Pottypants Bratty Princess Extraordinaire
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
So EA and Respawn just recently stealth released a spin off BR game in the Titanfall Universe called Apex Legends. Nothing but good things are being said about this game. The actual gameplay is solid, it's free to play, the microtransactions are pretty much strictly cosmetic and can be earned in-game. There's just one problem.... The game contains monetized loot boxes or gambling. Sure, the system seems to be the fairest loot box system implemented thus far, odds are made public, there' duplicate protection, you can earn them for free by leveling up. Sounds fair, right? Especially when the game is free? Well, that's what EA wants you to think.

The loot boxes are the uncomfortable elephant in the room that almost no one is talking about and most who ARE talking about it are more or less defending it, and giving it an undeserved pass. I can believe EA allowed Respawn near complete creative freedom on Apex Legends in terms of gameplay and design, but I find it VERY hard to believe that EA didn't have even the smallest modicum of influence over the game's monetization scheme. This next bit is pure speculation, but I believe EA wanted to charge an entry fee for the game and they wanted pay to win, Respawn wanted to make the game free with a cosmetic only microtransaction system, ideally a direct purchase system. I believe they struck a deal, EA would allow Respawn to make the game free AND keep the microtransactions cosmetic only but for a cost. In return, EA would be allowed to demand implementation of a monetization scheme they would have some sort of control over and monetized loot boxes is what they chose. Respawn said "sure, but make it like the Overwatch system where you can earn free loot boxes by leveling up and allow us to make the odds of each drop public and implement duplicate protection." "Done." Said EA.

Now why would EA of all companies agree to something like this? Simple, at a time when monetized loot boxes are facing ever increasing scrutiny from both gamers and governments around the world and where countries like Belgium and the Netherlands have already taken regulatory action against loot boxes, EA needs all the positive they can get for loot boxes, so they can continue their plan of gradually implementing more and more egregious monetization schemes milking as much cash as they can in the short term and over saturate it to a point where the majority of gamers are so used to it and desensitized to it that they don't even care anymore because it's all they've known for so long. EA has the perfect shield from criticism and bad press for these loot boxes. "The game is free, they need to make money somehow." "Who cares? It's just cosmetics." "But you can earn them in game for free!" Are all common excuses you might see the people talking about using to defend the practice. However, the odds being public, duplicate protection, cosmetic only, and the game being free to play, doesn't make a monetized loot box system any less gambling. Like Jim Sterling (thank God for him) says "just because something is less bad, doesn't make it 'good,' it just makes it less bad, but it's still bad." All of things the system does right don't necessarily make it any less of an unethical and predatory monetization scheme that makes record profit preying on children and vulnerable adults susceptible to gambling addiction.

When you look at what happened with Shadow of War and Battlefront 2, it's easy to see why EA would agree to such a deal especially when they just fought Belgium and lost. Activision-Blizzard and Overwatch weren't the first monetized loot box system, but they did help normalize the practice to a frightening degree. The backlash towards Shadow of War and Battlefront 2 threw a wrench in that plan and forced EA and others to backtrack ever so slightly so the Overton window pushed back slightly to where loot boxes were "ok" as long they were just cosmetic and not pay to win like the original Battlefront 2 system. Then the Overton window shifted against all monetized loot boxes as more and more governments began to scrutinize and even take action against the practice. With the "stealth" launch of event time limited paid only loot boxes for Rainbow 6 Siege and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, there wasn't nearly as much backlash as there should have been, as almost no one talked about the boxes and those who did gave them a pass because they were "just cosmetic." Now we find ourselves in the same situation with Apex Legends.

The conclusion is simple, EA wants to use the game being free, the game actually being pretty solid, the public odds and dupe protection, and cosmetic only mtx as a Trojan Horse tactic to again shift the Overton window amongst the vast majority of the gaming community more in favor of monetized loot boxes so they can continue the slow gradual creep towards more and more egregious monetization practices they so crave so they can please their REAL customers, the shareholders. EA would use everything the game does right as bait to subconsciously trick and condition gamers to accept monetized loot boxes, and judging by the mostly silence topic and the positive press among those speaking out on the topic, most seem to have taken the bait, hook line and sinker. Supporting these loot boxes sets a bad precedent that gambling in games with real money is ok under certain circumstances and if you give these publishers an inch, you very well know they will take the whole goddamn world. I encourage people not to fall for this Trojan Horse and instead support games that do not contain gambling microtransactions or pay to play games that monetize like free to play games (AKA fee to pay) and see that monetized gambling loot boxes are NEVER ok whether the game is free or not. We need to stamp out this practice for good and be vigilant on the watch for alternative shady monetization practices they will try should they fail to normalize loot boxes again, and you just know they will. For EA, no press is good press when it comes to loot boxes, no one saying anything at all about them is just as good for EA as people saying good things about them. Don't buy into the Trojan Horse, it's a trap. As Jim Sterling said "AAA companies don't just want SOME of the money, they want ALL the money." If it's not all the money in the world, then it's not enough for these companies and their shareholders. Stay resolute, stay vigilant, and let companies know that if they want recurrent monetization, the game must be free, the mtx cosmetic only, and either let people pay directly for what they want, or get lost. Don't make us gamble for a CHANCE to get what we want, actually GIVE us what we want for our money, or it's going elsewhere. Thank you for reading, TLDR below

TLDR: Apex Legends is a Trojan Horse designed to shift the Overton window and slowly recondition gamers to accept monetized gambling microtransactions. Don't fall for it, don't take the bait.

Reactions: CutePrincess and Fireband
No worries there Sophie :)
Me and every one of my true gaming friends, have a sworn EA boycott. We don't even have the origin launcher on our PC.

Long story short: we want the message to be clear! Until these shady practices are a thing of the past. EA is not getting any business from us, FTP or not. My friend got addicted to gambling because of the loot box gateway. True story. As gamers, we need companies to understand in AAA gaming, there is ZERO excuse to charge these prices for things, game altering or not. If your game is AAA quality, there is no need for shady schemes because your game will sell well.

Now I do condone some DLC in games, IF and only IF it is an actual expansion. Two good examples are Old World Blues from Fallout New Vegas, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep from Borderlands 2. Both were fantastic expansions and were well priced. So, for those of you reading, I'm okay with DECENT monetization, as long as it is not shady.

Sophie, I am so happy to see you also hate this shady hellhole gaming has sunk into.

Fireband said:
No worries there Sophie :)
Me and every one of my true gaming friends, have a sworn EA boycott. We don't even have the origin launcher on our PC.

Long story short: we want the message to be clear! Until these shady practices are a thing of the past. EA is not getting any business from us, FTP or not. My friend got addicted to gambling because of the loot box gateway. True story. As gamers, we need companies to understand in AAA gaming, there is ZERO excuse to charge these prices for things, game altering or not. If your game is AAA quality, there is no need for shady schemes because your game will sell well.

Now I do condone some DLC in games, IF and only IF it is an actual expansion. Two good examples are Old World Blues from Fallout New Vegas, and Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep from Borderlands 2. Both were fantastic expansions and were well priced. So, for those of you reading, I'm okay with DECENT monetization, as long as it is not shady.

Sophie, I am so happy to see you also hate this shady hellhole gaming has sunk into.
Most people do, esp those that can't afford to toss 100-1000+ a month on a single game. Some can and it is insane they support it by spending this money so the rest suffer. Companies need to make money, i get that, they need pay workers and other things. But they do not need a 30 billion dollar industry so ceos can buy 10 million dollar homes and such.

Nintendo is usually fair with dlc like mk8 and splatoon 2

I been sending various politicians emails and such, I hope everyone that disagrees with this practice is doing the same. talking on a forum about this issue is not going to do much, keep telling people to send those letters, more and more that stand up and say no, the more things will change.

Last edited:
SnowPrincessSophie said:
TLDR: Apex Legends is a Trojan Horse designed to shift the Overton window and slowly recondition gamers to accept monetized gambling microtransactions. Don't fall for it, don't take the bait.
Oh boy do I ever have some bad news for you... This is basically the business model from F2P games for ever. The most popular video game in the world (Fortnite) has lootboxes. And if you're going to boycot every publisher who does lootboxes, well, good luck playing much of anything. Every rando Korean publisher does it, Valve does it in all their current games, Activision Blizzard does it, EA has been doing it for years, Nintendo does it (they literally made a Fire Emblem gacha game), Square Enix does a ton of lootboxes on mobile, WB games does it, Microsoft used to do it (I think they have basically given up on it though), even Ubi Soft (which was basically the last major holdout, and shockingly the most pro-gamer third party AAA publisher of the last couple years) is starting to do it... Outside of indie games and very specifically Sony and Nintendo first party console titles loot boxes have been normalized a long time ago.

Not to dismiss the predatory monetization that Apex has, but I don't understand why EA is being singled out for what is basically an industry standard practice at this point.

Basically if you want to not give a penny to any company that uses lootboxes your only option is basically to only play first party games on PlayStation.

Last edited:
Near said:
Oh boy do I ever have some bad news for you... This is basically the business model from F2P games for ever. The most popular video game in the world (Fortnite) has lootboxes. And if you're going to boycot every publisher who does lootboxes, well, good luck playing much of anything. Every rando Korean publisher does it, Valve does it in all their current games, Activision Blizzard does it, EA has been doing it for years, Nintendo does it (they literally made a Fire Emblem gacha game), Square Enix does a ton of lootboxes on mobile, WB games does it, Microsoft used to do it (I think they have basically given up on it though), even Ubi Soft (which was basically the last major holdout, and shockingly the most pro-gamer third party AAA publisher of the last couple years) is starting to do it... Outside of indie games and very specifically Sony and Nintendo first party console titles loot boxes have been normalized a long time ago.

Not to dismiss the predatory monetization that Apex has, but I don't understand why EA is being singled out for what is basically an industry standard practice at this point.

Basically if you want to not give a penny to any company that uses lootboxes your only option is basically to only play first party games on PlayStation.
Because EA with battlefront 2 is the straw that broke the camels back:
But the questions did not go away, and the release of Star Wars Battlefront 2 only fanned the raging flames. EA’s decision to box-ify everything in a multiplayer shooter that already cost $60 prompted understandable outrage from players. The reaction was strong enough for EA to remove microtransactions from the game entirely, and they may never return.

Legislators were more outspoken following Battlefront 2’s release. The Belgian justice minister called for a Europe-wide ban on loot boxes, and an ongoing investigation in the country is focussing on both EA’s shooter and Overwatch, which offers loot boxes containing cosmetic gear. Dutch authorities have launched their own investigation, too.

Belgium has already fraught back. All lootboxes do is stress and exploit people:
http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/12/14/...0-on-final-fantasy-and-nearly-lost-his-family
https://www.destructoid.com/a-look-into-a-dude-who-has-spent-70-000-on-fate-grand-order-494571.phtml
how GDPR helps:
As I said, I have no issues with companies trying to make money, that is how they have a business, need pay workers and such. What is not ok is exploiting people to this large degree.
"This is basically the business model from F2P games for ever" is not a defense to accept it. Things should not be like this and it is general overall harmful.

Also my Nintendo switch and 3ds library would beg to differ on your final thought.

Last edited:
Because EA is the originator as explained by this video:

CutePrincess said:
"This is basically the business model from F2P games for ever" is not a defense to accept it. Things should not be like this and it is general overall harmful.
I'm not defending the business model, I'm objecting to the idea that Apex is a "trojan horse". The "trojan horse" was FUT. Years ago. Apex is a trailing indicator, not a leading one. Even my beloved Rocket League has crates and keys and gambling nonsense in it at this point. The only way to reign in loot boxes is through legislation because, as a UbiSoft dev pointed out recently defending the addition of loot boxes to Trial Rising (which I believe is the first Ubi Soft game with loot boxes), "we are adding loot boxes because people buy them". An entire generation of gamers have already been raised on F2P mobile games, on Ultimate Team, on gachas, on Fortnite.

CutePrincess said:
Also my Nintendo switch and 3ds library would beg to differ on your final thought.

Nintendo doesn't just make console games. They make mobile games too, and while Fire Emblem Fates is "pretty fair" for a gacha it's still a gacha. The entire game is literally built around loot boxes (and an energy system). Nintendo is absolutely part of the problem. Sony is the only major video game publisher I'm aware of that I don't believe has ever used loot boxes (I was going to say CD Projekt Red nut GWENT has them). Well, Devolver Digital too if you want to count them as a major publisher.

SnowPrincessSophie said:
That's an excellent video (with the exception that I wouldn't describe "Titanfall" as a successful IP. The games were critically acclaimed, but not financially a success). I do hope his conclusion is correct, but I'm not as optimistic as he is.

Near said:
Nintendo doesn't just make console games. They make mobile games too, and while Fire Emblem Fates is "pretty fair" for a gacha it's still a gacha.
please read this carefully:
CutePrincess said:
Near said:
Oh I see what you mean now. I was not posting on such point of view and did not even know about that game.

However upon looking up "gacha"
Complete gacha

"Complete gacha" (コンプリートガチャ), also shortened as "kompu gacha"[8][9] or "compu gacha"[10] (コンプガチャ), was a monetization model popular in Japanese mobile phone video games until 2012, when it was rendered illegal via legal opinion. Under complete gacha rules, players attempt to "complete" a set of common items in a particular loot pool in order to combine them into a rarer item.[10][11] The first few items in a set can be rapidly acquired but as the number of missing items decreases it becomes increasingly unlikely that redeeming a loot box will complete the set. This is particularly true if there are a large number of common items in the game, since eventually one single, specific item is required.[11]
we already had regulations on these damn things, Belgium flat out banned them, but game companies did not do much outside not selling them in that country. Because of this The FTC was asked to look into it.

Now keep in mind what I said in my first post here:
CutePrincess said:
I been sending various politicians emails and such, I hope everyone that disagrees with this practice is doing the same. talking on a forum about this issue is not going to do much, keep telling people to send those letters, more and more that stand up and say no, the more things will change.
enough is enough.

Lastly, i do not know what "FUT" means and what you are trying to talk about with "trojan horse" the point of this thread is that they want to appear to take a step back so they can take a step forward again because that is what EA does and has a repeated history of doing.

Last edited:
CutePrincess said:
However upon looking up "gacha"

we already had regulations on these damn things, Belgium flat out banned them, but game companies did not do much outside not selling them in that country. Because of this The FTC was asked to look into it.

Gasha games are still very much legal in the US, unfortunately. And as a genre of game, they are completely built around lootbox mechanics. I was honestly quite disappointed when I saw Nintendo release a gasha game.

CutePrincess said:
Lastly, i do not know what "FUT" means and what you are trying to talk about with "trojan horse" the point of this thread is that they want to appear to take a step back so they can take a step forward again because that is what EA does and has a repeated history of doing.
FUT is FIFA Ultimate Team, EA's biggest cash cow and arguably the game mode that is most responsible for the popularization of loot boxes in the West. It is an extremely predatory game mode that has been copied in EA's other sports titles. I'll believe they are on a PR campaign to "reform" the image of loot boxes when they scale back that monstrosity. In your video, senator Cortez Masto talks about the prevalence of loot boxes in the UK. Most of that comes specifically from FUT. FUT was also a major reason loot boxes where banned in Belgium.

I think explaining what FUT means had one of my points lost. I know of "FUT" (as in I know what "Ultimate team" is I watched sophie's link) but I did not know what you where trying to say because I did not know what "FUT" was. I have name association issues issues, prob related to dyslexia in some way.

My main point I think she was getting at was simply explaining they are likely going to repeat their past, as in doing a tactical retreat, just to push the line again later, vs doing something in good faith. Loot boxes shouldn't be a thing, at all, I got no idea how and why they where skating under the radar for so long. Law maker enforcement seems to slow to adjust, like that thing I quoted with "complete gatcha" that USED to be thing before governments said NO can't.

EA is what happens when you do something that break the camel's back (battlefront 2) making more general population to speak out, outside a niche croud. (whales in mobile games not caring)

Last edited:
As far I'm concerned, look at Youtube, look at Reddit or any game forum. Any thread or comment talking about the lootboxes the vast majority of responses are defending the loot boxes and giving them a pass using the very same excuses I warned about in the OP as a shield against criticism of the loot boxes. There can more than one Trojan Horse. FUT may have been the original one, but Apex and Overwatch and similar games are the Trojan Horse to normalize gambling beyond just sports games. Judging by what I have seen, most gamers have already allowed that Trojan Horse through the gates and the loot boxes hiding within are lying in ambush in the middle of the city. The fact that Apex's loot boxes are far and away already getting a pass means we've already lost in the fight against gambling in games and we will continue to lose until regulation on a global scale appears to curtail it as that is the only way to stop it now. Until regulation puts a stop to it, gambling loot boxes and other unethical predatory monetization schemes are just going to keep getting worse.

I honestly miss the PS2 era, it was the PEAK of gaming imo. We will very likely NEVER again see an era of gaming as a whole as all around awesome as the DC/xbox/GC/PS2 era, at least not from the AAA gaming industry. The indie and middle markets as well as Nintendo's console and handheld offerings are the closest we may ever get. Why can't we have another innovative and creative renaissance era for gaming like the 16 bit era or the PS2 days, or even the N64/Saturn/PS1 era? I mean even it was the starting point of the jumping of the shark for gaming and the massive budget and scale creep for games, even last generation was better than what we have now. Xbone can't touch the 360 in terms of quantity and quality of library. The PS2 was so influential and amazing that roughly more or less 60% of the PS3's library consisted of PS2 remasters and the original games the PS3 did get were many and amazing while PS4 has great original content, even it is getting a good number of PS3 remasters. That may partly be due to the hard to program for and hard to emulate nature of the cell processor not feasibly allowing for hardware or even software emulation of PS3 games. The Wii-U was underrated, the Switch is fantastic as is the 3DS. The Wii was also a flawed, yet underrated gem, it had many great first party titles and while it had a ton ob shovelware third party titles trying to cash in on the success of the motion control gimmick, it had a ton of quality third party exclusives and even multiplats to offer.

I just wanna go back to those simpler times. You buy a game, and get everything, no more payments other than the initial purchase. You pop in the disc or cartridge, turn the system on and play. Or buy expansions with vast amounts of content to add to an already complete game like the DLC done right from last generation like Oblivion's Shivering Isles or GTA4's Ballad of Gay Tony and Lost and Damned. Even this generation's Witcher 3 model with Blood and Wine. In the modern era, Nintendo, indie, and middle markets are the closest thing to those times and I make it habit to stick to those, but AAA is so heavily overmarketed and oversaturated that even when you wanna avoid, it's just difficult to.

Lol you sound like an old person, get off my lawn! back in the gold old days, etc etc..
Though I get your point, my point is we can't hide in the past, we need to tackle these issues. We need to accept we are in a modern age, there will be hardly anything that will be purely offline. Though that does come with some benefits, updating bugs, real extra content, so on. The problem we have currently is what happens when you have something go unregulated and keep them in check.

We have anti monopoly trust laws for a reason, among other things. People have a hard time holding power in a responsible manner. So you have these game companies abuse the power from being under the radar of the law. That is the main issue. Our government leaders do not know how to keep up with the times and deem what should be regulated or not when it comes to this digital age.

If the current gaming industry was something more physical, they would not be getting away with it. Look at fallout 76 with their false advertisement with those bags and the 50% off to price manipulate you to thinking it is a good deal. YOU CAN'T DO THAT as far as the law is concerned and yet I still hear of no conviction backlash, something they deserve for it. So that is the problem, for whatever reason lawmakers are unwilling or unable to enforce the law with digital media yet. I do not think this has anything to deal with as far as a "simpler time" more like things are changing and people are not changing with it.

Contact your representatives in some way, I have been doing this, more people that do this the quicker they will make resolves from having more complaints. That is how "complete gacha" got regulated, and now we have ample proof more needs to be done.

Last edited:
Taking a slightly different tack here: if you want loot boxes gone, how do you propose to replace the lost revenue? The flood of microtransactions isn't just because publishers are greedy. It has become increasingly expensive to develop and publish new games, but the customer-base's willingness to pay higher upfront costs for games hasn't changed. So, assuming decent sales numbers (200k), in order to recover costs, each copy of the game needs to sell for something like US$70-US$90 on average.
As a practical question, what should be done? People don't pay that much for a new game and everyone involved in production sort of needs to get paid if any more games are going to be forthcoming.

Traemo said:
Taking a slightly different tack here: if you want loot boxes gone, how do you propose to replace the lost revenue? The flood of microtransactions isn't just because publishers are greedy. It has become increasingly expensive to develop and publish new games, but the customer-base's willingness to pay higher upfront costs for games hasn't changed. So, assuming decent sales numbers (200k), in order to recover costs, each copy of the game needs to sell for something like US$70-US$90 on average.
As a practical question, what should be done? People don't pay that much for a new game and everyone involved in production sort of needs to get paid if any more games are going to be forthcoming.
completely false:
SnowPrincessSophie said:
this video, at this time stamp:

Let me answer your question with another question? of the bloating budgets for games, how much is spent on developing the actual game? and how much is being spent on marketing? Also if studios aren't budgeting properly then that's their concern, not the customers'. Also, these are multi billion dollar AAA companies, not small indie studios that self publish and rely on crowdfunding and to believe this companies are so strapped for cash that these microtransactions are a necessity is rather naive. Why did the industry only last generation start collectively whining about used games? why didn't full priced games need microtransactions before? If they need money why can't they just sell a complete game and then add substantial expansion-like DLC afterwards? If games are free, why can't they just directly sell cosmetics in a shop instead of making us gamble for what we want?

Also these big companies are not nearly as strapped for cash as you make them out to be as explained here:

Also rising budgets fails to take into account the overall market has also increased so there are MORE people buying games now than even 10 years ago:

And greed is FAR more of a factor in how these companies behave than you seem to downplay it to be:

don't forget I am sure they are spending money on a graphical arms race and how to psychology manipulate people in buying these loot boxes, wasn't EA accused of rig match making so people without pay to win items are beaten by pay to win items, then once they do, are matched with people non to play win to make it feel like you are getting better but not really? UGH i need find that vid too.
oh w/e that was activation, has EA ever done that?

Here is stuff you should be worried about how these companies can manipulate people though various tactics as well:

So what you can do with loot boxes, you can say lock a rare character, skin, what have you behind a loot box. Then you can show "previews" if this though various means, It can be a heart breaking story, it can have you be presented with teasers in some way, or the thing explained in the CoD thing. There is a lot of tricks they used I am sure it took some money to research. You can also say, rig loot box odds in a way, by giving something rare to the player, but may not be a desired main result. Doing so may provoke the person to buy more (Hey I got a fair shot at x so ill give them more money to get y) , well 200+ dollars later, Y is not here, but you got X easy, I wonder why....

I'll confess, not an actual dev. On the other hand, Prof. Emeritus Bushnell is and has been deeply involved in the industry (along with the rest of the instructors for my Game Design courses). I hear what you're saying, I just don't assign it as much validity as what I'm being told by actual working developers. Not sorry.

Traemo said:
I'll confess, not an actual dev. On the other hand, Prof. Emeritus Bushnell is and has been deeply involved in the industry (along with the rest of the instructors for my Game Design courses). I hear what you're saying, I just don't assign it as much validity as what I'm being told by actual working developers. Not sorry.
game developers are not publishers.
You need a more overseeing prospective to know what is going on, as in management as a whole, not just developing it. So you need more of a publisher viewpoint then a development one. They are not the accountants or analyze profit margins. As you put it "not sorry" for breaking the truth for you and dismissing your viewpoint by saying they do not have a full enough prospective on the situation. You also flat out ignored and did not comment a lot of these costs comes from marketing, that is not on the player to eat in the forum of loot boxes. I just do not understand being so dismissive and being void of details with all the time we gave you with information.

Money kinda just... ruins everything. loot boxes are a great example. it's not about making a good game (or music, tv, etc....) ... it's all about making the most money, even if the game is watered down in some way as a result. whether it's loot boxes.... games rushed to meet deadlines... low quality mobile games... a million sequels, etc. I'm not saying I hate sequels, I love them sometimes, but I wish the game industry would try to be a bit more creative. there are genres the mainstream industry barely touches. and they could try uhm.... actually making good mobile games.... instead of making everything some, I dunno, some weird lootbox-casino-pay-to-win-mutant thing...?

And... Activision is doing massive layoffs.... after a year of record profits .... that's just..... not right
https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/12/activision-blizzard-layoffs-800-employees-record-2018/

Last edited:
Reactions: CutePrincess
Few things: I didn't dismiss marketing costs, I just kept them rolled into the overall cost. I thought the implication that costs related to release and publishing were also included in this collective term was strong enough - apparently not. Logically, there's not much point in spending millions to develop the game if you're not going to put an equal amount of effort into getting a wide, successful release.

Again, I didn't explicitly unpack the collective group of faculty I've talked to, worked with, and studied under. For the record, it runs the gamut to non-exhaustively include project managers, sound and graphic design, ludologists, coders, and business advisors.

Thank you for reminding me I need to be painfully explicit and picayune in my responses.

Back