The right pacifier for me

Katie2fingers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
So I had my adult paci a lot this week thinking it wouldn't make the side of my tongue sore like my 18 to 36 NUK paci, but it did.. It doesn't hurt when I have it, but after I have it, a few hours later, it hurts. I do have a tongue thrust with my cerebral palsy, but I don't think that's it either. It might be from playing with my toys but idk. Any advice would be great, thanks

Katie2fingers said:
So I had my adult paci a lot this week thinking it wouldn't make the side of my tongue sore like my 18 to 36 NUK paci, but it did.. It doesn't hurt when I have it, but after I have it, a few hours later, it hurts. I do have a tongue thrust with my cerebral palsy, but I don't think that's it either. It might be from playing with my toys but idk. Any advice would be great, thanks
I got my adult binky today but it seems to have a ridge on it that hurts my tongue. Do you think this could be it?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Silicone or latex rubber nipple?

NooNoo said:
Hmmm...silicone tends to be far less problematic with allergies and resultant tongue irritation. I know my pacifiers have a very light molding ridge on the nipples, wonder if your tongue might be sensitive to it? It'd be sad if it was, pacifiers aren't s'posed to hurt. :cry: 🧸

Cheap generic pacis have a sharp ridge on them

Little for Big ones do not have that issue .

Reactions: NooNoo and BobbiSueEllen
Is it possible to reduce the ridge with an emery board and wash 'em well?

Which pacifier brand do you have that's doing this?

BobbiSueEllen said:
Hmmm...silicone tends to be far less problematic with allergies and resultant tongue irritation. I know my pacifiers have a very light molding ridge on the nipples, wonder if your tongue might be sensitive to it? It'd be sad if it was, pacifiers aren't s'posed to hurt. :cry: 🧸
I think that’s what it is.

BobbiSueEllen said:
Is it possible to reduce the ridge with an emery board and wash 'em well?

Which pacifier brand do you have that's doing this?
ABDL factory. Is that bad?

Wowsers, I see a LOT of pacifiers for sale there. I've never ordered from them, are these the Nuk lookalikes you see everywhere? Got a pic?

Last edited:
Oops, we overlapped! Now I see...I have about twenty (!!!) of those, a couple of 'em have slightly-pronounced molding ridges but are still okay on my tongue. Those are the BabyPants/Ten@Night style...they're good but obviously they're causing you problems. No Bueno. Have you looked into LittleForBig pacifiers? I have six, the nipples feel a little better.

and these

My go-to is Little for big pacifiers, they have great shields, awesome teats that don’t deflate, and they don’t have that obnoxious seam in them! You can either buy them on amazon (like I do) or you can buy them from their website.

🍼💖🥳Link:🥳💖🍼

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I got my L4Bs on eBay, there's a backup option for ya. Hope ya find something that works, binkies shouldn't hurt! 🤗 🧸

Reactions: LilxFawn
BobbiSueEllen said:
Wowsers, I see a LOT of pacifiers for sale there. I've never ordered from them, are these the Nuk lookalikes you see everywhere? Got a pic?
Where?

I will use for now.

It's okay, we got it, our posts overlapped.

Do you think latex is better?

Good question. Are you allergic to latex? If not, it may just work for you. I'd buy a latex baby pacifier and try that first, just to test.

Back