The Next Big Diaper?

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So the ABU AlphaGators and Little Kings have been out for a good while now and have clearly made a huge impact. I see them all over the place and have bought Little Kings multiple times at this point. They clearly made a huge splash in the space and everyone is in love with these things. But it makes me wonder what is up next. What’s coming down the line that’s gonna have the same impact, or what does that product need to do now that position printing has brought ABDL diapers that much closer to their modern baby diaper counter parts. Or is there another new hot trend in the ABDL world that is going to come along. Springtime is when all the new diapers typically hatch, and we get all the crazy announcements. ABU just announced kinda of a refresh on a bunch of diapers that hold more now then ever before.

What does everyone think it’s gonna be?

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL

Blue2006

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Already occurring. Not necessarily new, but rearz released 2 more mega diapers that absorb 8500 ML. Safari and inspire plus. The Dino version has been out for a while. I know with the critter caboose, they seem to actually lock in wetness better. I think for a while, everyone is going to increase capacity and hopefully functionality. I’d still like to see an overall thicker heavier diaper. They just keep adding more SAP.

Reactions: Pete, MetalDan86, dlboylife and 4 others

Pamperhead

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wish that the old scent of Pampers could be re-created and offered up as an option. I'm aware of the scent options out there, but none of them hit the note quite right for me.

• Love
Reactions: MetalDan86, PlastiBrain, SoFloDL and 5 others

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think the current hot item are the solid colors. Trest and NRU both have released pink and blue. I know I've purchased both already. I would like to see other color choices.

Reactions: soggybottoms8882, TigerDL and bigtoddler96

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pantyman said:
I think the current hot item are the solid colors. Trest and NRU both have released pink and blue. I know I've purchased both already. I would like to see other color choices.
Hopefully the trend continues but in pastels and not overly bright and obnoxious looking colors. Like a pastel lavender, green, yellow and with a cloth like backing too.

• Love
Reactions: baliebox4916, MetalDan86, babyBeatSaber and 5 others

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hope the next innovation in ABDL diapers are gonna be the wetness channels. I'd also like to ABU tweak the LKs and AGZs to a stretchy side panels with one large tape per side or come up with a whole new diaper. Have them in size ranges other than sm/m or lg/xl. Bambino has the idea with the Magnifico and Bianco stretchy sides but unfortunately for me the sm/medium is too small and the lg/xl fit but they stretch too much after wearing and wetting that they become too loose, requiring adjusting to the point where the tabs practically over lap each other. They need an in between size to get a better fit.

Maybe...just maybe.... the next big thing will be an adult pull-up that mocks currents toddler pull-ups like so many are wishing and asking for. I mean the company reps from the big 3 are on here so they should know what their clientele are wanting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ss818, WillFord384, MetalDan86 and 4 others

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Nowididit said:
I hope the next innovation in ABDL diapers are gonna be the wetness channels. I'd also like to ABU tweak the LKs and AGZs to a stretchy side panels with one large tape per side or come up with a whole new diaper. Have them in size ranges other than sm/m or lg/xl. Bambino has the idea with the Magnifico and Bianco stretchy sides but unfortunately for me the sm/medium is too small and the lg/xl fit but they stretch too much after wearing and wetting that they become too loose, requiring adjusting to the point where the tabs practically over lap each other. They need an in between size to get a better fit.

Maybe...just maybe.... the next big thing will be an adult pull-up that mocks currents toddler pull-ups like so many are wishing and asking for. I mean the company reps from the big 3 are on here so they should know what their clientele are wanting.
I would defiantly say they are aware of what the market wants, the question really is how. I’ve said forever now, that I’d love to see the stretchy sides come in, it’s like the last piece of the puzzle to get modern baby diaper remakes. Adult pull ups are apart of that stretchy material and I feel like someone out there is trying to figure it all out.

Seems like the major trend is still who can get the highest capacity diaper.

Reactions: Serendiapity, chiaochai, Davvyboy and 1 other person

Timpro24

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
Pamperhead said:
I wish that the old scent of Pampers could be re-created and offered up as an option. I'm aware of the scent options out there, but none of them hit the note quite right

I found out that if I buy luvs diapers and stack them in my adult diapers the scent goes on them an I can smell it all day with every diaper I am wearing

Reactions: Pamperhead

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
BabyLink9 said:
I would defiantly say they are aware of what the market wants, the question really is how. I’ve said forever now, that I’d love to see the stretchy sides come in, it’s like the last piece of the puzzle to get modern baby diaper remakes. Adult pull ups are apart of that stretchy material and I feel like someone out there is trying to figure it all out.

Seems like the major trend is still who can get the highest capacity diaper.
The ABDL diapers that are the most similar to child pull-ups are Tykable's Galactic/Unicorns and most of LFB's diapers. They have colored sides, but they still have tapes.

• Angry
Reactions: baliebox4916

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You know I want a true high-capacity pull up. Something that will take multiple floods and not leak. I do enjoy pull ups sometimes but being I flood I often have a leak the first time.

• Angry
Reactions: baliebox4916, Ravensteel and HellNo

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wish that they create a nappy using the same plastic backing that was on the old 90's Pampers or the old Attends.

For me that would definitely be something I would buy in the case load

Reactions: Pete and Vintage84

K00paTr00pa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I just want Abu to make all white version of the Little Kings diapers at the same price point as Super Dry Kids (or close to it). The hook and loop tabs make them the easiest diapers to reposition and the cloth they used is the softest by far.

Reactions: TigerDL, Jonnythepony, MetalDan86 and 2 others

neurokandel

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
Crinklesounds said:
I wish that they create a nappy using the same plastic backing that was on the old 90's Pampers or the old Attends.

K00paTr00pa said:
I just want Abu to make all white version of the Little Kings diapers at the same price point as Super Dry Kids (or close to it). The hook and loop tabs make them the easiest diapers to reposition and the cloth they used is the softest by far.
oh yes crinkletown

Chocobo114

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I want a THICK when dry diaper! This SAP marketing is just smoke and mirrors I feel and I honestly don’t feel like they’re actually more absorbent. Doesn’t anyone remember the old Abena X-plus? I want a diaper thick like that and with high SAP!

Reactions: douglasfir77, Iron, Jonnythepony and 3 others

BunnyFofo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
To be honest I feel like the main reason AlphaGators/Little Kings are so popular is simply due to the artistic design of the prints.
They're on the high side of thick and absorbent sure, but they didn't break new ground there. They were following a trend rather than making it.
I'm happy with the case of AlphaGators I bought, but what made me pick them is really just the look of them. The absorbency/thickness helps and I wouldn't buy them without it, but it isn't the deciding factor when purchasing, at least not for me.

Reactions: TigerDL and Pamperhead

Venesha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
I'm just waiting for the "girls" version of little kings/alphagatorz. Hoping they do a new variant of them with a new take on the bunny hopps in a positional print.

I'd also like to see them do a thicker "overnight" diaper in the positional printing. Not necessarily more sap or more absorbancy than we already have. Don't need a 10,000ml diaper. That is getting a bit ridiculous. Just poofier....fluffier....I want a big thick padded butt that doesn't feel like I'm wearing an absorbent cinder block.

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384, TigerDL, baliebox4916 and 2 others

patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Crinklesounds said:

Have you tried wellness briefs? They use a very old style of plastic backing which is quite comfortable and feels very vintage. I can't say if it is exactly what you are looking for, but they do feel very different that most modern diapers and are much more like attends diapers from the 90s or early 2000s. If you like vintage diapers, they are at least worth trying out as they are widely available today, but feel vintage.

Reactions: Crinklesounds and douglasfir77

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Chocobo114 said:
I want a THICK when dry diaper! This SAP marketing is just smoke and mirrors I feel and I honestly don’t feel like they’re actually more absorbent. Doesn’t anyone remember the old Abena X-plus? I want a diaper thick like that and with high SAP!
We have 8500ml capacity diapers that are thick when dry, absorb like mad but don't wick. That's the problem. The older thicker diapers wicked, drawing the wetness throughout the diaper. Nothing like carrying a cantaloupe in the front of your crotch. I mean I can't even get the crotch wet in these new diapers before it starts feeling wet and ungodly uncomfortable.
I want the wicking back.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384 and Jonnythepony

DloverUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Chocobo114 said:
Same here. Personally, I would just love an insanely thick 'play' diaper (even if it was not particularly absorbent).

That said, I think the artwork seems to be the thing people care about most. LittleKingz and Alpagatorz are popular because they look like real baby diapers.

For my money, most of the ABU diaper companies have bad graphics. Tykables have some good designs, but their graphics kinda fall short on authenticity still. Rearz does not have good graphics and Bambino's are abysmal.

A company that makes a plastic-backed diaper with positional printing that looks like a real baby diaper would probably have a smash hit.

(Although personally I would be happy just to see even more authentic-looking vintage diapers like SDKs.)

bigtoddler96

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Venesha said:
I'm just waiting for the "girls" version of little kings/alphagatorz. Hoping they do a new variant of them with a new take on the bunny hopps in a positional print.

I'd also like to see them do a thicker "overnight" diaper in the positional printing. Not necessarily more sap or more absorbancy than we already have. Don't need a 10,000ml diaper. That is getting a bit ridiculous. Just poofier....fluffier....I want a big thick padded butt that doesn't feel like I'm wearing an absorbent cinder block.
Same as you, but I also want a baby blue version of Little Kings/Alphagatorz with boyish prints.