"THE RULES" one flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html is a nearly perfect document; I have read and reread it; I have spammed it; I have put it in front of peoples' noses whole or in part. And I consider it ADISC scripture: our core values.

Nearly perfect: I would amend one thing. in this section

7. Don't make posts telling other people what to do, or what not to do, on the forum. That is the moderators' job. If you see someone acting badly, contact the mods about it

should be removed or amended. Moo's intention is clear to me that he means we should not be pushy, rude, or overbearing: and CERTAINLY NOT abuse our loudness or popularity or high repcount to intimidate people, to make them afraid to speak up or defend themselves, or afraid to ask questions or speak their mind.

We can and do - and should - tell "people what to do" as to how to act according to our customs and rules, and use the site features: to wrap stuff in spoilers, break walls of text into paragraphs, not use L33t, avoid the memes we disallow, and so on.

I say remove it: the fewer rules we have to list the better: it really is covered by the others. But if it need be explicit, perhaps something more along the lines of the following would be better:

1.7 (new) If you correct someone, do so as a suggestion not an order; be polite and suggest an improved way for them to express themselves. Try to avoid strong language, instead try to speak gently but firmly. When orders are necessary, leave it up to the mods; but do point out to them where they should intervene, in "Requests Forum".

Last edited:
J

Jeffy

This sounds like a good idea to me n.n

I stand behind it 110%

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
I found another rules bug.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
That's right folks! No sex talk is to take place AT ALL, WHATSOEVER on this forum. Naughty naughty! And the f-word is banned too. :)

Then again, I just read that part of the rules for the first time today, and I'm a mod, so that says a lot about how formal we really are. :p

--Danny :ninja:

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
I found another rules bug.

That's right folks! No sex talk is to take place AT ALL, WHATSOEVER on this forum. Naughty naughty! And the f-word is banned too. :)

Then again, I just read that part of the rules for the first time today, and I'm a mod, so that says a lot about how formal we really are. :p

--Danny :ninja:

Fucking titties.

inb4 ban

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
The 'no telling others what to do' rule was changed to:
  1. If you correct someone, do so politely, constructively, and with tact. Make it a suggestion, not an order.
  2. If you see someone violating the rules, contact the mods about it, using the report post button (
    report.gif
    ). Once this is done, move on. It is not necessary to reply to them.
As to really wide rule prohibiting anything that prohibits anything "sexually oriented", and thus might cover trivial things like someone saying they were gay, I've re-written that legal section.

The legal section now basically says:

1. People are responsible for what they post/upload/etc. If they post/etc something illegal, we (the staff) are not legally liable - they are. This protects us against being sued by someone who was offended by something a user wrote.
  2. People who leave the site have no legal right to have their posts/etc taken down. This protects us from anyone threatening to sue us for not deleting their posts on demand.
  3. Nothing on this forum should be construed as professional advice (e.g: medical advice). This protects us against being sued because someone on the forum gave bad information, and someone else followed it, and got hurt.
  4. We webmasters reserve the right to delete/edit anything we want at any time, without providing a reason. This reminds everyone that they have no legal right to complain if their stuff is edited/deleted.
  5. If any of the above should be found to be invalid/illegal/unenforcable, the remaining clauses still have legal force. This means that someone can't try to get these rules thrown out because one of them might be invalid in some remote jurisdiction.

These legal rules are not new, but they should be clearer now than they were before.
Obviously, if you can find a better legal disclaimer which states the same things as the one I put in the rules thread, please send it to me via PM. :)

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Nothing on this forum should be construed as professional advice (e.g: medical advice). This protects us against being sued because someone on the forum gave bad information, and someone else followed it, and got hurt.

Does that count when people say that it's possible to become IC just from wearing and using diapers on a 24/7 basis?

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur

Excellent amendments. Thank-you Moo.

And let us add that when staff make a final decision - on anything- there is no use complaining, at least not in public.

New thread time.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There is a lot of legal content to be found on the internet. I suspect Moo has researched. My family has gone through some of this as my mother in law wants to leave the Canadian property to her grandchildren, my kids. Wow, what a legal mess with the Canadian taxes! Eventually we had to go see a real lawyer. I wonder if Moo has done this, especially in some past cases where adisc was at jeopardy?

Anyway, disclaimers are always a good idea. Otherwise, we'd all be drinking hot coffee sitting at the computer blogging on adisc, and invariably, the coffee would fall into our laps, and so naturally, we would sue Moo. I know I've tried dozens of times, but he has those damn disclaimers! One states, always wear plastic pants while drinking hot coffee and blogging on adisc. The thick diaper and plastic pant will protect your privacy. Moo can not be responsible for stupidity.

And it was the stupidity clause that beat me in court. Damn you Moo!!!

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
^Nice ;D

I'm in agreeance that if you wish to get bulletproof disclaimers though, go to a real lawyer(or at least get credentials from this "Angela" character you folks mentioned, if they're a lawyer, they shouldn't have any trouble faxing you some sort of proof), and it might not be a good idea, seeing the broad variety of potentially "offensive" discussions that go on here

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
The legal section now basically says:

1. People are responsible for what they post/upload/etc. If they post/etc something illegal, we (the staff) are not legally liable - they are. This protects us against being sued by someone who was offended by something a user wrote.
  2. People who leave the site have no legal right to have their posts/etc taken down. This protects us from anyone threatening to sue us for not deleting their posts on demand.
  3. Nothing on this forum should be construed as professional advice (e.g: medical advice). This protects us against being sued because someone on the forum gave bad information, and someone else followed it, and got hurt.
  4. We webmasters reserve the right to delete/edit anything we want at any time, without providing a reason. This reminds everyone that they have no legal right to complain if their stuff is edited/deleted.
  5. If any of the above should be found to be invalid/illegal/unenforcable, the remaining clauses still have legal force. This means that someone can't try to get these rules thrown out because one of them might be invalid in some remote jurisdiction.

These legal rules are not new, but they should be clearer now than they were before.
Obviously, if you can find a better legal disclaimer which states the same things as the one I put in the rules thread, please send it to me via PM. :)

In my opinion Moo has written the disclaimers as well as they can possibly be. The complication is that ADISC covers every jurisdiction in the world. Of course it would be ideal to craft specifically for each country.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Would a blanket statement of "We are not responsible for you being a moron." work?

Status
Not open for further replies.