the pull of 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
We already have several threads discussing this. It is entirely possible to retrain the bladder to no longer be potty trained. Of course, the time required varies greatly depending upon several factors.
Really, I never recalled anyone here being a medical doctor at all. I am with Draconil Tailsfire on this. He brings up a VERY good point that I find very hard to disprove unless you been a life long bedwetter or use pills to try and damage your own body.

However I did wear 24/7 for nearly a week once and I did feel like I could not hold as much. I never seen any proof that wearing 24/7 has ever made anyone need diapers.
----------------
Now playing: Gym Class Heroes - Cupids Chokehold
via FoxyTunes

Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy
I'm sorry, but as far as I know it simply is not possible. I'm 23. I've been scouring sites since I was 12 and able to clear the history and sneak online. I've been to the DPF chat, the AOL diapers room, ABY, and many a forum. Not in all my years of very carefully scanning the bullshit stories and fantasies from people, have I ever once seen this prove to be true, and I have come across quite a few that are 24/7, who hasn't lost control at all in 2-3+ years. I went 18 months and not even the tiniest change.

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Other
Everyone is different, plain and simple. You cannot dismiss it as not possible when there are obviously some people out there who have achieved it. Just because it hasn't worked for you does not mean that it didn't happen to someone whose control wasn't the best to begin with.

Any muscle deteriorates with lack of use. Eventually control will be lost. It takes a little more than just wearing a diaper to achieve it, but it is certainly possible.

Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Sissy
Everyone is different, plain and simple. You cannot dismiss it as not possible when there are obviously some people out there who have achieved it. Just because it hasn't worked for you does not mean that it didn't happen to someone whose control wasn't the best to begin with.

Any muscle deteriorates with lack of use. Eventually control will be lost. It takes a little more than just wearing a diaper to achieve it, but it is certainly possible.
Luvsgirl, the thing is, unless you wet the bed, at night you'll simply hold it in. 6-8 hours of bladder exercise is more than enough to maintain it. maintaining muscles within the body is a lot easier than improvement, inside and out. :sweatdrop:

Luvsgirl, in all honesty I've met a ton of people who have gone 24/7. But I certainly don't believe anyone who have claimed they lost control because the people who didn't were in identical situations. (and much more believable situations. )

and I STILL cannot edit. Lets not go any further than opinion. confirming if someone has lost control or not is your word over theirs, and look how easy it is to lie over the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zeit

...I certainly don't believe anyone who have claimed they lost control because the people who didn't were in identical situations. (and much more believable situations. )
SUre, that seems possible that they didn't lose control but they may have lessened it by keeping themselves fully diapered at all times. Muscles will degenerate if they aren't being exercised properly and full atrophy can and will come in a matter of time. For some it could be moths, others could be several years. We're all different.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
The reason those who wear 24/7 for years don't lose control, is most likely because they don't pee at even the slightest urge...Sure, even doing that for years, they will probably have SOME control, but not enough to make them feel secure without wearing a diaper...That's probably as close to completely incontinent you can get with diapers...As for completely incontinent, you would probably need some kinds of drugs to make it so you can't control the muscles that hold in your pee

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
In my humble opinion, bladder control can be lost. In my experience, it took over 5 years to lose some bladder control at night. After a decade of wearing diapers to bed, my control is almost gone. I am sorry to have sparked this debate, and can understand your point of view. Most of the people claiming to have lost control mention excessively short wear times (days or weeks) and are not believable. Any time someone says it was quick or easy is, in my opinion, lying.

I started regularly wearing diapers to bed in 1997 right after I got my driver's license. This was done simply because that was the most convenient time to wear them. In 2002, no control had been lost yet. September 2002, I moved into a place of my own and discovered a local store that sold by the case. By May of 2003, I woke up to a wet diaper a few times a week. From July 2003 - November 2003, I was unable to get diapers due to location. During that time, I wet the bed twice. When I got back into a place of my own, diaper wearing at night started again. By July of 2006, waking up to a wet diaper was almost a daily occurrence. Currently, I am trying to unlearn the previous years of training and regain bladder control at night.

I certainly understand people being skeptical at claims of lost bladder control due to diapers. I also agree with your opinion that it is impossible to permanently lose bladder control just by wearing diapers. However, Drakonil Tailsfire's statement is in my opinion false. Most control can be given up. Since proof is not possible to send over the internet, I will respect your opinion. Just keep in mind, some of us strongly disagree.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I have no personal experience with this, but I believe that most people maintain control because they hold it whenever they need to go. After a while, if you let go whenever you feel like you need to pee, I think that would weaken your bladder muscle over some period of time, but every time you wait, that just strengthens it.

That's pretty much just an opinion, but I think it makes sense.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I do not agree with going diapered 24/7 a black, but being AB 24/7 is a black hole in my opinion. Going diapered 24/7 can be done fairly easily without interfering with your life, yes some sacrifices will have to be made, like spending the money for the supplies and making sure you carry around an extra change in your car or something. Beyond those few sacrifices it can be done without interfering with relationships, job (depends on job), and other activities. As for going AB 24/7 I would say it is a black hole, it just can't be done, well it could be, but not sanely. Can you imagine how quickly and dramatically your reputation in your local area would shatter when people see you being pushed around in a stroller in a diaper and baby clothes!!! It would not be a pretty picture for anyone who did that, unless you live in a AB/DL utopia city/community or something (which does not even exist, yet).

As for me, I will not marry any girl until I find a girl who accepts my infantilism entirely, by letting me do what I do. her participating is not a must, but I would prefer her to on occasion in privacy. I agree that no infantilist should ever marry someone without telling them, and if you know they won't accept it, well obviously they were the "true" person for you.

Luvsgirl, the thing is, unless you wet the bed, at night you'll simply hold it in. 6-8 hours of bladder exercise is more than enough to maintain it.
I'll admit you have a good point, but this can, or can not stop you from loosing control. It depends on how you go about it. If you do not drink anything 2 hours before bed, and make sure to empty your bladder before bed, then you will not wake up with more than 2-3 ounces of pee in your bladder, which is less than half of a metric cup, which is hardly anything. That would be suffeicent enough to keep your bladder from stretching and being used.

Obviously it is possible as Jeramiah has showed to loose control at night, as many others have lost control at night on here too! It is also able to loose control during the day too as diaperedbabybrian has showed, he made a huge thread on how he was scarred to go on a trip to see his gf without his diapers cause he been diapered 24/7 for over a year and could barely hold any pee. So yes, it CAN be done in my opinion, but there are also a lot of liars claiming they have done it when they have not. I will agree and say 100% bladder loose can not be obtained by diapers alone, not even newborns do that. If newborns were 100% incon. then they would drip a couple drops of pee every few minutes or so, because their bladder would be completly incompacitated. Even babies pee a few ounces, showing that their bladder CAN hold some very small amount for a short period of time. The only people who have 100% loose of control is people who have serious damage to their bladders from a car accident or some other tragic event. Only those people drain their bladder as it is being filled, which keeps no more than an ounce in their bladder at one time, or less.

timmywimmy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
This is all very interesting, but most of you aren't talking about what I meant! As an AB I meant the (absurd and unrealistic) dream of finding someone to whom I could surrender every vestige of my adult identity. Now, there is no chance of such a thing happening. No adult woman would be willing or able (emotionally or - possibly more importantly! - financially) to commit to looking after a man on such a basis. My problem is that the fantasy refuses to wither away. I would actually be happy enough if it could simply be a fantasy - but the fantasy wants the reality. SO it's not just a question of wearing and using 24/7 - and hopefully finding myself becoming incontinent over time. The fantasy wants the woman too, the infancy. Eclipse understands, I think - it's not just d/l; it's the whole AB thing. I wish it would go away! I really do.

K

KittyKat

I wish I could be an AB 24/7 but I know that isn't possible. I still wish that I could have someone to take care of me all the time. I wouldn't go out in public regressed. I would stay at my house all the time. I do like some of the aspects of adult life, though, so maybe I would only like to be AB half a day, every day.

IncompleteDude

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I used to want to be ABDL 24/7, but it did fade after about a year. Now I just enjoy it sporadically, but especially at bedtime! Ohhh I love bedtime, because that's baby time, with my sleeper, paci and plushies. I just wish I had someone to tuck me in and give me a kiss. :) I don't think that's too much to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.