The way I forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover
I treat forums as a conversation, when someone says something, I respond, usually with something not especially important going up to epic.

Sometimes I refrain from responding, but not always.

Thats how I forum, how do you forum?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well your way could be considered spammish...But I usually just respond if I feel the need to

Role
Diaper Lover
True that is half of what I was saying, but I usually have something to say, so I say it.

I say posts shouldn't matter, its whats in them and its reputation.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Well your way could be considered spammish...
Spammish..is that if you're from the country Spam?

I don't really treat it like a conversation because sometimes it can take a while between responses and there's usually way more than just a couple of people participating. Plus I agree, it's considered a little...well...

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think it's cool to post a whole lot. that way everybody knows who you are and you make lots of friends. as long as your post isn't totally pointless there's no real reason to hold back. i sort of wish i had the time and motivation to reply to every thread so that everyone here would recognize me.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Aw, everyone knows you avery. When you think about it, there are a lot of users on the fourm, but only some post enough to be known.

F

FullMetal

I do not care who knows me, I care only about the message I send out. Of course I am here to make friends, but I do not need a thousand friends, I can do with only a few. I refrain from posting a lot, not because I consider my posts to be spam, but because I do not feel I have something to contribute that would hold much value. I am not saying that what I do should reflect what you guys should do, far from it, I am just saying that I am a well kept type of person who, when it does not seem fit, doesn't like to just spew whatever comes to mind.

Given that, I do not believe it to be 'cool' to post a whole lot since I am not seeking notification. And I most certain do not wish that I had time to spend replying to every single post because I find that this is only a small aspect of my life and I would not like it to seep into my own reality.

FullMetal

care_a_lot

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I post to whatever actually makes me think of anything to say! Some threads I feel have nothing to do with me or my lifestyle that is because every one of us is a bit different. I like to write only when something makes me think of an intelligent response or even a funny one if the occasion calls for it. I like to be known around the posts too avery so I know how you feel and agree with your statements exactly.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I post to something that I have something to say about. I really don't like just posting to say "Me too" although, I have done that a few times. There have also been times where I have something to say, but I'm too lazy to post. xD

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I like to post, but only if I feel I have something to say. I find that making friends is something you need to do in actual chat... because the problem with the forum is that you read someone's posts and get to know them, but never really know if they know you. The biggest example of that would be someone who lurks here and never posts, but feels that (s)he knows people. Forums are weird in that way!

I think that a post just puts a bit of you out there so that people get to know you just that little bit more. But I think that making friends only happens when you PM someone or talk in one of the chats or on MSN or whatever.

I guess that I post quite a lot though, but why not?

Role
Private
Gawd... I think I've said this about 10 times now >_< But not to worry! I don't mind. :)

I generally just post in response to the original poster's message. I tend to skip through a lot of the posts in the thread (if it's long) and post before I read the entire thread. That way, I can give my own opinion on the matter and not be persuaded by any other ideas. So everything you hear me say it 100% genuine Lukie-beliefs. :D

As for responding, it really all depends on how the post was made. If it was short, I'll probably quote it and just drop in my 2cents. If it's longer, I'll probably quote each individual section and respond to each part separately. I just like a systematic approach to things. But that's not to say I follow this style wholeheartedly. There's been many times when I deviate from it.

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I have countless posting personalities.

I worry regularly that members can't get a good sense of my personality because my posts jump from one 'style' to another, I'm silly one minute dry the next. I've had people dumbstruck that I'm not as confident or certain as I make myself out to be when they talk to me outside of the forum. I'm not very confident in my own posts that I make, sometimes I'll go into the IRC channel to ask members I have a good relationship with whether they think one of my posts is too harsh or not serious enough.

I'd like to think my posts have matured since TBDL but I know some people miss my old personality, I suppose I'm in that weird stage of life where I'm unsure whether I should be serious or not in certain situations and it reflects in the posts that I make in the forum.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Remember kids, the bigger your posts are the bigger your...ummm...nevermind..

Role
Diaper Lover
Oh yeah I remember Monkey used to be all crazy, I do miss that now that you mention.

Despite what you people may believe, I rarely ever post to say me too, unless I have something funny to add. I do post a lot, usually just contributing something unintelligent, but hey, I try.

Essentially, I only post when I have something to say, but what I have to say, sometimes makes no sense, or is thought to be spam, which leads to negative. :(

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I do the same thing on a few other forums. Somw though I don't post alot at all. Depends on the site. I hardly post here now, I skim through the new posts list every so often and have a look at 1 or 2 topics, maybe reply if I am interested.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I've had people dumbstruck that I'm not as confident or certain as I make myself out to be when they talk to me outside of the forum. I'm not very confident in my own posts that I make, sometimes I'll go into the IRC channel to ask members I have a good relationship with whether they think one of my posts is too harsh or not serious enough.
yeah, i remember being pretty surprised to learn that you could ever doubt yourself. you've definitely in the past always sounded totally secure and self-confident. you've got a whole side to you that you never used to show to anyone in the forums.

I'd like to think my posts have matured since TBDL but I know some people miss my old personality, I suppose I'm in that weird stage of life where I'm unsure whether I should be serious or not in certain situations and it reflects in the posts that I make in the forum.
i do sort of miss your old personality. it still comes through from time to time and i'm glad of that. in some ways i think you're more mature than you used to be, but it also seems like you're more afraid to make mistakes. and i worry that you've let people with no senses of humor talk you out of being yourself. i guess it's natural for people to be more careful about what they say as they get older -- more modest and wary of other people's feelings. but it should never come at the expense of individuality. individuality is something that so very few people have in really appreciable quantities....

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
Whenever I post something I always like put quite a bit of time and effort into it. Sometimes I can just sit here for hours making one post, because I just can't quite think of the best way to say what I wanna say.

And I always make sure I really have something to say - I don't post to chat or to keep the conversation going. I like to say something really meaningful, rather than going "Yeah, I agree" or "that's really cool!". There's nothing wrong with this, I just don't like doing it myself.

I guess it's because forums go much slower than normal chat. Normally, if you put a lot of time into saying something, you get left behind. But it's different on forums. I think that's kind of the reason we don't just replace all forums with chatrooms and be done with it - you have an opportunity to spend as much time as you want thinking what to say and how to say it, and then it doesn't just disappear, it stays forever for all to see (until all the data is lost, that is :p )

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I post whatever. I kind of wish I'd put more time into my posts because I've said threefold in chat what I've said here and in the last forum combined! (probably more) I really only earn my rep for humorous posts! :biggrin:

Titus

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I don't post all that often. To be honest, I post less than I want to myself. I don't really think it's a matter of low self-esteem or a general lack of faith in myself though. avery once said to me in the IRC chat that I came across as very careful and polite, a bit afraid of stepping on anybody’s toes. Though I guess that's a pretty accurate description, other times it’s that I just don't feel like I've got something worthwhile to contribute with. I generally prefer the chat room to socialize than the boards. (... in there, people tend to forget what you say during a conversation very quickly. :blushie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.