The thing about House M.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
He is a Smart prick that dose things others cold not do in time....

one you love to hate, and hate to love

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
He's a smart prick! Oh wait, everyone already said that.

Well, there's more to it than just being smart...he's respected...yes he's a prick, but he's a well respected prick! :-D

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My question to you is. Would you rather have House be your doctor or some normal doctor?

But really I can't see how House is a "prick". He does have his harsh points but hes one of the best doctors ever. But anyways the reason none of the staff even his boss get truly pissed off at him is they need him.

----------------
Now playing: NintendoWorldReport.com - Episode 101: Silky Smooth
via FoxyTunes

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
Or maybe... just maybe... because it's a TV show? That's my guess.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh! I think he's great! And yes, he is a prick. He's an arrogant jerk who thinks of no one but himself... but ya gotta love him. :D

P.S. He's SOOO hawt!

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I do have a man-crush on him. And he's cranky, which I like. It's a great set, with great characters and great plots. Very carefully done, even though it's a fictional hospital. So was St. Elsewhere. I would love to see more of the outer environs, though. Maybe more ER work/ambulance shots, if possible. What can I say. I'm detail oriented.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oh! I think he's great! And yes, he is a prick. He's an arrogant jerk who thinks of no one but himself... but ya gotta love him. :D

P.S. He's SOOO hawt!
Which is why at some point I am going to get a haircut just like House shave my beard like his. Its really the cane thats going to cost money and maybe whatever over jacket he wears the most. Still I'll have to wear a hello name tag that says "Gregory House M.D." But for the most part I got the attitude down. I am anti-social, only have one real friend, I do make comments like house when I find a situation where I can.

Of course I can't be as funny as a scripted actor. But I swear if I was like 30 years older I would dress and act exactly like him since its not much of a farcry from me.

Also the reason the whole ER thing and normal gunshot/car accidents are avoided is House only works on cases no one else can figure out. Pulling bullets and glass etc from people isn't exactly what House is trained to do. Thats more stuff for TV shows like E.R.. Grey's, and M*A*S*H.

I also always thought that House was a sort of combo with M*A*S*H and E.R. thrown into each other at high speeds. Oh and a side of Who Done It for the medical cases.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
Oh, yuck. I hated MASH. Jokes everywhere, but so basic in form they aren't funny. Too much of that give-you-a-hard-time sense of humor.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Oh, yuck. I hated MASH. Jokes everywhere, but so basic in form they aren't funny. Too much of that give-you-a-hard-time sense of humor.
The funny thing is I HATED MASH too when I was 8. But when I was 14 I finally started to get into it since I finally understood the jokes and what was going on. But it was a original idea to film a show thats set in a mobile army hospital and try and make light of the situation they were facing. There was also a lot of drama too mainly in the episodes directed by Alan Alda "Hawkeye" himself.

I also can't wait to see what Kraiden is going to say. But I know its going to borderline worship of House just by judging from his picture.

Role
Diaper Lover
I thought haus was based on something in reality, I assume I was thinking of another show.

E

Error404

House. The more serious, more boring Doctor Cox.

Doctor Cox is my hero. <3

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Honestly he isn't a prick, he's just blunt.

There is a difference from being an asshole, and being painfully honest.

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Other
Justification

Cuz he's funny and smart and right
True, but he's also in pain. He might view his own pain as justification for having no reservations about hurting others. Now, if his coworkers actively hurt him (by punching, for example), that might be further used by House to justify his actions. Fairness and retribution.

One reason I enjoy House is that he isn't a simple victim. He is seeking retroactive control over his illness by controlling the illnesses of others. Diagnosis is then just a means of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.