The world's smallest "country"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Would you like to see the world's smallest country?

Here you are.

I am not joking, this is a micronation. Population is about 27 people as of 2002, the area is 0.004 square kilometres and it's a WWII sea fort located about 6 miles (10 km) off the Suffolk coast in England.

It is however, not recognised as a sovereign state, probably because this house would fall off the edge of it.

More information about this astonishing "country" can be found here.

I might add the the only way you can get into this country is by a helicopter.

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
That'd be awesome, to own your own country. I'd legalise everything and party 24/7, awesome shit!!

Mingus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
Seems more of a micro-state than a micro-nation, although not a sovereign micro-state...

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I heard about this somewhere... I think it's technically not a country because there's no real land. Also, an even smaller country than this is Danny Wallace's flat; he made it in TV series called How to Start Your own Country, and it's called the Kingdom of Lovely.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
I know a micronation is not really a sovereign state in most cases, but then again, Vatican City wasn't recognised as a state by the U.N. either.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
What would happen if they got in a war with Vatican City? It'd be like, three minutes long, amirite??

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Looking at that picture again, is there a scarecrow on the top of that thing or something?!

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
nuuuuuuuu it's ppl waving! :wavesbye:
Yep, that's what I see. Now, if there was a small corn field on top the platform a scarecrow might be needed. Though I don't think they would have much problem with crows out there.:D

~Pramrider

the0silent0alchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerican_Empire *snarks*

check this out

Side by side with the Empire has grown a modest religion, Silinism, the worship of the Great Penguin. Although created for primarily humorous purposes, the last decade has seen earnest converts to the faith, which now numbers roughly thirty practitioners worldwide. It is the primary teaching of this church that humour is holy and that living a good life means learning to laugh at the universe and share laughter with others.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Yep, that's what I see. Now, if there was a small corn field on top the platform a scarecrow might be needed. Though I don't think they would have much problem with crows out there.:D

~Pramrider
Crows might not be a problem but seagulls only go out that far to die... apparently. So I can see a point for a scarecrow.

And Alchemist, either I've failed at math again or Sealand is 2000 times smaller than the "Aerican Empire".

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I always thought the smallest was the Vatican...
Me too.

And when the Vatican's military fails... Pope Benedict XVI's crosier turns into a sword. His (hat?) can be used for an Odd Job effect. He's a fantastic melee fighter.

(No offense, it's just a joke. I'm Catholic, I don't mean any offense to the pope... Jeez.)

Bill14

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Im confused, how do people live there?, i cant see any place for them to live or am i missing something. :detective3

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
looks like half of an oil platform. That is an interesting fact, that being a nation..

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Im confused, how do people live there?, i cant see any place for them to live or am i missing something. :detective3
They live in a building that's on the middle of the the platform. Power is provided by two generators and water is pumped up into a desalination plant. Source of income? Offshore hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.