The Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Okay, well I am thinking of going to see Valkeryie today and the price seems fair, $4.50 for a twilight show, but then the price of food there. Pardon my French, but GOD DAMN! $8.00 for a medium popcorn and a medium drink!!!! Anyone have good tips for sneaking food into the movies??? I am not going woth a girl, so can't stash it in her purse. Though, typing this I thought of a good way to smuggle in food in a girls purse to any event. Put the food at the bottom and like 3 or 4 diapers on the top of the food and that will stop anyone in their tracks, lol. Anyways any good tips on sneaking stuff into the theater???

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Cargo or Tripp pants, i'm able to smuggle in candy really easy that way.

Also if you go to see Valkeryie, do me a favor and post a review; i've been wanting to see it.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
When I was a kid I'd shove candy into my shoes. They never check your shoes.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
$9.95 for the ticket
$4.00 for an apple juice
$12.50 for a popcorn combo

Watching Edward on the big screen...

Priceless ^.^

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I never buy food at a theater anymore...Tickets cost enough as it is...And I usually see more than one movie while I'm there

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Valkyrie = good to go if you like WWII movies. I really thought it was well done, and kind of sad that the war had to go another 9 months because of 1 purely coincidental event and one act of cowardice. (Don't want to spoil it for ya)

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
If anything I just shove something in my pocket. I've never been asked to show anything, ever. Lately though if I bring anything it's like gum. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, and I can't really put much popcorn in my pockets.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
pockets. lots of pockets..and since it's winter you can use a heavy coat.

My dad always brings in cashews or crackers for himself. I always bring a pack of gum or some other small candy.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I never buy food at a theater anymore...Tickets cost enough as it is...And I usually see more than one movie while I'm there

I can't see a movie without movie-food. I don't even care if I'm dropping 50 bucks at a movie -- I want the whole experience. I feel like I screw myself over if I don't get the whole shebang!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I can't see a movie without movie-food. I don't even care if I'm dropping 50 bucks at a movie -- I want the whole experience. I feel like I screw myself over if I don't get the whole shebang!

I don't mind...The food isn't usually that great anyway (namely the popcorn)

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Where I am cinema prices are €9 ($14ish or £8.50(lol 2 months ago €9 would have been £5)). However they don't have any problem with you bringing in external food (because they're desperate for customers, 6 100+ seater screens, usually about 12 people in any film after the second day.)[/font]

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I usually go to the later showings around midnight and they usually don't even bother checking you for food, but then again I never really bring food in. In the summer I usually wear cargo shorts and occasionally I'll sneak some snacks into the movies, but they don't check me.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
6 dolla for a ticket for where I live.

Is it possible to get a girl to go to this movie? I don't want to go alone, and I R wondering if I can get a friend to go.

M

Mako

Wow, there are theatre's that still check for food? The famous players theatre here, I've walked in with a pizza with my friends and no one batted an eye. I wasn't even aware there were theatre's still so militant about this. Granted tickets are $10, but its the only theatre worth going to here.

<EDIT> That's $10 CAN, which is about $8 USD.

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
As someone who has worked in a movie theater, I can assure that I frankly don't give a damm about what you bring in a theater. The only thing that will make me act vigilant is a manager nearby. If you want to sneak something in, just put it in a pocket or purse. Backpacks are a bad idea because those can be considered a security threat, and then people care.

Oh, if we see you with a camera, we go nuts, mainly because the AFA gives $1,000 rewards for capturing anyone pirating a film or taking pictures.

Role
  1. Private
Holy shit guys, how bloody expensive are the movies where you live!? :eek:

I can get a ticket for $5 (student card on cheap nights, otherwise I think it's $6), a medium sized popcorn for $2.50 and a medium drink for $2.60.

$10.10-$11.10 in total. Mind you, that's Aussie dollars. It works out to about US$7-7.70.

I used to get it even cheaper too, at $4 a ticket because I used to work for that cinema chain! :D

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
You might be able to get a girl to go, I wanted to get one of my friends, who happens to be a girl to go, but she left for a skiing trip. :frown:

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Holy shit guys, how bloody expensive are the movies where you live!? :eek:

I can get a ticket for $5 (student card on cheap nights, otherwise I think it's $6), a medium sized popcorn for $2.50 and a medium drink for $2.60.

$10.10-$11.10 in total. Mind you, that's Aussie dollars. It works out to about US$7-7.70.

I used to get it even cheaper too, at $4 a ticket because I used to work for that cinema chain! :D

Oh GOD!

In this part of the hemisphere, we aren't comfortable unless our ass pocket has been penetrated for at LEAST $20 for the full monty (tix, lrg. popcorn& drink)

But that is in an air-conditioned, cushy recliner equipped, stadium style theater with digital projection and more speakers than a Who concert, so I can't really complain too loudly. ( they might take it back ) =)

I wonder if priceline.com can get tickets to Australia for a movie!

Role
  1. Private
But that is in an air-conditioned, cushy recliner equipped, stadium style theater with digital projection and more speakers than a Who concert, so I can't really complain too loudly. ( they might take it back ) =)

Same here. :D

Leather or fabric reclining seat, air-con, stadium style seating, digital projection and awesome sound quality... and to top it off, one of the theatres has the largest screen in my whole region (it's a converted IMAX theatre).

All still for $5/6 a ticket. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.