The new Goodnites

Status
Not open for further replies.
JWolf said:
Has anyone tried the Parent's Choice bed time pull up? Curious as to how they compare, I don't believe I've seen any posts about them

I use them sometimes, they work quite well, they aren't as soft as a Goodnites, they feel a little like some kind of cardboard. The only problem is price wise, they are very expensive compared to a box of Goodnites which turns out cheaper for each pants in the package. To me, they are sold for families that can't afford a 20$ pack of Goodnites, so they get a 12$ pack of 12 pants instead.

But they work really well and I would even say fit a little better than the Goodnites on me.

Reactions: JWolf
I'm back from my monthly run to Wal-Mart and maybe I'm lucky or not, I got the last box of the new designs that was on the shelves Now I can confirm they are much tighter fitting, but so far so good for me they didn't rip, but with their tighter fit, I won't wear them for long periods of times, it can be dangerous for certain cancer to have real tight stuff around your privates area. Anyways, I have a whole box of the old designs left, I'm thinking what to do with them, I may want to keep the box and sell it on ebay in 2-3 yrs to see if people would go crazy for them, even some parents would probably do anything to get them.

CodyBaby said:
With a 40" waist, I can't close them for sure, but they are really around same size in rise as the Goodnites, I was extremely surprised by the Rascal & friends size 6, they would almost fit if I could get some extenders on them, which I didn't think about trying, I use them as boosters.
I've tried the size 5 rascals (can't get 6 in NZ) and I could actually touch both tabs to the very edge of the front on my 32" waist. I dare say the size 6 would probably do up!

CodyBaby said:
I'm back from my monthly run to Wal-Mart and maybe I'm lucky or not, I got the last box of the new designs that was on the shelves Now I can confirm they are much tighter fitting, but so far so good for me they didn't rip, but with their tighter fit, I won't wear them for long periods of times, it can be dangerous for certain cancer to have real tight stuff around your privates area. Anyways, I have a whole box of the old designs left, I'm thinking what to do with them, I may want to keep the box and sell it on ebay in 2-3 yrs to see if people would go crazy for them, even some parents would probably do anything to get them.
The danger for cancer comes from heat, in which case anyone who wears briefs and boxer briefs (especially to bed) is pretty much screwed regardless. Tightness isn't actually correlated with any testicular pathology, except discomfort and pain, and possibly ischaemia in extreme cases.

FudgedInLuvs said:
I've been curious about those, and Target's Up&Up brand of gender neutral nighttime pull ups.
Walmart website gives them a 3.9 from 100 some people I think. I was hoping someone here would know something or has tried them, but I have never seen a post about them. Thinking about making a thread for it

Reactions: FudgedInLuvs
CodyBaby said:
I use them sometimes, they work quite well, they aren't as soft as a Goodnites, they feel a little like some kind of cardboard. The only problem is price wise, they are very expensive compared to a box of Goodnites which turns out cheaper for each pants in the package. To me, they are sold for families that can't afford a 20$ pack of Goodnites, so they get a 12$ pack of 12 pants instead.

But they work really well and I would even say fit a little better than the Goodnites on me.
Thanks for the reply! If they fit better than Goodnites for you, then they might for me too. How is the absorbency? I wonder why I never hear about them, gonna have to get a pack

JWolf said:
Walmart website gives them a 3.9 from 100 some people I think. I was hoping someone here would know something or has tried them, but I have never seen a post about them. Thinking about making a thread for it

Target's Up&Up gets 4.7 out of 37 reviews, I do like how both the store brands are gender neutral, but shocked that not many around here seem to us them. I've also come across another brand, that looks similar to the old all white Goodnites, and they have an XL size that goes up to 140, Sleepovers by Cuties. Really like the colors on Parents Choice, might have to get a pack just to try them

Reactions: JWolf
FudgedInLuvs said:
Target's Up&Up gets 4.7 out of 37 reviews, I do like how both the store brands are gender neutral, but shocked that not many around here seem to us them. I've also come across another brand, that looks similar to the old all white Goodnites, and they have an XL size that goes up to 140, Sleepovers by Cuties. Really like the colors on Parents Choice, might have to get a pack just to try them

Parents choice are plain white, unless its different in US, here in Canada they are plain white.

CodyBaby said:
Parents choice are plain white, unless its different in US, here in Canada they are plain white.
I've tried those

CodyBaby said:
Has to be a Canadian thing, in the US, they're advertised with two designs, one that has light blue fake underwear accents and assorted colored stars, and a second print with darker blue accents with dots and curves

FudgedInLuvs said:
Thanks for the info! Going to have to check those 3 out sometime

FudgedInLuvs said:
Has to be a Canadian thing, in the US, they're advertised with two designs, one that has light blue fake underwear accents and assorted colored stars, and a second print with darker blue accents with dots and curves

Wow, so much different in US I had no idea, sometimes I wish I could order them, but they won't reach outside of US border.

I've never heard of that brand either. But looks like they'll be available in the US someone soon.

Reactions: cmon6969
Having worn the XL Goodnites a few times now I’m a bit surprised that 1) They fit me and 2) They don’t leak as easily as I assumed they would.

I’m not slim or slender and I’m over 190lbs... They can take a full wetting as long as it’s not super fast.

If they ever put out a XXL is possibly switch over!!

neophyte said:
Having worn the XL Goodnites a few times now I’m a bit surprised that 1) They fit me and 2) They don’t leak as easily as I assumed they would.

I’m not slim or slender and I’m over 190lbs... They can take a full wetting as long as it’s not super fast.

If they ever put out a XXL is possibly switch over!!

I just tested the capacity of the new Goodnites that are much tighter, and I'm amazed that they didn't leak, I never take any chance and would never wet them while sitting cause that would be a disaster (tried it a couple of times, not good for adults) usually I put it on and soak them up gently and slowly while standing, then I put an adult diaper on top if something leaks, the adult diaper will catch it, then I feel confident enough to sit. I've wet them multiple times while laying in bed, it works fine cause the pressure on the padding is more distributed than if you are sitting on it.

They're so comfy, absorbent and very discreet. They feel more like normal underwear!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190911-041120.png
    Screenshot_20190911-041120.png
    186.6 KB · Views: 45
Parent's choice nighttime underpants are the same as what you find for most grocery store generic brands. The sides rip easily and are not nearly as stretchy as the Kimberly-Clark design. Target's UP&UP brand are the same design as Goodnites but seemingly lack absorbency and have weaker elastics in the sides, meaning they don't stay tight for very long. Had the same issue with the Family Dollar pants (also NLA since they switched to the above mentioned generic type that suck).

Currently wearing a new designed Goodnite, no complaints about the sides tearing as they fit my 33" waist just fine. The sides seem to be a bit tighter and they don't seem to loosen up after a few hours like the old ones. It's been a while since I've bought actual Goodnites, and I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back