Storm55

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Would the term "Age Dysphoria" be a legitimate term for a person who experiences AB tendencies? I was just wondering. Been doing some research into the psychology of my AB side. What do you think? Is there also any good peer review articles on AB tendencies that I could pick up and read? I've been fascinated about this subject for quite a bit and would love some reading material.

It is indeed; I identify more with Age Dysphoria/Age Identity Disorder than I do with the more common terms like Adult Baby and Infantilist; those terms are misnomers and imply that we're all infants on the inside whereas that's not the case; some of us identify more as newborns, some identify more as toddlers and still some identify more as five and six year olds. Personally I'm around 3 or 4 on the inside.

I felt the same way too; that this has always been more of an identity thing for me than a "fetish". Hope this helps. :)

Storm55 said:
Would the term "Age Dysphoria" be a legitimate term for a person who experiences AB tendencies? I was just wondering. Been doing some research into the psychology of my AB side. What do you think? Is there also any good peer review articles on AB tendencies that I could pick up and read? I've been fascinated about this subject for quite a bit and would love some reading material.

Hi sis I hear.

Like Johnny said.

For me it is who I am on the inside. There are lot of books out there but a lot of them thank that there is a problem that needs to be healed. I don't see it that way I'm just little me and that's ok.

I just see the world differently than everybody else.

A bit like the lyrics to John Lennon's imagine. thats saved you a lot of Reading. Now you will have time to do colouring in which is more fun.

JohnnyHamilton said:
It is indeed; I identify more with Age Dysphoria/Age Identity Disorder than I do with the more common terms like Adult Baby and Infantilist; those terms are misnomers and imply that we're all infants on the inside whereas that's not the case; some of us identify more as newborns, some identify more as toddlers and still some identify more as five and six year olds. Personally I'm around 3 or 4 on the inside.

I felt the same way too; that this has always been more of an identity thing for me than a "fetish". Hope this helps. :)

For me its my identity but I don't see it as a disorder or problem to be solved, its a perfectly healthy thing.. Everyone has a little on the inside but some of us show it more than others :) I am 2-3 on the inside :)

It sounds like people trying to lump ABDL into transgender rights the same way they equate it with sexuality to try and lump it in with LGBTQ rights. I find the practice somewhat offensive as it trivializes more serious issues.

Interesting terminology.
Perhaps age dysphoria is a useful term to describe Adult Babies and Littles.
But, classifying us medically does have drawbacks, like referring to us as diseased and needing to be cured.
The medical model is also not helpful to us adults like me who have Autism.
Because I am Autistic, does not mean that I am diseased.

I would not use dysphoria to describe myself and I'd caution strongly against adopting it as a standard term for people with ABDL interests. Dysphoria represents a severe suffering for people that have it, typically with regard to gender. It's a cause of depression, disorientation, and pain that typically requires medical treatment.

While ABDL interests can lead to isolation or depression for social reasons, I believe that for the majority of ABDLs there is no comparable physical and psychological effect to dysphoria. The majority of ABDLs that I have seen want to act little at times but also be an adult at other times, and live a full life encompassing all these things. They do not suffer because of their physiological age nor do they seek to somehow change their age permanently as the only way to relieve their suffering. So, I think dysphoria is not an appropriate description for the majority of ABDLs.

whatever happened to 'sadness'?

This term has it's place for me for I certainly have weird dysphoric experiences when I'm regressed. However, because this whole thing is is so confusingly intertwined with the physical reality of actually being an adult, and the necessity to function and survive in the world, I have, like most regressive ABs I guess, developed the ability to cope with physical reality most of the time while learning to suspend disbelief when regressing.

So back to dysphoria. Well, I know that for some, there is a serious psychological disorder where the person simply cannot accept their physical condition ... being trapped in the wrong body etc... it's definitely not that bad for me, but I'm starting to get sadder as I think about getting older, like while I can still look kinda boyish it's not too bad, but I'm not sure how I'll be feeling when that goes.

The awesome thing about regression is that feelings and thoughts can almost completely override any sense of physical reality ... it's only occasionally where I might for example notice my hairy arm when I'm deeply regressed, that I might be slightly startled. Mostly though, since my body has developed concurrently with my little self always there, it's more of a happy symbiotic relationship, each side respectful of the other.

Mostly rather than dysphoria, it is a sad lament for a body that is no longer there. I so wish that I was small enough to curl up on my partners lap...sigh. It is extraordinary how diapers and other paraphernalia can assist with suspension of disbelief. I think that has a lot to do with transposing adult physical sensations with familiarly infantile ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back