• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

The old "hand in warm water" trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Has anyone ever tried it on themselves? I'd think it would be an interesting feeling to go to bed dry and wake up wet..

I'm just not sure if it's just a theory (the whole trick itself) or if there is some mental block when you do it to yourself (such as tickling yourself- it just doesn't have the same effect as someone else tickling you because you are expecting it).

Has anyone ever seen this trick successfully done to someone else?

Also, for those of us who don't know, this is an old sleepover trick. Supposedly you stick someone's hand in warm water while they are sleeping and it makes them pee themselves. Best explanation I could find of why it *probably* works:

Yahoo Answers said:
Insofar as The Hand In Warm Water trick works at all depends on the power of suggestion--simply thinking about water, or in this case dreaming about it, makes you want to go to the bathroom.

This is likely to happen while the sleeper is in "active sleep” or REM sleep (rapid eye movements) when the brain is still "open for business". For example, people often respond verbally to questioning, exhibit emotional facial expressions, and get erections during REM sleep. It is very likely that if you were to try this on a sleeper in either stage 3 or 4 (known as delta wave or quiet sleep) the result would be different. It is in these two stages that neuroscientists believe humans loose consciousness completely.

The effectiveness of the stunt is a matter of debate. Some urologists scoff at the idea. But other medics have been known to tell patients having a tough time urinating after rectal surgery to put their hands in warm water. Merely letting the water run in a nearby sink sometimes works, too.
also this one:
Yahoo Answers again said:
This is a theory.
Heating the hand causes the blood in small capillaries to heat up, or more likely stimulates thermoreceptors in the skin. A rise in body temperature will reduce the sympathetic outflow to the smooth muscle in the blood vessel walls allowing dilation and cooling of the skin.
The sympathetic nervous system is also responsible for allowing bladder filling. If sympathetic stimulation is decreased the parasympathetic will dominate, allowing the internal urethral sphincter to relax and the bladder to contract. Although these two things should not be linked, could there be some crossing over in effect?

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
We tried it on my friend when we were like 15. He just woke up and went to the bathroom...

S

soren456

We tried it at a summer camp. It did not work.

But it did draw extra KP to us when we were caught in the act.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
yeah someone did it to me - but used boiling water out of the kettle, and burned my hand instead.

S

soren456

What is this KP you speak of?
KP is kitchen patrol. It is washing dishes, setting tables, cleaning up, helping the cooks.

Everyone had it once. Extra times or extra chores were meted as punishment, and meant that you couldn't be out on the lake or the courts or--worse--not sewing your moccasins.

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy, Carer
That was always my favorite joke in high school.

You wait for your friend to fall asleep, put their hand in warm water, and then piss on them.

Role
Diaper Lover
We tried that but it didn't work. We just poured warm water on the victim very slowly. The outcome was hell-arious.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I did it to my drunken buddy in a bar, he was passed out on a stool, after awhile I just poured the water on him and told him he wet his pants while sleeping at the bar.

I never told him any different he still thinks he wet himself while passed out, that was in the mid to late 70's, a great time to be alive.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A friend and I tried it when I was sleeping over at his house. The other guy he had over was asleep, and so we decided we'd try this little trick. The only problem was, we couldn't agree whether it was warm water or cold water. I insisted it was warm, but he insisted it was cold. In the end I let him use cold water, haha. Needless to say, it did not work. Our friend woke up and chased us around for a little :p.

AidanKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
My brudder and I wanna try that to each other next time he is here. We will test it out.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I tried it on myself, but I used cold water because... I don't know.

I did make me need to go to the toilet, but nothing happened while I slept.

It made my hand cold.
Brrrrr.

LittleMonster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I worked as a dishwasher for a while, and a few times when I put my hands into the warm water in the sink, I would immediately need to go pee.

That could be just me though...

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny:This happened to me at camp. I was about 14 and went to the bunkhouse in the afternoon for a nap. I woke up disoriented and soaked. (A friend told me later that the trick didn't work - so they poured warm water over my crotch area while I slept).

I woke with other campers around my bunk telling me to get up - that it was morning and that I missed breakfast. They told me I wet the bed and to get changed because we were going to the beach (we were at Ocean Shores, WA) for morning devotionals.

It turns out it was evening (I'd only slept for a couple hours) and that we were having a BBQ on the beach.

BTW: I've never seen this trick actually work.:bunny:

NinjaRider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I don't see why it wouldn't every time I put my hand under the faucet to test the water before a shower I have the biggest urge to pee

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I don't see why it wouldn't every time I put my hand under the faucet to test the water before a shower I have the biggest urge to pee
It's just one of God's various ways of screwing with us, I say. ^_^

incon50

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I agree with Ninjarider, I just have to step into the shower and the very warm water elicits an autonomic response.

Role
Babyfur
I've read about this. Apparently it only works if you have a somewhat weak bladder to begin with, and just kinda gently nudges you to wet. It's no guarantee, but you never know.

WoodlandWanderer

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
I think just about everybody's heard of this, but almost nobody has seen it work. Although I think pouring the warm water on them to make them think it worked can be just as pleasing.

I think a better system would be to make something that made a dripping water sound all night. I don't know about anyone else, I don't ever remember wetting the bed but dripping or running water makes me want to pee. Everytime I put the shower on I have to use the loo. Maybe it would work.

I've read about this. Apparently it only works if you have a somewhat weak bladder to begin with, and just kinda gently nudges you to wet. It's no guarantee, but you never know.
However like you said I imagine for the urge to actually make you go you have to almost be wetting the bed anyway. So all you'll probably do is make them wet early.

All in all I reckon it's just an urban legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.