my friends :( I'm so humiliated!!!

This never happened to me, but it's totally plausible. And suppose I have a humiliation fetish and totally get off by posting it up here. System thwarted. And then you have the problem (which I've raised before) that the more we call stories out, the lower our communal tolerance for weirdness is. However, by virtue of being ABDLs, we are inherently dealing with a weird topic, and weird things will inevitably pop up. Sadly, not all of us lead run-of-the-mill lives in which we discover our love of diapers in some banal fashion. Some of us have had traumatic experiences like forced diapering (which people here are the most skeptical about), public humiliation, or other "weird" experiences. In fact, I was diapered by sister in a role-play type setting when I was very young, and I've always attributed that to the rise of my love of diapers. But if I were to post the story of how that happened, the only thing that might save me from an onslaught of ridicule would be the length of my tenure here, if even that.

I have always stood against calling stories out as BS. It is not our place as a support community to determine who's fibbing and who's telling the truth, nor to encourage or prevent people from touching themselves. We exist, rather, to support people. So long as someone is asking for support, we should give support. If someone posts a wild tale and makes no request for help, advice, or comfort, we can respond with, "This a support community; unless you want support, you're posting on the wrong forum." If they are asking for help, we help. If they want to fap, let them fap -- you can't control what turns people on. We have a rule in place that graphic content is not permitted, so that keeps overtly masturbatory material out of the equation. If someone wants to pretend that they have problems they don't, let's give them the support they're asking for and call it a day -- there's frankly nothing we can do to stop them.

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
At the bare minimum, let them hang themselves with a consistent pattern of posting outlandish and unbelievable crap (as happened a month or so ago) and allow the mods to do their job.

Don't alienate folks that may have had a rather different upbringing than you, just because it sounds like "fap" material.

LittleRK

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hmm, slim makes some very good points there. In the end, there is very little we can do about people entering our community and posting this kind of story, we don't know their background and therefore can't justify any form of judgement without coming off as obnoxious in our own "close -minded" views. Think about it, many people think that because they are *BDLS that they cannot possibly be so narrow minded; yet we always find people disagreeing with other's experiences etc. I've been an *B my entire life, yet I've caught flak on that front from people who say "You can't be a *B your entire life because you can't possibly remember back that far".

If people choose to abuse the support community role of this forum, then we have no other choice than to support them, it is our role as good samaritans to offer as much helpful assistance as possible. It bothers me that some people would feed off of a support forum to get their kicks, but if it cannot be proven whether or not a story is true or false, we must carry on as though it is...

-Ron

Shukkume

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Most of what is bullshit sounds exactly as it says on the tin. It sounds bullshitty, but we have to remember...

Shit happens. Child abuse happens and awkward upbringings happen, so I try not to call out BS unless it really does sound like BS. Instead, I give them the benefit of the doubt and try to say something helpful so a.) if it's not bullshit, I don't feel like an ass and b.) so they learn that we don't take that lightly here. I mean, my life's been crazy enough and I've had weird experiences, so why wouldn't it happen to others? (Trolls are different. I can spot them a mile away.)

In their defense, prior to about 6 years ago, there wasn't much of an outlet for this fetish. When you confine someone to the social fringe because of their urges and isolate them, something happens in the brain where the unsatisfied urge intensifies and starts to become an obsession, which is when the mental stability starts to deteriorate.

Yup. This. If you feel isolated, you're going to become depressed and socially awkward. Which is why it's great to have support for all people with all... not problems, per say, but 'differences'. Support gives them balances which can lead them from the obsessions and sexual repression that leads 60 year old men to flash their diapers to 12 year old girls at water parks. Unless you have an outlet or a confidante, you're going to go crazy. Add a 'weird' interest to an underlying mental condition such as autism or another learning disability (which are both misunderstood and shunned in themselves) and you have a recipe for extreme awkwardness.

Thank goodness the younger generation can be open about these things on the internet...

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

Not necessarily. I've been online for 10 years now, and Mr. X was one of the very earliest online. It's not a question of being isolated. It's entirely a question of being functional human beings. Mr. X is a very stable person that works for a nationally recognized institution, and I'm a stable person that works for a Fortune 500 company. The people writing the sketchiest of the ABDL rap fantasy stories are not that stable. Like I said, I've met a couple of those sorts IRL, and their instability extends into all aspects of their ability to interact with human beings on any level regarding any topic.

At any rate; there are a lot of normal, functional people that are ABDLs, and most of the people online even in the late '90s and early 2000s were functional human beings. There were a few creepers that stick out in everyone's minds and made themselves the focal points, and if you meet them in person, it suddenly makes sense, as being out in front and visible online suddenly got those people more recognition and interaction than they will ever see in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.