The Martian

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Starrunner

Just wondering if anyone has seen this movie. I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic. A great science fiction concept combined with realistic science, and Matt Damon gave a great performance. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Starrunner's verdict: 9/ 10.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I saw it on its opening week with some friends. We were a bit desperate for a good movie to see and didn't have huge expectations. I was very impressed. I love Ridley Scott when he's firing on all cylinders and he was in this. Damon was excellent and the movie didn't feel nearly as long as its runtime. I wonder how effective it will be as a NASA recruitment film?

disneygeek

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am planning on seeing this in a couple days, I thought the trailer looked great and I'm really excited to watch. Glad you both gave it a positive review.

Gardener

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I saw it the first weekend and I though it was great. Definitely go see it!

MickeyM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I went to go see it but It was sold out and it was 20 minutes to the showing =(
Need to find a new theater that does not do reserved seating.
Who the hell reserves a seat at a movie....
I mean going to the movies is going to the movies, it's a spur of the moment thing.

S

Starrunner

Mark Watney, Space Pirate.

"I'm going to science the shit out of this planet,"

I went to go see it but It was sold out and it was 20 minutes to the showing =(
Need to find a new theater that does not do reserved seating.
Who the hell reserves a seat at a movie....
I mean going to the movies is going to the movies, it's a spur of the moment thing.

Sorry it didn't happen. What a disappointment. Hope you get to see it soon.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I really hope to see more space movies like this in the future.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
There were a lot of space movies in the 1950s I guess because it was the very beginning of the government space program. Most of them were silly and poorly done, though some weren't bad like "Return to Planet X" if I remember correctly. I haven't seen "The Martian" yet but it's gotten great reviews.

Fullmetallittle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Reading the book almost done may see the movie soon. And hulls @dogboy long time no see

S

Starrunner

Has anyone else had this song stuck in their heads after seeing the movie?

[video=youtube;tMjPdrYCBSU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMjPdrYCBSU[/video]

Fingon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I absolutely loved the humor in the movie. I lost my shit when they were talking about the Council of Elrond and the director of Nasa wanted to be call sign Glorfindel. What made the whole moment even better was the presence of Sean Bean. I could not stop laughing. I was surprised how in depth they got with the science in the movie. I was overall very pleased with the whole movie

S

Starrunner

I absolutely loved the humor in the movie. I lost my shit when they were talking about the Council of Elrond and the director of Nasa wanted to be call sign Glorfindel. What made the whole moment even better was the presence of Sean Bean. I could not stop laughing. I was surprised how in depth they got with the science in the movie. I was overall very pleased with the whole movie

"If we are going to have a secret project called "Elrond", then I want my code name to be "Glorfindel".

Found the quote here: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_martian/quotes/

M

Maxx

I'm convinced. I need to see this movie. Too many of my buttons waiting to be pushed. Sadly, I expect much of what's been mentioned would zip right past Mrs. Maxx. While I was listening to Ziggy Stardust, she was all over 3 Dog Night. Not sure what she was reading while I was reading The Silmarillion.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I'm convinced. I need to see this movie. Too many of my buttons waiting to be pushed. Sadly, I expect much of what's been mentioned would zip right past Mrs. Maxx. While I was listening to Ziggy Stardust, she was all over 3 Dog Night. Not sure what she was reading while I was reading The Silmarillion.

I think it'd be better to see it alone than to drag along someone unappreciative. It didn't feel long to me, but I bet it would be excruciating if I wasn't into it.

M

Maxx

I think it'd be better to see it alone than to drag along someone unappreciative. It didn't feel long to me, but I bet it would be excruciating if I wasn't into it.

We'll have to consult on that. She likes Matt Damon, but you might be right.

Frogsy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Just wondering if anyone has seen this movie. I saw it last night and thought it was fantastic. A great science fiction concept combined with realistic science, and Matt Damon gave a great performance. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Starrunner's verdict: 9/ 10.

I'm another fan of this! I read the book first and just recently saw the movie. Both are great! The book goes into more detail, but the movie is very true to the plot and the characters. Honestly, the book felt like a movie script to me. It felt very Hollywood. The book and movie are not deeply profound or anything but they are top notch for entertainment and for making science fun.

M

Misatoismywaifu

I absolutely loved it. It had this adventurous sense of romantic wonder about the entire prospect. It had me on the edge of my seat at the end literally. When I saw Interstellar last year, I cried the whole time because it was so sad to me but this was more upbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.