The Shortest Poem Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Now, after a long and trying time of writers block, I have created a poem.

The Shortest Poem Ever. Written by: Candyman.

`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`

Thank you all for taking the time to read my poem. It may be a little short, but this way, you can try to find the meaning of it! After all, isn't it a true critics duty to do as such. Please, use constructive criticism.

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
Bravo! Bravo! This was insane! I'm with the cow, it was so powerful. :) :D :(

(Setting aside the humor of this thread, shouldn't this be in off-topic or something? It's humorous, but still.)

--The Silent Assassin--

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
This is serious, damn it. I want you to explain to me what you think it means.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think it means that you shouldn't quit your day job.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The world. The world is reflected in that poem. Your poem condenses the history of the world into just a period. The period is like how small we are in the world, and how small the world is in the universe. Like a period, the world is an essential part. You need a period to end a sentence. It defines a sentence. Our world defines the universe. Not just our world, but any planet. You can't have a universe with out planets, and our planets are what defines the universe.

Better?

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Wonderful. By your reasoning, it would also mean that the world is the end. Prophetic?

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Other
You're having your period?
You've got nothing to say?
A pixel is worth a thousand words?
Art is what you make of it?

...I'll add more ideas randomly, either in a new post, or in the form of an edit.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Think harder. A poems true meaning is never the obvious.

adaffme149

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, , Other
It means you missed being in Club Modset? (No, I'm kidding on that one. I'm glad you're out of it, and I honestly think that this thread has a point, but should either be in Off-Topic, or Mature Topics.)
Seriously, I have an idea, though.
It represents the Ourobouris (The snake that eats its' own tail.) The beginning is also the end. Everything goes in a circle, it ends right where it starts. Just as the world will. It means everything is pointless. (Pardon the pun. Seriously.) After all, time began, and so time will end. There will be no meaning in anything we have done. We are born, and so we shall die. There will have been no real point in life.
Am I right?

baconbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
I think the meaning is you have nothing better to do so you wanted to confuse everyone with `~ repeated over and over again.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer

That's not the poem. That's what's separating the poem from the text at the bottom.

satyrical

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
You feel that you've reached the end already, and there's nothing before the end in the first place. The period signals the finishing of a sentence, and that it is there alone signals to me that you feel there never was a sentence in the first place; you feel that the period- the end- is all there is, and nothing comes before it. You've reached the end before you could have begun.

It's bleak, but understandable.

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
See people? This is how you critic a poem. You don't state the obvious. You tear it apart until you see what even the poet himself didn't.

Silikon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
You know you can be genius for that poem if you market it right and have a good enough philosophy.

Just look up John Cage's 4'33", you'll see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.