The weight

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I really need to start weighing my diapers in the morning. For the past month I have been luck to wear to bed every night. So in the morning before my shower I will drop my diaper off and sometimes it really makes a thud when it hits the floor. Also when I took the trash out the weight of a weeks worth of diapers was surprising. So I need to start a before and after weight.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and badger50
I weight myself with my night nappy on in the morning, then weigh myself again when I take it off - so the difference is the nappy and contents weight. Our bathroom scales wouldn’t register the wet nappy on its own.

Does anyone know how much a litre of urine weighs? Is it close to 1Kg as per plain water?

• Thinking
Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Even baby diapers weigh a lot on Trash Day. "Ya gotta pay the piper if ya wanna be in diapers"! 🤭

All ya gotta do is weigh several diapers one at a time, add the total weight, divide that by number of dry diapers weighed and there's your average dry, or "tare" weight. Subtract that from your wet-diaper weight...and there ya go. 🥳

• Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia and Edgewater
BobbiSueEllen said:
Even baby diapers weigh a lot on Trash Day. "Ya gotta pay the piper if ya wanna be in diapers"! 🤭

All ya gotta do is weigh several diapers one at a time, add the total weight, divide that by number of dry diapers weighed and there's your average dry, or "tare" weight. Subtract that from your wet-diaper weight...and there ya go. 🥳
Agreed on that. But if (for example) the remaining weight is 1.5Kg, what volume of urine does that relate to?

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Ok, so I’ve just checked with the internet and (as you may well expect) urine only weighs fractionally more than water. So, unless being pedantic, 1Kg = 1 Litre.

Reactions: MegaLugia, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
I do have a postal scale so I would get an actual weight. The only problem is doing it with out my wife seeing. She barely expects the fact I wear and use my diaper at night but if she seen me weighing a used diaper she would be "WTF!!"

• Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and badger50
On the other side of the discussion, determining the weight of a diaper after a full night can be seen as medical and also part of classification of what capacity diaper you should be wearing. A postal scale is great as the weight is well within its range! It will take several weeks to understand where your average will be. I then times that volume by a factor of '3' to assure a dry bed!

The good news is by understanding your average (tare) volume, you can select a diaper with greater volume to assure minimum leaks and as a result a happier wife as she is not faced with your leaking!

FYI: Assure you are not only meeting, but exceeding her needs and wants!

Reactions: MegaLugia
badger50 said:
Agreed on that. But if (for example) the remaining weight is 1.5Kg, what volume of urine does that relate to?
3.4 pounds...which comes out to 54.4 ounces, or 6-3/4 cups. Also, the specific gravity of urine is a touch higher than that of water...in other words, volume-for-volume, urine is a tad heavier than water.

Reactions: MegaLugia and Edgewater
I'll have 6 lbs diapers regularly with the occasional 8 lbs. Really wish ABU Little Kings could handle me as a night time diaper. I tend to leak. And I'm not going to bed in a wet diaper either. This activity is all between. 11pm and 6:30am.
I drink around 2 gallons or so a day and have seen my bladder regularly hold 20 to 32 ounces.

Reactions: Edgewater and BobbiSueEllen
Back